Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Season 2 World Championship - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1770668-season-2-world-championship/2.htm

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Season 2 World Championship
-------------------------------------------
So incredibly impressed with Diamondproc, he was the star both games imo. Really like how Genja made amazing use of heal, too. I'm eager to try a Kog Maw and Zilean team, all the more protection for Kog.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 2:18pm (PST)
Yeah that Zilean pick really secured them as playing "protect the carry", but in the end Zil was using his ult on himself more than anybody, from diving under towers. Really got some good use out of it, since IG just couldn't get to Kog in the first place for him to need that.

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 5:53pm (PST)
IT LIVES

News thread for the final day is in GenPC, so this thread lives once again to pick up that chatter purpose here.
Article link

There's a schedule and the like for the Final Day of course:
5:00 PM - Doors Open,
5:30 - Allstar Showmatch (Confirmed players: Ocelot, Krepo, Chaox)
6:30 PM - Ceremonies
7:00 PM - Azubu Frost vs. Taipei Assassins Game 1, with each following game following completion of the previous.
?:00 PM - Closing Ceremonies

Currently we're on Ceremonies, Showmatch ended. Maknoon played roaming Teemo, and failed so horribly it was hilarious. Tried to wait out Lee Sin doing his first red, but got revealed by an accidental AoE from Lee, died. Later on he was invis by baron, Leona missed her leap to baron, but instead accidentally(?) caught teemo, killing him yet again. Was hilarious to watch.

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 6:27pm (PST)
Bunch or interviews of the teams and their players. Me being a top laner I can't decide between Shy or Stanley. My guess is a 3-2 win in Azubu's favor. Until the game starts ill be working on my house in Minecraft...

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 7:18pm (PST)
I'm rooting for Shy in top lane, he really impressed me with his Singed play.

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 7:22pm (PST)
I'm gonna have to go with Stanley on this one. I'd love to see some Jax play but I highly doubt it. Game 1 starts now, everyone!

Edit: Woah, a Jax ban!? I wasn't even aware Shy played a competitive Jax, I'll have to look at it during some downtime.

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 8:13pm (PST)

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 8:15pm (PST)
Shy did Jax early on in this tournament, right after he showed off Singed for the first time.

TPA couldn't peel karthus from the rest of the fight and had to fight in the puddle, that really finished it for them with how close-range they were. Aniv could have tried to counter-puddle, but AF managed to really focus Toyz down well.

Author:   GlancingReverse
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 8:19pm (PST)
Riot really needs to find a better song to play between the games/commentary.

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 8:30pm (PST)
Shy takes Jax versus Shen top lane. Can't wait to see how he plays, and maybe I might learn something new after my 2 years of playing him...

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 9:14pm (PST)
quote BluAnimal
Shy takes Jax versus Shen top lane. Can't wait to see how he plays, and maybe I might learn something new after my 2 years of playing him...

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 9:23pm (PST)
quote Chaosfire
quote BluAnimal

I watched the whole game, took notes on Jax's farm/build/time and here's where I stand:

What the hell. I probably come off as completely cocky and I understand he's a professional player and we're on two totally different levels. I knew he'd get zoned by a Shen (I've played Jax versus Shen a hundred times now) yet he doesn't buy a HoG or Philosopher's to make up for it. He get's ganked several times but escapes (yay :3) Shen just mounts this thing of gold over Jax with his 2 gold per 5's and zoning him. The one thing that bothered me is Shy doesn't buy a Wriggle's OR a Bilgewater, just keeps the vampiric scepter in his inventory for the whole game. Yet despite getting zoned he buys Triforce (I understand it's great on Jax, I build it personally as well) but that gives him no sustain. Later in the game (I think around 40 minutes) Jax and Shen go toe-to-toe and Jax just gets stomped. (He didn't ult during the fight either) Everything that Shy did I would have done differently. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm just completely shocked with how he performed. [/cocky]

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 9:50pm (PST)
I believe he never purchased the cutlas on account of that he missed his window to kill shen, and shen just became too tanky to kill in lane, and he was working on a Randuin's omen. I don't know, Jax isn't my specialty.

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 10:12pm (PST)
Meh, Bilgewater/Wriggle's is just a great item for Jax. He really needs lifesteal over a lot of stats to be honest. The fact that he bought that vampiric scepter and a ruby crystal first time back made me happy. Hoping for a Phage/Cutlass or maybe Cutlass/HoG but he didn't get either lifesteal. And while he did stack some armor quickly, Jax's empowers and Grandmaster's Might passive should have cut through Shen regardless. Also Bilgewater's active is a nice chunk of magic damage. But I will say he played well, not pleased with how he did, but he knew what he was doing most times.

TPA leads 2 - 1, Watching this one hoping it's the final.

Author:   Fury
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 11:21pm (PST)
Glad TPA won. I think AF played way too passively. In the first game TPA just gave away too many good team fight picks I feel.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.