Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Lux - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1740254-lux/

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
Subject:   Lux
-------------------------------------------
[[we.leagueoflegends:Lux the Lady of Luminosity]]

Ok, earlier today, me and a couple of guys were discussing how lux should be played. We were comparing her to ahri, more specifically. But I'd like to here from you guys play her. Would you go with style Lorx with that glass cannon of fragile young girl with powerful lasers? Would you go style Phoenix and troll them with a slightly more tanky than your average mage build? Or would you build her completely differently?

Author:   Tiger go Meow
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 8:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: Lux
Glass Laser Cannon all the way!

Eventhough slightly tankier Lux - I use ROA, Frozen Heart, Abyssal, Guardian Angel with D. Cap and either Ionian or Sorc Treads; depends on how much I want to laser them in the face. I guess I could go Rylai + RoA for more health but regardless of her health she still dies pretty fast.

AP Glass Cannon is my preferred choice tho. Build up tons of AP and Pen and watch your combo rip out tons of health with Lichbane there to boost those passive hits. I also like the speed of her snare. Still get countered hard in Mid by Ashe and Kass so far...and have some issues with Mal, but not as much as I used to. At least I can dodge his silence.

Over all, I think the combo I go with is.... E (to slow) > Q > A > E (to blow it up) > A > Laser > A

Granted I play Lux and expect to get focused a lot. Had a lot of games where I didn't survive team fights very well, and my team were chicken shits and just ran away while I was being focused. Same happened to me when I played Morg last night. Sacrifice myself for the good of the team just for them to run the opposite way at full health while I stunned them all with R.

Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 8:53am (PST)
I personally use: RoA, Abyssal, Hourglass, Rylai's, Cooldown Shoes and Deathcap. I always get enough AP to give them a headache but also enough tankyness to piss them off . No more 2 second deaths. 5 seconds maybe... But that hourglass is so underused nowadays, but it is so effective on some champions. 100 AP and 50 armor, yes please. I feel that a tanky lux is a happy lux, but oh well. Sometimes I'll substitute Rylais and Lich Bane, depending on how close I am in teamfights. But usually I just own from afar if I ever play lux again. Haven't since she was last f2p and she isn't on my top 3 champs to buy list (galio is top atm).

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 8:56am (PST)
I'd build more utility than anything. There are definitely better mid-laners than her. One being Morgana, who performs more or less the duties as Lux, except slightly more dependent of the gold and can farm better.Lux's combos are no doubt better, but she can't do anything in a teamfight. At least Morgana can stun them all... assuming she lives long enough, where the AD carry just cleans up. But I'm going on about Morgana... Lux to fit a utility bot a lot better than a mid. So really:
>Boots
>Pots and Wards (I should really ward while in mid sometime. :L)
>Kage's
>Slightly tanky with cheap AP.

If I did pick her mid... because Morgana gets banned too often in draft, I would go slightly tanky (only in the HP department). My playstyle with her would revolve around how I play with Morg. Rush RoA, grab a DCap and go for Rylai's or Abyssal late game. Though with Lux's passive, it's only natural I do my best to fit a Lich Bane in there somewhere.

Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 9:04am (PST)
quote MegaBassMan
Lux's combos are no doubt better, but she can't do anything in a teamfight.
Tell that to the team you just snared, slowed and ultimated all five of them. And when that shield absorbs that ignite that your ally just took, then survives, we'll see how good at teamfights she is. Morgana's binding is slow, her ground soil thing is easy to avoid, her dark shield thing is irritating when you're mass ccing someone and her stun is a bitch. Other than her ultimate, I would've actually said that as a team fighter, lux has the advantage.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 9:10am (PST)
quote Phoenixmon
Tell that to the team you just snared, slowed and ultimated all five of them. And when that shield absorbs that ignite that your ally just took, then survives, we'll see how good at teamfights she is. Morgana's binding is slow, her ground soil thing is easy to avoid, her dark shield thing is irritating when you're mass ccing someone and her stun is a bitch. Other than her ultimate, I would've actually said that as a team fighter, lux has the advantage.
Tormented Soil isn't so easy to dodge when you're under heavy CC. Plus, Morg's shield takes CC and magic damage. Lux can't take being focused for too long. At least with Morg, if you're smart... or stupid enough depending on the situation, you can dive in and stun everybody, give a shield to your carry to prevent him/her from getting CCd to hell and Tormented Soil while they all focus someone or stunned. If they're stunned and under tormented soil in a teamfight, it's safe to say they aren't getting out alive. At least 4/5 champions will die if the rest of the team does it's job properly.

