Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Udyr - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1740789-udyr/3.htm

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 12:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Udyr
-------------------------------------------
quote Phoenixmon
Ah! Tiger stance is mainly magic damage. Didn't know that "-_-. No wonder I see so many udyr's get first blood if they top lane (seen it 3 times, 2 of which got first blood).
It's an irelia effect. Udyr's tiger stance scales 150% off of his total AD, and provides a DoT effect onto the first enemy stuck for that amount. The damage is magical, but, all of udyr's stances give a passive effect, and a constant effect. In the case of tiger stance, the active effect is a large burst of attack speed for 6 seconds, and the passive effect is 75% of the active effect's worth of attack speed as long as udyr stays in tiger stance. Ultimately, this attack speed boosts his physical DPS, but the magic damage from the tiger stance DOT scary as well, therefor making him hard to itemize against.

Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 6:49pm (PST)
So with the new items and masteries, Top lane Udyr is stronger then ever. I'm talking about Zephyr, new Swifties, Blade of the Ruined King, Spirit Visage, and Iceborn Gauntlet. These items of course have been seen built on other champions, but they are especially powerful on Udyr because they fix some of his disadvantages, or amplify his strengths. Fpr example, Zephyr is a good source of tenacity, plus movement speed, which is pretty core on a movement speed based bruiser. New swifties reduce slows, along with a mastery. This was Udyr's biggest problem, he couldn't catch anyone, now, it's not as bad. Blade of the Ruined King is a great item for Udyr. He gets a ton of attack speed from his kit between his passive and Tiger Stance, meaning he can proc that %health as much as possible, alongside his already strong lifesteal. Spirit Visage's passive increasing healing is powerful since Udyr has strong innate sustain, not to mention items. 20% CDR isn't too shabby either, the more uptime on an ms boost, shield, and nuke the better, in addition to defensive stats. Iceborn Gauntlet is great, taking two very powerful items on Udyr and combining them, giving him some CC as well. Udyr falls into the niche of champions who are very happy because of Iceborn Gauntlet because he was one of the champions that would find themselves with a Frozen Heart and Trinity Force if money were to permit. All in all, he's not a champion you can blow off anymore, and I'm happy.

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 1:06pm (PST)
We should make a notion for Riot to change his name to Udybear.

I'm sure they're in the process, but we should move it along.

Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 3:16pm (PST)
They're too busy not making Trundle Skins. -Stonewall008

Date:   Mar 22, 13 at 10:30am (PST)
Wohooooooo
No more creep block.

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Mar 22, 13 at 11:59am (PST)
Oh my god those buffs. The dash, the ghost? Incoming flavor of the month. I'm glad to see that the bear might reclaim his jungle. The only bad part of him was the kiting what hopefully this will fix.

Author:   Jimmy007
Date:   Mar 22, 13 at 3:25pm (PST)
What do you think of the new part of the passive? Is the movement speed better or do you prefer the increased armor and mr? ._.

Date:   Mar 23, 13 at 8:35am (PST)
quote Jimmy007
What do you think of the new part of the passive? Is the movement speed better or do you prefer the increased armor and mr? ._.
I'm indifferent. The passive had the potential to give thousands of golds worth of defensive stats, but it wasn't very powerful until you started stacking resistances.

Author:   BluAnimal
Date:   Mar 23, 13 at 3:30pm (PST)
It seems these changes are geared towards making him a much more stronger ganker that's less kitable when he ganks. I feel the Phoenix and Turtle nerfs were really unnecessary though, and now with Tiger's active dealing AD it'll be easier to build against him. In the end he's where he still stands. I wish they hadn't changed Turtle or Tiger.

Over-all in seeing a gank heavy melee champion with less kitability and a slower clear time. His tank potential was increased even further and I see him being an unmovable force like he currently is. Randuin's, Golem Spirit, Runic Balwark, Spirit Visage and a Warmog's.

Author:   Ropnap
Date:   Mar 24, 13 at 10:09am (PST)
Ehh...this conversation is too "complicated" for me to join, but all I know about Udyr is that his jungle clear speed is op, hes immortal, and the fact that he's mentally ill.

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Mar 24, 13 at 3:16pm (PST)
quote BluAnimal
Over-all in seeing a gank heavy melee champion with less kitability and a slower clear time. His tank potential was increased even further and I see him being an unmovable force like he currently is. Randuin's, Golem Spirit, Runic Balwark, Spirit Visage and a Warmog's.
Hm... I don't know about his tanking potential increasing, since he lost his free stats increase. Shouldn't honestly be much of a problem though, since you'll easiely make up for the lost resistances with more murder gold from more successful ganks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.