Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Diana - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1748459-diana/3.htm

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 4:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Diana
-------------------------------------------
Twitch has a small movespeed boost on his Q.
Ziggs can jump, the delay is actually not that consequential if you cast the ability ahead of you instead of dropping it at your feet and spamming the detonate button for what will seem like four minutes.

There's a huge deal being made of movement right now in games, and it makes sense when you think about it. Mobility is really, really good, and for a while you had to choose between mobility or beef/damage, but since so many champions give both now, it's just amazing. Very few champs fit in that don't have some way to navigate the map faster. Ashe is a good example (she's still taken a lot), Darius is a good counter-example (he is not taken a lot).

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 7:58pm (PST)
Omg: ASHE IS SOOOO SLOW!!! In turn: 1.5-2.0 slows per second make them slower than ashe: hence the reason she is still usable.

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 1:06am (PST)

If she's anything like Akali, which you folks seem to think she is, maybe I will enjoy her. :3 Akali is one of the few solotops, along with Heim and Nidalee that I can use effectively. Sadly they are all commonly and easily countered. /sigh

Author:   GhostMember
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 1:30am (PST)
quote Chaosfire
quote BluAnimal
quote Lorx
there's a guy in an airplane that can't outrun somebody with swords duct taped to his shoes, and also by somebody who sets himself on fire to damage people around him.

Calling to realism seems kind of silly at this point.
Wait.

1. Corki
2. ???
3. Udyr?
Mundo sets him self on fire. Hence the name, burning agony.

Pic related, the icon for burning agony.
Also yi is the one with swords taped to his feet,
Second fun fact, gragas runs faster than corki too.
Edit: Udyr doesn't set himself on fire. Leave him alone.

I wonder if Diana will actually be that good of a jungler. Riot said that sejauni was a good jungler, and she can barely make it past the firsr clear without dieing.
My Sejuani's well ready to gank with more than half her health after getting double buffs with only armor yellows and 0/21/9 masteries. And I don't even get a leash most of the time I jungle with her. She's perfectly fine.

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 9:42am (PST)
quote GhostMember
quote Chaosfire
quote BluAnimal
quote Lorx
there's a guy in an airplane that can't outrun somebody with swords duct taped to his shoes, and also by somebody who sets himself on fire to damage people around him.

Wait.

1. Corki
2. ???
3. Udyr?

I wonder if Diana will actually be that good of a jungler. Riot said that sejauni was a good jungler, and she can barely make it past the firsr clear without dieing.
My Sejuani's well ready to gank with more than half her health after getting double buffs with only armor yellows and 0/21/9 masteries. And I don't even get a leash most of the time I jungle with her. She's perfectly fine.
I don't believe you. I've been running armor seals since I've started jungling, and sejauni seems awful in terms of sustain and clear speed to me. Her ganking is good, but she can't really get there.
I ran 0/21/9 as well. What's the X factor here.

Author:   RazeHell
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 11:42am (PST)
Well, Diana is out on the PBE, and on going by first impressions, she's painfully op.

Her Q and W are really strong.
Her Q deals a huge amount of damage in a massive AoE. It can pretty much clear caster minions at level nine and up.
And her W creates a very long lasting shield that also deals damage. Not only that, but the shield refreshes itself if it deals damage to enemies.

Her E is a an AoE hard cc that will *bleep* over all channel champions.

If she isn't nerfed by the time she goes live, she is going to dominate the game worse than Darius ever could.

I know I said Zyra was strong, but she's balanced by the lack of mobility or any other methods of escaping focus.
Diana doesn't have anything holding her back. She has the burst and mobility of Akali, with the sturdiness and cc of Sion. Those two traits combined make a broken champion.

Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)

As soon as I read her shield ability, I figured she was more like SIon than Akali tbh, ty RH for comfirming. d:

But that's fine with me, as Sion is another champion I enjoy playing, well, enjoyed, as I played him free week. Might buy him though. I should go patch PBE and try this girl out...

Author:   GhostMember
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 11:47pm (PST)
quote Chaosfire
quote GhostMember
quote Chaosfire
quote BluAnimal
quote Lorx

Wait.

1. Corki
2. ???
3. Udyr?

I don't believe you. I've been running armor seals since I've started jungling, and sejauni seems awful in terms of sustain and clear speed to me. Her ganking is good, but she can't really get there.
5 points invested in Tough Skin, Bladed Armor, Indomitable, and starting with Cloth Armor and 5 health pots.

Regrowth Pendant or Boots don't work with her unless she gets a leash. Make sure to hit every Wolf with an autoattack to get bonus damage from W if you start near Blue.

EDIT: And don't try to clear the double Golem camp on your first clear. That's all the things I can think of that people might do that will make Sej's first clear more difficult.

That being said, apparently Diana's W is really good at keeping her alive in the jungle, being an aoe damage skill and giving her a shield.

Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 7:34am (PST)

I played Diana last night, and I have to say, I really like her and will probably end up buying her, she just feels very fun and good. This is however, coming from a player who, at one point, mained Akali and loved her to death. With their VERY similar playstyles, it's understandable though.

I do feel like she is a solotop with the OPTION to jungle. I don't think she is a jungler predominately, but this is just from my friend jungling with her, as I have yet to try. He said her clear times were meh and her ganks were pretty bad.

I build her basically identical to how I build Akali, just for simplicities sake atm.

Boots 3 pots > Hextech Revovler > Mobility boots > Ryali's > Rageblade > Gunblade

I've heard that tanky AP is very popular as well, so maybe something like Sion? Idk, I enjoy playing her because she's similar to Akali and if you guys hadn't made the comparison, there's no way I would have ever even tried her to know. She has promise, but her AP ratios are going to get nerfed on her passive and Q I feel, and if not I will be shocked.

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
quote GhostMember
quote Chaosfire
quote GhostMember
quote Chaosfire
quote BluAnimal
quote Lorx

Wait.

1. Corki
2. ???
3. Udyr?

5 points invested in Tough Skin, Bladed Armor, Indomitable, and starting with Cloth Armor and 5 health pots.

Regrowth Pendant or Boots don't work with her unless she gets a leash. Make sure to hit every Wolf with an autoattack to get bonus damage from W if you start near Blue.

EDIT: And don't try to clear the double Golem camp on your first clear. That's all the things I can think of that people might do that will make Sej's first clear more difficult.

There are seldom cases where I do clear double golems on the first clear. I was actually running regrowth at the time. If you say that she works out with cloth, I'll have to revisit her.

Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 4:23pm (PST)
I only know of like 3 junglers so far that can clear everything in one go: Jax, Udyr, and Mundo.

Going from there, Udyr is the only jungle I know that can clear Blue, steal the enemy Red, then return and clear everything on his side without needing to go back. That's mostly because of his combination of a shield + strong AoE, both of which Diana owns, both in one ability.

I think Diana is going to be a very strong jungle, even after she gets nerfed. Her level six ganks will be legendary.

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 7:23pm (PST)
quote RazeHell
I only know of like 3 junglers so far that can clear everything in one go: Jax, Udyr, and Mundo.

Going from there, Udyr is the only jungle I know that can clear Blue, steal the enemy Red, then return and clear everything on his side without needing to go back. That's mostly because of his combination of a shield + strong AoE, both of which Diana owns, both in one ability.

I think Diana is going to be a very strong jungle, even after she gets nerfed. Her level six ganks will be legendary.
Haha, that Yi you dislike so much, from what I hear, can clear the entire jungle in record time depending on the proc on his Q; but I've never gotten so lucky yet. I do know if you proc that Q on the blue golem, and it's basically taking the enemy red for free, but I've also never gotten the stones to try in a real game.

And you're right about those ganks. Holy shit that ult. And that slow is ridiculous. Run exhaust with that kit and they might as well be standing still. It's stupid to try and fight her because of that shield, too. But-- no one will ever beat Nautilus the Ganking God in ganks, so keep that in mind-- I don't think she's even close to Naut in that department.

Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 8:22pm (PST)
quote WakeCraterWind
But-- no one will ever beat Nautilus the Ganking God in ganks, so keep that in mind-- I don't think she's even close to Naut in that department.
By all accounts Diana should have Naut beat in every aspect after level six.

His post-six ganks require him waste his ult, and then he needs to have a clear path between him and his target after it hits to hit with his Q.
Diana only needs to get in range for her ult, which has a 20 second cooldown at most. While she can't chain CC lik Naut can, she her slow and pull really should be enough, especially with her pure damage potential.

And I don't dislike Yi.

I just don't
think
he's

good.

He's a lot like Tryndamere: really dangerous if he gets fed, but more often than not, you'll see him get shut down and shit upon.

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 9:14pm (PST)
Well, even without his ult, Naut's ganks are pretty damn good, being a pull, slow, and immobilize all in one package, with that ult in case none of that works. If you purposefully missed with his Q then by the time you pop an ult, it should be up again. It looks like Diana doesn't seem to have much in the CC department except for that pull slow, which seems like you're only guaranteeing a kill if they're over-extending, in which case a hell of a lot of champs can do what she does.

What am I missing here? I really should sign up for PBE.

Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 9:22pm (PST)
quote WakeCraterWind
What am I missing here? I really should sign up for PBE.
It's really super simple, probably easier than signing up for the live version of the game.
The only downside is that you have to download like 1.5 gig file for the patcher that I don't remember downloading with the live version.

The cool thing about the PBE is every week that you're active, you get an allowance that you can use to spend on skins and junk.
You get to play test champs before they're officially released, and you can preview all the new skins they're working on.

Two words: Battlecast Cho'gath

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.