Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Off-topic GD II - Nobody has a cool a hat as Caitlyn - page 21

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1751710-off-topic-gd-ii-nobody-has-cool-hat-as-caitlyn/21.htm

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Off-topic GD II - Nobody has a cool a hat as Caitlyn
-------------------------------------------
quote WakeCraterWind
People generally consider him to be under-powered though? Tons of damage don't usually make up for scarce utility and an unwieldy escape.

And lol at draft teams that don't ban Shen. They're just asking to get split-pushed to hell if they're not first pick.
Malphite underpowered? Oh god he's first banned usually.

If you mean Ziggs then yeah, he has insane damage and poke but once team fights roll around he starts to fall off. A Lich Bane can help though.

My bans are usually:
Malphite
Blitzcrank
Shen

I ban Yorick if possible that way I can stomp any top lane uncontested as Jax.

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:41pm (PST)
Ziggs falls off when team fights start? That's the only time when his ultimate is actually good! It's hilarious to snipe people across the map and what-not, but when the enemy is grouped, more CC is being thrown around, and they aren't concentrated solely on you is the only time it's really practical.

Ziggs scales fine into late game, especially with the bonus AA damage with his passive, and yeah a Lich Bane helps that tremendously.

Ziggs in my opinion is effective in all stages of the game, and he doesn't perform like Anivia or Karthus late game, but still rivals AP's like Cassio, Zyra, Annie, Xerath, Twisted Fate, among a variety of others.

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 7:02pm (PST)
His ultimate shines in team fights but his Q has to be spammed repeatedly to be effective and it's on a 4 sec cd if I remember correctly. Plus his only escape/peel is on a 20 sec CD so once you're out of the fight you're out. He can dish out damage like no other, but all it takes is one leap strike or cutthroat and he's done.

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 7:11pm (PST)
Just played another draft game.

Our team capt was like YOLO, don't ban Shen, so ofc the enemy team picked him up. Too bad their top lane was terrible with him. I don't think he managed to get a single ult off once, and that was against warwick, with no CC to interrupt.. It makes me laugh that so many people gave up on playing Shen since's he's an insta-ban in ranked, that when the chance rolls around that they do get to play him, he's played so, so wrong. I'm starting to like the fact that I mained him.

The enemy team REALLY wanted to counter me, it seems (I was jungle Yi. They took jungle Naut, support Leona, and Shen. CC city.) so I spent pretty much the entire game split pushing, while Morgana and Lux melted their faces off from afar. They had pretty much no poke by late game, (their team's carries being Fizz and cait) and if either Leona or Naut tried to initiate, Lux/Morg would immediately double snare into an easy kill, rinse, repeat. It didn't help the enemy that Lux went full CDR and blasted away 1/2 their HP every 30 seconds.

Author:   Tashur Astur
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 5:21am (PST)
quote WakeCraterWind
People generally consider him to be under-powered though?
Malphite is probably in the top 5 strongest champions, I haven't heard anyone say he was underpowered for a very long time. If I in a ranked game forget to ban Malphite I will cry myself to sleep that night. Not really, but damn it ruins the game to be against that rock.

Now the reason for that is that the most champions I play rely on positioning in order to be strong, and Malphite just says "LOL U THINK U SAFE *KABOOM*" and then you're screwed. Best initiate in the game, Doublelift's wise words: "If god was playing Ashe you would never lose a game, because arrow let's you start any fight that you will win." same goes for Malphite's ultimate. All this is leaving out the ridiculous attack speed slow and armour buff he has.

He shouldn't be nerfed though, no nerf would ever be justified. The attack speed debuff time reduction was enough.

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 5:39am (PST)
Malphite's just irritating. He is to adcs as talon/kass is to ap mids. Hard hard counters. One of my top 3 bans. I ban blitz over malph though, because blitz ruins lanes worse than malph (in my opinion).

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:35am (PST)
quote Tashur Astur
quote WakeCraterWind
People generally consider him to be under-powered though?
Malphite is probably in the top 5 strongest champions, I haven't heard anyone say he was underpowered for a very long time. If I in a ranked game forget to ban Malphite I will cry myself to sleep that night. Not really, but damn it ruins the game to be against that rock.

