Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Off-topic GD II - Nobody has a cool a hat as Caitlyn - page 29

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1751710-off-topic-gd-ii-nobody-has-cool-hat-as-caitlyn/29.htm

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:59pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Off-topic GD II - Nobody has a cool a hat as Caitlyn
-------------------------------------------
quote Inuyasha
Good luck again, I'm going to play some Katarina normal games if my team doesn't need me, and then try her in ranked. She's growing on me and whenever you get a double kill or more with your reset it's a satisfying feeling.
Katarina. One of my old favourites. 3 reasons why I don't play her in draft pick anymore: Easily Countered, Requires Team to be Good (CCing the CCers as opposed to the squishies so kat can get her ult off) and her laning phase still isn't great. I can't beat a kat to crap with anything except ryze. And apparently ryze counters kat ...

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:19am (PST)
quote WakeCraterWind
quote BluAnimal
So I went 7/6 I believe, but ended up losing (Draven was 4/9, Taric was 0/8, Ryze was 1/7) So yeah. I cried a bit. Just queue'd up again though, and they first picked Olaf top so I'm going Jax again. Wish me more luck :3

Also Inu: I'm great with Jax, Jarvan, Renekton, Xerath and most top laners. So if you have any questions ask away.
Ouch man. Olaf pretty much sh*ts on everyone in lane. That true damage is the most unfair trading tool to ever grace this planet.

Got any tips for laning as Irelia? I can never seem to trade decently with my opponents. Auto-attacking them feels so clumsy, and it's even worse that I have to time it with my W.
Irelia is one or the few top lanes I don't play, but I know all about countering her.

Basically flip your true damage on, dash into the enemy (this proc'd sheen/triforce it you have it) and throw down the stun/slow. She's one of the strongest top lanes and the only two things that really mess her up are health and Jax's dodge ability.

How are you building her?

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 12:07pm (PST)
Hm... My first major items after 1 ~ 2 Doran's blades is usually a Brutalizer. I move from there into working towards a Phage or a HoG if I'm not doing well. Merc Treads comes in if I'm not doing well also. I might get Aegis from the early Null-Mantle if I'm doing ok and my team needs to extend their lead. End game I having some combination of a Trinity Force, Frozen Mallet, Merc Treads, Youmuu's, FoN or Wit's End. She seems to have a pretty flexible build, which is why I flounder with her a bit.

About that jump in thing... That usually puts me right in their face, and hitting me right back. Even when I start the trade I never seem to get but slightly ahead in hp. Her stun feels so situational for me, and I have trouble with doubling up on her Q. Especially since only a few of those double Qs eats mana up like a beast.

Also, flipping on the W is like politely telling your lane opponent I AM ATTACKING YOU NOW. So annoying, how it makes that high-pitched ring. I miss how Master Yi's E would just quietly turn his sword from white-green to a slightly different white-blue, and suddenly, I'm autoattacking fools for 1/5 their hp at lv 3. They usually beat it when that happens, and I'm left pushing the lane because I don't have anything better to do with the ability now but that heal.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 3:53pm (PST)
Yikes. I'd suggest this:

Start with your boots (or cloth armor and potions if you really need the advantage)
First time back grab either a Philosopher's Stone (optional but extremely helpful) or Heart of Gold (Necessary)
Next time back complete your Mercury's Treads and a Phage or Sheen
Rush Triforce as soon as possible, follow it up with either a Frozen Mallet, Randuin's Omen or Guardian Angel. If their team is AP heavy Banshee's Veil or Force of Nature is useful.

Pretty much the logic behind this is your bonus damage from Hiten Style (sp?) is so great that you won't need items to boost your damage early on. (This same concept applies to Jarvan IV, or any champion with high base damages on skills). By grabbing those two Gp5's you'll maximize your farming ability as well as building HoG into Randuin's later on, and Shurelya's is a possibility as well.

That's about as much as I know on the topic of Irelia. Try this build out though and see if it suits you better.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 5:52pm (PST)
Just played a mirror top lane against another Mantheon. The other Manth wasn't manly enough to realize to start cloth instead of meki, so I stomped all over him pre-5 in an extremely manly fashion, while having double his armor. Their jungler even tried to gank me, but me being too manly, I escaped and managed to get the other Mantheon executed in a very un-manly way. Then I started man-trading hard with him.

And then I KS'd the entire enemy team with my manpower and passive 100% crit chance.

