Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: My AD Yi Build - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1762398-my-ad-yi-build/

Author:   Unbeaten
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 3:47pm (PST)
Subject:   My AD Yi Build
-------------------------------------------
Does this sound any good?

1. Berserker's Greaves (Boots, +25% speed)
2. B.F. Sword (+45 AD)
3. Upgrade B.F. Sword to The Black Cleaver (+55 AD)
4. Another B.F. Sword
5. Upgrade B.F. sword to Infinity Edge (+80 AD)
6. Another B.F. Sword
7. Upgrade to another Infinity Edge
8. Another B.F. Sword
9. Upgrade to Bloodthirster (+60 AD)
10. If I have enough time to get a sixth item, it will be of my choice. (Possibly another Infinity Edge if I get super fed)

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 3:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: My AD Yi Build
Two IE's are redundant- it's way too much cost and it's Passive is Unique so it doesn't stack. You want a Phantom Dancer to replace one of those IE's, and get the PD after.

For your sixth item GA would be a smart idea, it's ability to revive is invaluable. You could possibly get this as your 5th item, too.

Not sure if many people go pure AD on Yi anymore, but so long as you avoid some hard CC it would still work I suppose.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:20pm (PST)
>Yi
Uhhhhhhhhh

It's a wonder why you got banned.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 5:40pm (PST)
Yeah, IE's combine cost is very small (thus, so is the cost of the effect), but you can itemize better than two IE's. Also remember Yi loves attack speed, you can proc his doublestrike thing far more often with lots of attack speed. PD's will be your bread and butter.

quote Inuyasha
Two IE's are redundant- it's way too much cost and it's Passive is Unique so it doesn't stack. You want a Phantom Dancer to replace one of those IE's, and get the PD after.

For your sixth item GA would be a smart idea, it's ability to revive is invaluable. You could possibly get this as your 5th item, too.

Not sure if many people go pure AD on Yi anymore, but so long as you avoid some hard CC it would still work I suppose.

Full AD on a Jungle Yi works out well enough I guess, in lane early AP shines though.

Author:   Fury
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 6:28pm (PST)
Yi was basically my main until I started playing mid mostly.

Yomuu's Ghostblade is a good first major item. The things that build into it are extremely helpful as the Avarice Blade is a GP/10 item and the Brutalizer is basically a mini-ghostblade. Really good item especially if there's several champs building armor to counter you as it has a bit of penetration. The cooldown reduction is really good too. Best part is the active effect, which is pretty ridiculous with him. It's like having two ultimates on Master Yi.

After that, getting Phantom Dancer is also a must. Then you can top it off with Infinity Edge, now that your crit chances are pretty high from Yomuu's and PD.

If you're jungling, then building Vampiric Scepter as your first item and building it into Bloodthirster is a really good option. Otherwise, I think it's better to get a second Phantom Dancer instead.

Frozen Mallet is also really helpful. Often times Yi is the only champ capable of catching someone. FM will both slow them down and give you enough health to survive the initiation. Depends on how well your team can CC.

Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 3:38am (PST)
Does no one here do a crit Yi build?

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 4:11am (PST)
For some reason I read AD as attention deficit. No relevance to this conversation whatsoever

Author:   Fury
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 8:14am (PST)
quote DC Sniper
Does no one here do a crit Yi build?
PD, YGb, and IE all increase crit chance, so yes. If you get 2 PDs, one YGb, and one IE, you'll be at 100% crit chance and doing 250% damage on crits. Plus any runes. Crit marks and quints = bonus 33% crit damage. My friend builds that with Gangplank.

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 1:04pm (PST)
Always been a fan of Brutalizer on him. His cooldowns are relatively long, and you'll find that you'll need them often, so having tha CDR helps you be more useful more often. Avarice blade is also handy for helping Yi along into that late-game terror mode, but I find it makes your mid-game much harder to transition out of.

I would skip the bloodthirster for a Last Whisper on him. Bloodthirster is good, but you'll die a lot and your team doesn't have the time to wait for you to farm back up to full stacks every time they fight. Generally, Last Whisper is more effective than even a fully stacked Bloodthirster. Catalyst into Banshee's veil is amazing for those low AoE, low CC teams that have perhaps one or two stuns in between them. Suddenly, they have none on you. Turn into a walking blender on them from there. Guardian Angel is god as well, giving people an actual disincentive NOT to kill Yi, incredibly. Quicksilver Sash is an excellent way to deal with those CC-reliant ganks.

The Berserker's greaves is really not needed. It's a good early-mid game item, but in late game, sell if for a Merc Treads.

Personally, I would recommend that you go from Cloth 5X -> Wriggles & Boots -> Infinity Edge & Phantom Dancer, upgrade boots, too -> Last Whisper -> Bloodthrister
Or, Cloth 5x -> Wriggles Boots -> Brutalizer & Avarice Blade -> IE or Zeal -> Phantom Dancer -> Upgrade to Youmuu's -> Last Whisper

Finally, sell Wriggles for a GA or a

of course, it's all situational.

Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 4:19pm (PST)
quote WakeCraterWind
I would skip the bloodthirster for a Last Whisper on him.
With his crit chance he's already doing massive damage but yes I would also agree that a Last Whisper>Bloodthirster for Yi. Though you shouldn't be dying because you have Highlander and a strong heal with Meditate's regen and bonuses while healing.

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 9:45pm (PST)
In general, LW > Bloodthirster at armor levels less than 30, and at armor levels less than 100 at full stacks. You get lifesteal, but you could also just buy 1~2 vamp specters for the money you save. Keeping full stack is also difficult with Yi unless you're rolling them hard, and at that rate, you could get a sword of the occult and LW.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 1:23am (PST)
SotO is trash though, it's worse than Bloodthirster until it gets really close to maxed, and takes forever in comparison. You'll feed up faster on a BT, and that'll allow you to roll quicker.

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 2:48am (PST)
LW > BT? Don't make me laugh . If they build a thormail, you're gonna kill yourself if you have LW instead of BT. Also, you won't be 3 shotting the adc, support and apc like you're meant to. Also, I find bloodrazor will do more for you in terms of facing tanks. 4% health magic damage 2.5 attacks per second = 12% - 6% due to magic resist (usually I see tanks block 50% magic damage, unless the enemy team is ap heavy) + 20-30% of YI's crit damage = 3 seconds and the tank is probably running for their life. Also, the armor is just a nice addition.

Author:   Luminescence
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 3:51am (PST)
Inuyasha said everything I had to say. But LW is considered optional and very last item that's not even needed so much in Yi's case, imo. Bloodthirster is a lot better choice with the life steal and additional attack damage.

Author:   Tashur Astur
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 5:19am (PST)
Oh god please PLEASE don't ever buy a bloodrazor on AD champs... There's a reason no pro players do it, the damage you deal is so low since you don't buy magic penetration with it. It's so much more valuable to go the universal AD build which is this:
IE
PD or Trinity(on Corki/Ez, although PD still works fine)
LW
BT
Defensive item of choice, either of the three:
Banshee's veil, Quicksilver Sash or Guardian Angel.
It is the most effective build, it's not for lolz that pro players go this.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.