Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Karma - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1743148-karma/4.htm

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 12:11am (PST)
Subject:   re: Karma
-------------------------------------------
True I guess. Maybe they're making it so her laning phase isn't a powerful as it was before, but making her late game much more viable because of that? Idk. I just wish they'd release a trial karma on PBE . I wanna see what they're doing, see the entire concept, etc. Not the most patient person >.>

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 12:38am (PST)
Her laning phase isn't worth jack anyway in mid or bot, so I'd imagine they could buff that as well.

This is not the first iteration of changes her rework has been through, could be that this time it's actually going to go through, but no way to know for sure quite yet. Once she's out on PBE it'll most likely be when she's finally on track to getting a live release, rather than the conceptual/early testing work that I guess she's been getting.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 11:43am (PST)
I'm still in a pretty big learning phase with League right now, but I'm loving the shit out of Karma. I don't care if there's better supports, I just can't play them. I have way more fun with Karma than Lux, Taric, Sona, and the rest.

That said, the upcoming rework is interesting. I'm hearing rumours of her Soul Shield not doing damage, which tbh does not excite me, but if they overall buff her it'll be okay.

Author:   captain boo
Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 7:38pm (PST)
quote Ditnopota
I'm still in a pretty big learning phase with League right now, but I'm loving the shit out of Karma. I don't care if there's better supports, I just can't play them. I have way more fun with Karma than Lux, Taric, Sona, and the rest.

That said, the upcoming rework is interesting. I'm hearing rumours of her Soul Shield not doing damage, which tbh does not excite me, but if they overall buff her it'll be okay.
Nope, it still does damage, Guinsoo just confirmed on his twitter that she still has 3 spell burst. Oh, and speaking of twitter from Guinsoo:

quote Guinsoo
I'm feeling frisky, so here's what we're trying with Karma's Mantra Soul Shield: "Stuns in an area around the target, damaging targets and shielding the target based upon how many targets were hit.
Evelynn ult on an ally.

Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 8:55pm (PST)
That's the only part about evelynn I like . Yay .

Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 9:24pm (PST)
quote ShadowCrystallux
Plus a stun.

So excited to be able to play my favourite champ.

Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 10:15pm (PST)
quote captain boo
quote ShadowCrystallux
Plus a stun.

So excited to be able to play my favourite champ.

Wouldn't say she's my favourite, but she's in my top 20 . Janna/Zyra/Katarina/Ahri/Akali are all fighting for #1 spot xD. Chicks are feisty. Btw, my internet died (not a surprise, it's the last day of the month) I might see of you're on over the weekend .

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 5:59am (PST)
No Cassiopeia? I swear she, Vayne and Caitlyn are the only female champions I enjoy. Oh and Leona. But it just disappoints me that most female champions are ADC, Support or Mid. No bruisers besides Shyvana, Ricen, Fiora. Probably missing a bunch, don't correct me.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 7:09am (PST)
quote captain boo
Nope, it still does damage, Guinsoo just confirmed on his twitter that she still has 3 spell burst. Oh, and speaking of twitter from Guinsoo:

That excites me greatly. I'm looking forward to this Karma rework now.

Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 4:11pm (PST)
quote BluAnimal
No Cassiopeia? I swear she, Vayne and Caitlyn are the only female champions I enjoy. Oh and Leona. But it just disappoints me that most female champions are ADC, Support or Mid. No bruisers besides Shyvana, Ricen, Fiora. Probably missing a bunch, don't correct me.
The only champs I play consistently that aren't female are Galio, Ziggs, Taric and Maokai.

But given I main support, that's to be expected.

Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 5:25pm (PST)
quote BluAnimal
No Cassiopeia?
I used to main her. Turns out that I was rushing too much tank and not enough damage, and I can't do the aggressive laning phase all too well with her, because mana becomes a bitch even with her passive. But if I ever see a mordekaiser, I'm 100% going to pick cass. Top lane, mid lane, w/ever, morde is gonna die. She's about my 10th favourite champ. I think the only two males in my top 20 are Ezreal and Vladimir. I have zero male supports, 1 male ad carry, 1 male ap carry that I actually use (Vladimir) and a sprig of male bruisers that I never use. I need to make a list of my top 20. It might end up at 25... Or 30.

