Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Akali - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1741172-akali/3.htm

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 2:27am (PST)
Subject:   re: Akali
-------------------------------------------
*bump* well, I'm teaching my friend the wonderful way to akali currently. Teaching him who akali counters/ gets countered by. Am I right in saying akali should own karthus, be average vs lux, and get owned by kassadin? (ignoring junglers and any other influences). Just my experiences have seen this happen to me. Also, do you guys think she's good without triggering her passive early? Because I personally hate playing without the 8% spell vamp, though as petty that may seem. One last thing: your spell orders? I go QWQEQRQE (you get the point) and I know it's unusual to not grab E before W.

Author:   Tashur Astur
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 5:42am (PST)
Akali is strong vs lux and doesn't get countered by kassadin... About her passive, I personally have a runepage set up for akali so I trigger the spellvamp passive at level one but start with 18 ap, with +40(a little more than that) at level 18 so I get the on-hit magic damage passive as level 2. You shouldn't be autoattacking your opponent before level 2 anyway, unless they let you get a free mark proc in.

Most common skilling order is going Q-W-Q-E and then maxing Q>E>W, the reason is the antigank potential that shroud has vs all junglers except for Lee Sin. Speaking of Lee Sin, Lee is the strongest counter to Akali in game.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 6:29am (PST)
quote Tashur Astur
Akali is strong vs lux and doesn't get countered by kassadin... About her passive, I personally have a runepage set up for akali so I trigger the spellvamp passive at level one but start with 18 ap, with +40(a little more than that) at level 18 so I get the on-hit magic damage passive as level 2. You shouldn't be autoattacking your opponent before level 2 anyway, unless they let you get a free mark proc in.

Most common skilling order is going Q-W-Q-E and then maxing Q>E>W, the reason is the antigank potential that shroud has vs all junglers except for Lee Sin. Speaking of Lee Sin, Lee is the strongest counter to Akali in game.
Hm, but a smart lux stays a mile away from akali, as her range allows for that. And kassadin = 2.6 second silence = akali dead. And yeah, where akali goes, lee sin follows, even if she's mid.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 8:35am (PST)
Some widespread opinions

She could probably wreck a Karthus decently well, I'm not sure about Lux. Lux has the advantage of her skillshots being really simple to hit with, and one of them is about the size of your shroud. I personally wouldn't want to lane against one. Also Tartur Ashtur is completely right about Lee Sin, he will destroy Akali completely.

I do QWQE for my start, and then prioritize Q>E>W afterward, fairly sure that's normal.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 8:54am (PST)
ShadowCrystallux
Lux's range isn't that high, if lux tries to E a creep wave Akali can easily get in there and assasinate her. In this case it isn't really about opinion, Akali simply destroys Lux if both players play it right. For Kassadin matchup, you go mercs and bilgewater early instead of revolver(revolver is good if you're not planning on killing kass), and Kassadin doesn't have 2.6sec silence@lvl6

Basically what I'm trying to say is this, Akali doesn't lose to Kassadin even though the chance of getting a kill on kass in lane is slim post level 7

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:24am (PST)
quote Tashur Astur
ShadowCrystallux
Lux's range isn't that high, if lux tries to E a creep wave Akali can easily get in there and assasinate her. In this case it isn't really about opinion, Akali simply destroys Lux if both players play it right. For Kassadin matchup, you go mercs and bilgewater early instead of revolver(revolver is good if you're not planning on killing kass), and Kassadin doesn't have 2.6sec silence@lvl6

Basically what I'm trying to say is this, Akali doesn't lose to Kassadin even though the chance of getting a kill on kass in lane is slim post level 7
It's long enough to leave you down, and farming with the risk of being jumped, silenced and slowed isn't fun. It takes half my health as akali, and I run 21/9/0. Kassadin deals the exact same if not more damage in the same amount of time akali does, with added cc effects, which is why I strongly dislike laning vs him as akali. I've won 1 in 4 lanes vs kassadin, and I only won that lane by 1 kill and 20 cs by 20. The lux thing I've won about 2 in 3 lanes vs her, but a good lux that lands her Q once in a while from almost max range is enough to cause akali a headache. But akali does destroy when she gets in close range, obviously.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:26am (PST)
For Kass's silence, quick-shroud. It's a projectile you can see coming so plant your shroud before it hits you, and then shift to an edge of your shroud so when kass jumps in to finish his combo.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:34am (PST)
^this, and to add on to it, once his silence is down kass has got absolutely nothing on Akali. He dash, she dash, he flash, she dash. As if all this wasn't enough, akali has lane sustain with spellvamp and is manaless.

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:02am (PST)
I've found that pre-6 laning is a pain with Akali mid simply because of the limited range. I laned against a Xerath earlier and after my ult was up I dominated but her Q simply couldn't reach far enough to counter his harass early game. After I had R up, I could easily nuke him down save for if he gets a stun off and escapes...

For Kassadin I've not done mid against but if you're losing your lane get your jungler to gank or like what Lorx suggested.

I run Q>W>E and then max Q followed by E. If your friend doesn't have runes to activate both passives have him build an Ability book, and longsword or pickaxe as soon as possible. I don't remember if she will eventually get both passives but it's imperative just for the free damage.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:18am (PST)
quote DC Sniper
I run Q>W>E and then max Q followed by E. If your friend doesn't have runes to activate both passives have him build an Ability book, and longsword or pickaxe as soon as possible. I don't remember if she will eventually get both passives but it's imperative just for the free damage.
I activate the spell vamp level 1, and bonus magic damage level 3, but I hardly notice it until ~100 AP. My build is currently: boots 3, 2 tomes/1 revolver (depending on how well I'm doing) and 3 more pots. People underestimate the power of pots .

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 5:02am (PST)
The bonus magic damage passive earlygame is only really to let you last hit at tower, it's also very good against melee champions in lane in some situations. Since they made it so your E pops your mark, your harrass in lane should be Q-E not Q-autoattack. Why? Simply to avoid taking creep aggression.

Also, I am unfamiliar with people underestimating the power of potions..? Everybody in my games take a bunch of them Could simply be server differences though.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 5:13pm (PST)
Love love love akali! She can be very vicious if the enemy team lets me snowball. Once I get my ultimate it is normally game over for all of the squishies on the field.

I always build AP and it works great. Is AD better?

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 5:26pm (PST)
To be honest, the only reason you want to run AD on Akali is to get the bonus from Twin Disciplines. Although this doesn't mean you should neglect items with AD like Hextech Gunblade, since the spell vamp and active are both useful.

You want more of an AP oriented hybrid build, something along the lines of:

Hextech Gunblade,
Lich bane,
Rylai's Crystal Scepter,
Rabadon's Deathcap.

Date:   Nov 29, 12 at 5:53pm (PST)
Many Akali players currently will set up their runes and masteries to have both sides of her passive automatically from the start, so you can begin with boots&3 while still having your passive.

As Blu said, it's AP or bust on her, she was meant as a Hybrid but AD just doesn't work out on her.

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Nov 30, 12 at 5:16am (PST)
It's not bad but her sticking to a target without a team bursting/CC'ing her is unlikely. You'd rather just drop all the damage, shroud, repeat, shroud/escape.

To activate the passive I've been using 9 AD marks, 9 AP glyphs, 9 armor seals and 3 AP quints. This starts you at about 25AP and 15AD at level 1, so you'll have easy sustain early.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.