Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Lissandra - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1854148-lissandra/

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Apr 17, 13 at 11:47pm (PST)
Subject:   Lissandra
-------------------------------------------
I got stuck with Duo Mid trolls (again, it's PBE) so knowing I'm headed bot in a 2 v 1, I opted to go with Lissandra, who seems fairly capable of handling herself in that precise situation. Going for a Chalice and an early Zhonya's to deal with the inevitable 3 v 1 dives on me, especially with an enemy Hecarim. I'll let you guys know how she plays.

Author:   wingsofvalorx
Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 5:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: Lissandra
quote WakeCraterWind
I got stuck with Duo Mid trolls (again, it's PBE) so knowing I'm headed bot in a 2 v 1, I opted to go with Lissandra, who seems fairly capable of handling herself in that precise situation. Going for a Chalice and an early Zhonya's to deal with the inevitable 3 v 1 dives on me, especially with an enemy Hecarim. I'll let you guys know how she plays.
Dude, duo mid? Nah man, ARAM.

Author:   Hmszelda
Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 8:52am (PST)
How'd it go?

Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 9:21am (PST)
I went 7 - 0 in the first fifteen minutes. Riven and Teemo predictably tower-dived me (I had earlier been brought to below 100 health after they tried to jump me from the side bushes) but at lv 2 with Barrier Riven was quickly killed from full health and Teemo left at half. He didn't know I warded bot lane bush so I got some free harass on him whne he tried to stealth in the bushes before engaging again for the double kill. I'll post the screenshot later. After that, I just kept on killing them with constant ice shard harass and there wasn't much they could do about it.

But yeah, her 2 v 1 is amazing, but her kit is not nearly as powerful as it first seems. Ice Shard is actually very short ranged-- it only becomes an effective harassing tool with enemy minions pushing in on you so you can get that shard off. Her snare and her ult are great for pushing tower dives off of you, but her snare is very lacking offensively; usually Ice Claw is not enough to get close enough on an aware opponent, I had to use flash to snare people more than I'd like. Using her ult for Stun is a different story though. Her Ice Claw was less effective than I thought it would be. It moves at around 600 ~ 550 MS I'd say, which doesn't make it an amazing offensive blink. It's greatly useful for wall-hopping, but most people can dodge her claw since it telegraphs where it will be.

Author:   RazeHell
Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 10:04am (PST)
I find that even if you move in the you cast your claw, it moved just fast enough so you'll get the effective distance of a flash, unless you took a lot of extra move speed items.

The great thing about it is that her claw can let her jump over every wall in the game. At some locations, she can even jump over two, because her displacement is technically classified as a blink.

If she had any clearing power at all, she would be an extremely powerful jungler. Unfortunately, she's in the same boat as Leona in that even though she has amazing ganking tools, she can't clear to save her life.

Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 10:25am (PST)
quote RazeHell
The great thing about it is that her claw can let her jump over every wall in the game. At some locations, she can even jump over two, because her displacement is technically classified as a blink.
While you can cross every wall in the game; unless you have your ult, it becomes very difficult to lock down opponents. Her own tower diving is actually very weak without her ult; as you have to be in very close range to get your snare off, her Ice Claw is relatively slow and very predictable, and her ice shard is low ranged with no CC. Flash is a necessity on her even moreso than others.

With her ult, however, she can easily Ice Claw into an Frozen Tomb ult on an opponent followed by an Ice Shard, Ring of Frost snare once they're free, and finished with another Ice Shard.

So I told you guys before how I went 7 - 0 in the first fifteen minutes, but the rest of the game was an uphilll battle as our Xin decided to troll and go AP, while farming whichever lane was farthest from us at ever chance he could get. I personally went for a tanky build, starting off 0/9/21 with points into gp10, bonus starting gold, and cloth armor with 5 reds and a blue. I rushed a Seeker's Armsguard then went for Catalyst into a RoA. After that I decided to got for more of a support mage, getting CDR boots, Twin Shadows, and Frozen Heart since their Riven got stupid fed off of our now-troll Xin. Zhonya's. her ult, Kayle's ult, and barrier meant I survived for hiliariously long times in fights before going down.

Author:   Ropnap
Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 12:38pm (PST)
You didnt mention one important thing: is she fun to play?

Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 1:24pm (PST)
quote Ropnap
Yes, but I'm biased. I got super fed really early and I'd have fun playing a Caster Minion if I was racking up kills lol.

Her Ice Shard is really fun to hit, but it's really short range bummed me out more than once.
Her Glacial Path is less fun, feels sluggish, and unwieldy.
Her Ring of Frost is a litte too hard to use as well, being basically Riven's Ki burst but without Riven's insane mobility
Her Frozen Tomb is kind of fun but if used on an enemy it's just a stun.