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 8:33pm (PST)
quote WakeCraterWind
Just played a mirror top lane against another Mantheon. The other Manth wasn't manly enough to realize to start cloth instead of meki, so I stomped all over him pre-5 in an extremely manly fashion, while having double his armor. Their jungler even tried to gank me, but me being too manly, I escaped and managed to get the other Mantheon executed in a very un-manly way. Then I started man-trading hard with him.

And then I KS'd the entire enemy team with my manpower and passive 100% crit chance.
You're not truly manly until you master the art of the double shield proc.

Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 8:38pm (PST)
I did. Kicked his unmanly ass up and down the lane, along with ridic deep dives into his tower.

I think he was trying out Mantheon. Too bad he doesn't know I main Pantheon on my smurf.
And I just tried support Fiddle. It is INSANE how resilient his utility is to feeding. I went 0/11 the most of the first part of the game, but I still was useful with mass team silences and 3-second fears. I was -4 levels than everyone else on the team at one point, but I still found a place for myself in teamfights and just spammed my Q and E all day long.

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 5:31am (PST)
Zyra support is so legit it makes me want to quit playing her as AP.

Not really but I wanted the rhyme to work.

Her plants are hilarious scouting and the poke is ridiculous. It's also funny to use your ult in teamfights because it's literally no damage but just an annoying knock-up.

Just interviewed aL Zekent, a 2700+ player for a journalism assignment in school. Watch it, thumbs it up, and don't make fun of my stuttering and mistakes, I was popping my interview-cherry.

Also criticize nicely please. Any questions I should've asked let me know, or anything else helpful. I plan to get some interviews with CLG.EU, Curse, and hopefully Scarra from Dignitas.

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 6:26am (PST)
quote Inuyasha

Also criticize nicely please. Any questions I should've asked let me know, or anything else helpful. I plan to get some interviews with CLG.EU, Curse, and hopefully Scarra from Dignitas.

I didn't know who this guy was, so I just searched him up on league. In his match history, he has a leave in a ranked game. Tut tut! Besides that, nice one Inu. And wow I want that elo :3.

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 9:11am (PST)
Dibs on next GD, Mr. shadow, please? :3

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 12:24pm (PST)
Pretty good stuff Inuyasha.

Guess if I had any advice, would be to watch pacing. You sped through a bit, said "Good stuff good stuff" many many to transition between questions. Good transitions go a long way for pacing, and really make interviews flow better. You had a good transition for example between "y no more poppy" and "favorite champions" for example, which showed (in a good way).
I had no clue who this guy is, and didn't check up before watching the interview, but after having watched it feel I understand Zekent fairly well now, so I'd say it was done pretty well.

BluAnimal I doubt there's much competition, iirc I made this thread because nobody else wanted to.

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 2:02pm (PST)
Blehh there's way too many quotes and references in LoL to choose from for me to make a thread title.

Thanks Lorx, I noticed the excess good stuff and I interrupted him a bit more than I should've, so I'll take that into account if I get another interview

He's a really chill guy, just wish he knew a lame joke, I was almost excited to hear that as much as to hear him talk ab00t LoL.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 3:29pm (PST)
He seemed really nice and laid back.

Egoraptor is apparently hilarious to interview, he was talking about past interviews and the like he's had during gamegrumps. If he gets bored he starts asking the interviewer things and joking around.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 12:34pm (PST)
So I played 3 games lately. First game was surprisingly boring. We won, but no one talked and I made it a point to not. Second game, we lost because apparently I'm (Ziggs) an idiot for going AP instead of AD. Last game, called mid in draft pick. Team bitches at me entire game, and I kept talking to a minimum. Pretty successful. The mid who I played along with and let her have mid, managed to astound me was none other than a Leblanc who ended with 2/16 and under 60 cs. Ironically my teammates blamed me and bitched all throughout because some last pick bullshit.
I normally play really well
>5/21 Gragas
Said mid's stats
I should really start using lolking before a match.

Date:   Oct 13, 12 at 1:46pm (PST)
quote Lorx
If he gets bored he starts asking the interviewer things and joking around.
That's a bad interviewer right there then, but I would get annoyed if he asked me questions. My teachers stress that you shouldn't incorporate yourself at all in interviews for the most part, so I'd be uncomfortable.

Playing Katarina on a friend's smurf to get him to 1500, started at 1250 and so far I'm 6-0. She's ridiculously pubstomp.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.