Author:   Tiger go Meow
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 9:51am (PST)
Should've just made it a Lux and Morgana thread since both characters are so easy to compare and contrast to one another and talk about both at the same time. On to other bright and beautiful things, however...

I think Tanky Lux loses out to not having enough AP to really pack a punch in team fights and just becomes an annoying character buzzing around the edge of team fights. With enough AP her combo - even half assed - can rip out a large chunk of health. I actually agree with her being one of the more functional characters to use Mejai too. I normally pick up a lot of assists with her and kills. The thing that becomes tough is staying alive.

Like Lorx said in Ahri's thread, landing her skillshots is easier, but they are still more than capable of being doged. However a nifty trick is to get around a mob, throw E behind the enemy and use Q to snare them in it. Just learn to pick up the movement patterns of your opponent to predict what they are going to do. If they hide behind minions of course your day is going to be even more difficult - few people can be scared by ult to run out of the mob and follow them up into a different combo set up.

I think Lux has more options when it comes to putting her skills together to mow down the enemy, and she has more options ot really assist in team fights.

Morg I can see Flash > R > Zhonya being hilarious, however.

Edit:

In a team fight I find it viable with Lux just to herass even in AP build. Throw in a E from the sidelines, blow it up with E then Ult. If I remember it does get a boost from passive...Effectively ripping up a lot of life and possibly setting you up for a multi-kill, or making the enemy team run away from your surviving members. -shrugs-

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 12:05pm (PST)
Lux is one of the Champions as well as Swain and Anivia that I buy RoA instead of Doran Ring's on. They are ones that feel more effective with a bigger base mana pool than just regen.

After RoA and Sorc Shoes, I usually build Rabadon's or Rylai's next, depending on their team comp and if I need to get a bit tankier, or just need more damage early. After buying both of those, I'll pick up an Athene's for an infinite mana pool and max CDR with blue, and then a Void Staff.

Athene's Grail is such a top notch item in all honesty. It's like the replacement for the champions who don't use WoTa, and now in all honesty by more effective after all the nerfs SpellVamp has taken.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 2:26pm (PST)
Problem I have with Rylai on Lux is she doesn't have much to actually proc it. Her snare will root them, making the slow irrelevant, her next damage skill is already a slow, and her ult has a 20s+ cooldown. I'll usually build a RoA on her and then just chug AP and CDR.
Athene's Grail is great, but I wouldn't call it a WotA replacement, since that's still built on pretty much everybody with an excuse to.

Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
Rylai's just continues the slow that her E gives you, and her ult will still help with the slow. I don't play Lux enough to know if there is a better replacement for it, perhaps DFG for more damage or Abyssal for the Resistance and Resistance-Lowering.

I don't see Athene's built on many people who build WoTa's, actually. Swain is probably the only one who wouls use both very effectively.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 7:24pm (PST)
RoA "replaces" it, most champ builds are one or the other, unless it's a very tanky mage.

Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 9:09pm (PST)
Swain still needs RoA I find. He needs a bigger base mana pool than just extra regen from Doran Rings. Catalyst is also invaluable for him in lane after hitting 6. Makes harass so much easier, because even if you take the worse end, you can heal it all back up.

I wouldn't think Lux would need both, for the mana problems, however. Unless she's willing to sacrafice her blues.

Date:   Jun 18, 12 at 1:06am (PST)
Lux is a very adaptable champ. Lorx ok, forget Rylai's, get Athenes instead. The magic resist should help with my tanky-ish build. Limitless mana, nice cooldown reduction, quite high ap, and all the armor and magic resist any champion would envy.

Date:   Jun 18, 12 at 10:03am (PST)
How does Lich Bane fair on her? I never build Lich-Bane on any AP Champ that I play, so it's almost never seen use as my items. However Lux does have a long-ranged auto attack with a proc if they're illuminated, so I'd have to assume even more damage from Lich Bane would be effective.

Also more move speed, which I love.

Author:   Etherlight
Date:   Jun 18, 12 at 10:25am (PST)
It's a good item but I wouldn't prioritize it over items like Deathcap, Void Staff or Athenes imo. It sounds great because of her passive but she can get wrecked by the enemy team if she tries to get in range to AA. Include the fact that her passive doesn't scale from AP, and it's pretty risky to try to AA for Lichbane + small damage from her passive. If you're able to get in range to AA without being focused then Lichbane is pretty good but I would still prefer Deathcap and Void Staff over Lichbane. At the same time, I'm usually never at the point where I can even build a Lichbane after those two items, lol.

Anyone ever tried Support Lux? It's pretty silly.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.