The most fun with her comes out of baiting enemies into diving you, or initiating on you, and then you popping Frozen Tomb, Zhonya's, then Barrier to stay alive for ridiculous amounts of time.

Author:   Ropnap
Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 1:31pm (PST)
quote WakeCraterWind
quote Ropnap
Yes, but I'm biased. I got super fed really early and I'd have fun playing a Caster Minion if I was racking up kills lol.

Her Ice Shard is really fun to hit, but it's really short range bummed me out more than once.
Her Glacial Path is less fun, feels sluggish, and unwieldy.
Her Ring of Frost is a litte too hard to use as well, being basically Riven's Ki burst but without Riven's insane mobility
Her Frozen Tomb is kind of fun but if used on an enemy it's just a stun.

The most fun with her comes out of baiting enemies into diving you, or initiating on you, and then you popping Frozen Tomb, Zhonya's, then Barrier to stay alive for ridiculous amounts of time.
She looks fun. O: I'm not interested in her Q, though. =/

Try out playing her again. This game was kinda unaccurate because you were so fed. :3

Author:   RazeHell
Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 6:11pm (PST)
Honestly, the PBE is not a good place to determine how good a champion is, or to test your skill with said champion.
The player pool is so spread out that it is nearly impossible to get a good game. Not only that, but it seems that a vast majority of players dont mind being reported or banned, and they come into the game extremely toxic. At least one person on either team is going to be a problem.

I have yet to play a Lissandra game that wasn't a 4v5 or worse.
I also have yet to actually play her mid,

I have had frequent success with her bot lane though

Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 7:46pm (PST)
quote RazeHell
Honestly, the PBE is not a good place to determine how good a champion is, or to test your skill with said champion.
Plenty good for finding out how much you personally like a champion, though. Like I recently found out that I hate playing Jayce. I just cannot make his combos work.

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   May 01, 13 at 12:35pm (PST)
Lissandra is op pls nerf.

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   May 02, 13 at 8:47am (PST)
quote Bass Ultra
Lissandra is op pls nerf.
I'm thinking (and hoping) that's a joke :/...

She feels really incomplete. High damage? No. High cc? Not really. High sustain? You'll never run out of mana, but an early chalice solves that on 90% of mana based champions. However, she's great at locking down a single target. Melee DPS champions, and bruisers that build little tenacity are going to be locked down for 3 seconds. Of course, you can lock down their AD Carry too, but they're still going to be shooting the crap out of your team unless you ult them.

Her passive is so...MEH compared to Cassiopeia's, or any other mana efficiency passive. She seems to encourage spamming abilities to get her passive up, but in-turn, rewards using abilities less. Her Q is a weaker version of Karma's at ALL stages of the game, with a pretty crappy range to go with it. Sure, she can probably hit an extra target, but Karma's actually going to be doing damage with that poke. W? Meh, it is relatively nice. You don't get aoe snares much. But you have to be so in the middle of the fight to use it effectively. Her E was really high cooldown, low damage, and an average gap closer. It allows some insane combos late game, but you're still dealing mediocre damage, mediocre kite, mediocre poke and mediocre cc. Her ultimate is...unique. I'll give it that. It's quite fun for locking down their AD Carry, or forcing a switch of focus from yourself. Allows for pretty nice clean-up from your team.

I'd take Syndra, Viktor or Orianna in her place. Stronger cc from a higher range with better poke and better burst. I haven't seen any amazing Lissandra's tearing up the fields, let's just say that.

I'd like to hear what Inuyasha has to say about her though.

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   May 02, 13 at 10:46am (PST)
I'm not sure why you're thinking of her like long range mages, when she's more like Morgana. She's going to be at the frontlines doing her damage and taking the attention of the other team. They're also the similar because both have super safe laning. The difference is that Liss is going to be a lot more aggressive and can afford to because E and W practically make her immune to ganks.

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   May 04, 13 at 4:58am (PST)
quote Bass Ultra
I'm not sure why you're thinking of her like long range mages, when she's more like Morgana. She's going to be at the frontlines doing her damage and taking the attention of the other team. They're also the similar because both have super safe laning. The difference is that Liss is going to be a lot more aggressive and can afford to because E and W practically make her immune to ganks.
As much as I actually literally love her playstyle, and as well as I've done on some occasions, she does feel incomplete to me. She can't lock down a target from above 400 (ish) range, whereas Morgana can. I don't know, I've had 3 successful games as her and 3 not so successful games. I just feel she either needs some kind of additional range or damage tbh. She's amazing at clean up, but then there goes your strong initiate. I think her set really requires your team to know what they're doing, and that the claw is the symbol to "get the hell ready for a fight!" I'd like to play her again with a fully competent team, because in the game I won I had 2 premade.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.