Now the reason for that is that the most champions I play rely on positioning in order to be strong, and Malphite just says "LOL U THINK U SAFE *KABOOM*" and then you're screwed. Best initiate in the game, Doublelift's wise words: "If god was playing Ashe you would never lose a game, because arrow let's you start any fight that you will win." same goes for Malphite's ultimate. All this is leaving out the ridiculous attack speed slow and armour buff he has.

He shouldn't be nerfed though, no nerf would ever be justified. The attack speed debuff time reduction was enough.
I was actually talking about Ziggs. My bad.

Author:   Tashur Astur
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:34am (PST)
Oh I see, makes sense lol. I guess I'm the one who's way off track

Author:   Fury
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:05pm (PST)
Just tried Syndra for the first time. I think they overbuffed her. I felt clumsy trying to use her abilities correctly, but I still came out like 15/10 just because she's ridiculous. Ult + Deathfire Grasp was all I needed to kill Teemo or Kha'Zix. Q -> W was like half their health as well.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
I would have beaten a LeBlanc in lane as Twisted Fate in ranked today had my freakin' bot lane not fed Varus to hell.

I don't think I've ever been so pissed off after a game. RazeHell knows. I cursed about my game almost every other word.

This message was edited on 2012-09-27T15:19:28-07:00.

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:21pm (PST)
quote Fury
Just tried Syndra for the first time. I think they overbuffed her. I felt clumsy trying to use her abilities correctly, but I still came out like 15/10 just because she's ridiculous. Ult + Deathfire Grasp was all I needed to kill Teemo or Kha'Zix. Q -> W was like half their health as well.
She's Annie, bro.

Does great damage with some nice CC, but her ultimate forces her to get way too close to the fight, especially if you want to use it on a squishy opponent. Her knock-back ability is also quite difficult to land unless they are directly in-front of you.

I think she's pretty balanced right now, only played as her once since the buffs and against her only twice, though.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:07pm (PST)
Speaking of fire, I recently bought Brand, Reverse Annie, and Volibear as they were on sale. Reverse Annie is so adorable and I've found she's incredible with her passive stun. I haven't tried Volibear out yet, so I might refund him, but Brand is definitely a winner in my book!

Now that I've almost finished my rune page for Akali, I noticed I don't play her nearly as much these days, which kind of makes me sad.

Since I started buying RP though, I've actually been looking forward to sales. With the refund system also implemented, I sort of regret not buying Viktor or Hecarim while they were on sale last week.

Author:   RazeHell
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:46pm (PST)
quote MegaBassMan

I don't think I've ever been so pissed off after a game. RazeHell knows. I cursed about my game almost every other word.

Aye, thar be the mouth of a sailor on that one.

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:58pm (PST)
quote DC Sniper
Speaking of fire, I recently bought Brand, Reverse Annie, and Volibear as they were on sale. Reverse Annie is so adorable and I've found she's incredible with her passive stun. I haven't tried Volibear out yet, so I might refund him, but Brand is definitely a winner in my book!

Now that I've almost finished my rune page for Akali, I noticed I don't play her nearly as much these days, which kind of makes me sad.

Since I started buying RP though, I've actually been looking forward to sales. With the refund system also implemented, I sort of regret not buying Viktor or Hecarim while they were on sale last week.
Only buy on sales, you'll thank me later.
Volibear is a destructive force of nature, but feels helpless in the current meta of blink abilities. Brand is strong, but he has a learning curve. Annie is good. reverse annie looks nice.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:05pm (PST)
quote Chaosfire
quote DC Sniper

Only buy on sales, you'll thank me later.
Volibear is a destructive force of nature, but feels helpless in the current meta of blink abilities. Brand is strong, but he has a learning curve. Annie is good. reverse annie looks nice.
I might refund Volibear, I haven't played him once and all I've been playing is Brand/Annie/other champs of late. Tomorrow's sale of Fizz and Xerath I don't think I'll be buying either.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.