Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: RFS Thread - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1736151-rfs-thread/4.htm

Author:   Fluroclad
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 12:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: RFS Thread
-------------------------------------------
There is nothing I can do about the circles unless I design actual images that's the PHP GD library for you

I'll try the images idea althought I don't know the limitations on image transparency with some of the functions on the GD Library.

This message was edited on 2012-06-27T12:51:27-07:00.

Author:   Archangel
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 12:36pm (PST)
Ahhh, that's unfortunate. Well it's nice nonetheless.

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 8:16pm (PST)
Oh I didn't notice it wasn't a static image.

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 2:18am (PST)
quote Archangel
Ahhh, that's unfortunate. Well it's nice nonetheless.
I changed the coding up a bit and created some images instead for a smoother circle. What do you think now?

Author:   Archangel
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 6:54am (PST)
Looks no different, honestly. But I wouldn't worry too much about it, I still think it's a nice idea.

I actually have the urge to whip up something myself to see if the concept would work - that's if you have no problems with it, of course.

Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 8:30am (PST)
Archangel of course I don't mind it's a community and we should make decisions as a community I only whipped the coding up for one because Phoenixmon asked me to

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 8:47am (PST)
Who wants another header and footer competition? Because last one was a complete and utter flop. We got zero turnouts . So that was the reason I turned to Fluroclad, knowing that he'd be willing to do it. Vote: Header and Footer Competition: Yes or No?

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 9:05am (PST)
Yes.

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 1:37pm (PST)
Phoenixmon can you edit the current champion threads and embed leagueoflegends.neo wiki pages to them in effort to promote the wiki please?

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 4:46pm (PST)
quote Fluroclad
Phoenixmon can you edit the current champion threads and embed leagueoflegends.neo wiki pages to them in effort to promote the wiki please?
I don't know how to. Lorx do you know to?

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 6:20pm (PST)
quote Phoenixmon
quote Fluroclad
I don't know how to. Lorx do you know to?[/div]
How to Embed?

[[we.leagueoflegends:Main_Page]]

Each page on the Neowiki has the code to the right and about halfway down the page. Alternatively, you could just replace the "Main Page" with whatever page you want. The [[w e. leagueoflegends:**]] is necessary, though.

For example, if you want to embed "Alistar the Minotaur, just use:

[[we.leagueoflegends:Alistar the Minotaur]]

to get:

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 6:43pm (PST)
Oh god who named Alistar's page three words.

Edited the Shen thread as an example of wiki-embed in the first post of a champ thread.

Suggestion: Name champion pages on the wiki, only the main name, needing to link/type/anything to "Shen, The Eye of Twilight", rather than to "Shen", is really silly. The descriptive names should probably just be a subtitle or something.

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 7:10pm (PST)
quote Lorx
Suggestion: Name champion pages on the wiki, only the main name, needing to link/type/anything to "Shen, The Eye of Twilight", rather than to "Shen", is really silly. The descriptive names should probably just be a subtitle or something.
Agreed. It could be our first wiki project? I'll try to organise an effort, but I'm likely to only be able to do a couple because I have other responsibilities to the site (Digimon Wiki, This forum ).

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 10:29pm (PST)
Champion pages in general should definitely be a first wiki project, names, general updating, etc. Rather than taking each section of that at once, it may be best to do it champion by champion. A way to coax users into editing it would be rather circular, put them in the first post of champ threads, make them seen. If a page doesn't exist yet, create it when making a champ thread.

The one hurdle to cross with this, would be to first set up a guide around here on how to do this sort of thing. Would need to cover how to make a wiki page, where the template is, how to input information into the template, etc. General Ignorance guide.

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 11:34pm (PST)
Ok, I'll add as many pages to the start of threads now as I can. I'll just copy the code and see if I can remember the extra details on the page (those extra words ). Then we can tackle the names, then we can make a communal effort to give the wiki a bit of content and colour .

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.