Date:   Dec 02, 12 at 11:37am (PST)
I'm going to keep talking because I can.

I've been playing a bit more support Karma recently for one big reason:

Karma is the only support who can actively defend herself while being a threat in terms of damage, harass, and setting up ganks. She is also the only support who can deal enough damage that people are afraid to approach you once they realise you can duel the ADC and leave him terribly wounded, while you walk away with an enormous shield and respectable heal.

>I start with mana crystal+1 sight ward

>My first back is hopefully Catalyst of the Protector and as many wards as I can buy after that. If I'm against a skillshot heavy bot lane vulnerable to kiting(Blitz, Leona, Ezreal etc.), I will buy boots early and finish Catalyst on my second time back.

>Finish Ionian Boots, then get catalyst if it's not finished, and continue with Blasting Wand>RoA asap.

>Everything from here is a mess. Karma has to build so situationally. If I'm against a dangerous adc that I see is competent and could scale well because he is skilled, I dive into Glacial Shroud>Frozen Heart.

>Complete CDR pretty much. So from here I take items that I see fit. With Frozen Heart, my armor into late game is completely fine, and so if I find the enemy mid is a problem, I get a Banshee's Veil. Once those are done, then I focus on AP and MR items, depending on how the game is going.

>Usually, Abyssal Scepter seems to be my go to item. Everything it does is helpful for Karma. If there isn't much AP on my team and I feel the mage isn't terribly dangerous, I usually pick up Rabadon's instead, which gives her and incredible shield and it's passive works with Inner Flame.

During the laning phase, I usually try and shield my adc from damage, harass with throwing my Q every now and then, and save at least one mantra charge at every time unless it's necessary I blow both for myself and my carry to survive. I hold off on warding the river bush until about 2:00 in, when the jungler has a possibility of ganking.

I could keep going, but I'm just going to stop here.

Date:   Dec 02, 12 at 4:24pm (PST)
captain boo I make a point of getting the ad carry to secure the first bush whilst I secure the river bush, meaning I'm a standing ward until 2:05-2:20 . My problem with Karma support is that she lacks any great saves (currently), whether it be an ultimate save or a basic save, a strong shield, heal and speed up is rarely enough for the average ad carry, because they be stupid. Very, stupid. Hence why one is excited to see her get an aoe stun on mantra shield, I still wonder what her other abilities are being worked into though. A knock up on mantra bond ?

Date:   Dec 02, 12 at 11:11pm (PST)
quote ShadowCrystallux
captain boo I make a point of getting the ad carry to secure the first bush whilst I secure the river bush, meaning I'm a standing ward until 2:05-2:20 . My problem with Karma support is that she lacks any great saves (currently), whether it be an ultimate save or a basic save, a strong shield, heal and speed up is rarely enough for the average ad carry, because they be stupid. Very, stupid. Hence why one is excited to see her get an aoe stun on mantra shield, I still wonder what her other abilities are being worked into though. A knock up on mantra bond ?
If I recall correctly, her mantra bond now snares and grants allies bonus armor is what Guinsoo said, but he could've changed it.

Her saving is fine. just make sure to pop Soul Shield first, then Mantra Wave and Mantra Bond. The extra heal and shield mean a lot for your adc, and timing the heal is crucial as well.

Date:   Dec 03, 12 at 12:42am (PST)
captain boo but most ad carries require a literal full disengage or they die. I'm not sure if it's just the carries around my wins number, but they love going into fights they're NEVER going to win. "I can take on their jungle, carry and support, watch this" and promptly after, they rage at the support for not saving their asses. Then they wonder why the enemy ad carry is 3 shotting you, the support. "Noob support fed" my ass. Ah, carries piss me off. Hence why I'm hitting top lane for now. Irelia my baby.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.