Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Luis, Niko, or Johnny? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/48083/t1443213-luis-niko-johnny/

Author:   The Anti Hero
Date:   Nov 02, 09 at 11:41pm (PST)
Subject:   Luis, Niko, or Johnny?
-------------------------------------------
Since we finally have gotten to find out just who Luis is firsthand, and we already know who Johnny and Niko are, who was everyone's favorite GTA Protagonist?

For me, it had to have been Luis. He is a really likable character, down to earth, and you can relate to him in more ways than one. He isn't just a common thug, and actually has a legitimate source of income, unlike Niko or Johnny. Not only that, but he's a family man with the heart of a killer.
He is also a pretty badass character altogether, with Cage Fighting and Managing Clubs under his belt, Luis is the real deal. Besides, the guy gets action every time you turn around. Lmfao.

Author:   Shane
Date:   Nov 03, 09 at 1:09am (PST)
Subject:   re: Luis, Niko, or Johnny?
Johnny all the way man. A metal head could not possibly pick anyone else. Although I have to say, I liked both the DLC characters much more than Niko.

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Nov 03, 09 at 1:49am (PST)
I still think like Niko the best.

Luis is a close second though.

I pretty much hated Johnny.

Date:   Nov 04, 09 at 4:10pm (PST)
quote Shane
Johnny all the way man. A metal head could not possibly pick anyone else. Although I have to say, I liked both the DLC characters much more than Niko.

Haha, I gotta agree. After a while, that effect starts rubbing off on you, but Niko is still one hell of a badass.

Author:   firerikku546555
Date:   Nov 13, 09 at 1:42am (PST)
Niko all the way man, I mean he is sort of a bad character at the beggining, but later on in the game when you get more into his backstory and he starts to get serious on things, he becomes a brilliant character!
Johnny really wasn't all that bad of a character either
Luis, eh I don't know. Never really seen the story of the game he's in yet so I can't tell.

Date:   Nov 18, 09 at 10:20pm (PST)
I'd strongly advise ou to do so man. Luis' story combined with the missions he's gotta do is brilliant. I've just recently been playing Lost and Damned, and I gotta say, Johnny is pretty badass too, I'll admit that.
I think all of the Protagonists are pretty cool in their own ways.

Author:   Igotfired
Date:   Nov 20, 09 at 9:07pm (PST)
Niko and Luis are such forgettable characters that I'd have to go with Johnny. Three years from now when I look back the only one of the three that i'll remember is Johnny, mostly because of the unique bike missions. BoGT is probably the most memorable episode, but Luis has zero personality. Niko is one of the main reasons that I hated IV so much. Johnny isn't spectacular either, but he beats the other two by default

Author:   ChiroVette
Date:   Nov 22, 09 at 7:52pm (PST)
Actually, as critical as I am of IV, I thought Niko's character was fantastic. My problems with all that were outside the actual control of the voice actor, and had to do with the depressing story and the writing taking the character nowhere I particularly cared about. But his lines, acting, and his persona I enjoyed a great deal.

Author:   Tec 9
Date:   Nov 23, 09 at 1:43am (PST)
Yeah I have to agree with Chiro here, Niko was the best, and if anything was detrimental to his character it was the writing. Johnny was a *bleep*ing meatheaded moron and Luis had the worst voice acting I've ever heard.

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Nov 29, 09 at 8:59pm (PST)
Luis is a pussy compared to these two.
He clearly relies on guns.

Johny would tear them both apart to be honest, if he didn't allow Niko to get one of his deadly dodge-then-counter finishing moves in on him.

Author:   Wu Tang Forever
Date:   Nov 29, 09 at 9:50pm (PST)
^ don't agree at all

in a gunfight Niko >>>> Johny and Luis - due to his millitary carerr

in a fistfight....johny will get killed by both of them, one is a cage fighter and the most muscular out of all 3, and the other knows some army shit lol

Author:   gta4roks
Date:   Dec 26, 09 at 6:07am (PST)
Niko!!!! No questions asked hes a likable guy, except for the killing. The dialog is amazing. Hes cool looking,Funny.Hand 2 hand, Niko would get it because he was in the army.In a gun fight it all depends on the player and weapon skill he has.

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Feb 16, 10 at 10:06pm (PST)
quote DaveyPoshboy
Luis is a pussy compared to these two.
He clearly relies on guns.

Johny would tear them both apart to be honest, if he didn't allow Niko to get one of his deadly dodge-then-counter finishing moves in on him.
And Johnny doesnt rely on his guns ? I dont recall Johnny using his fists much in TLAD.

Doesnt Luis have a military background ? When you first enter your safehouse theres a picture on the wall of a man who looks like him,unless thats his father...

Author:   Justplayingitcool
Date:   Mar 03, 10 at 8:33pm (PST)
thats his father his father gets shot in the army

Author:   Jakest3r
Date:   Mar 04, 10 at 12:22am (PST)
Niko. He has the coolest looks, story, and dialouge. Not to mentoin he would win in any gunfight- he can call Carmen for a health boost!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.