Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: RFS Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1736151-rfs-thread/

Author:   Lorx
Date:   May 25, 12 at 2:31pm (PST)
Subject:   RFS Thread
-------------------------------------------
This forum currently has no dedicated moderator, but it does have two lovely section mods and a cat mod, so there's peeps around to help with making changes to the forum. Feel free to request something new you think the forum could use, or give feedback on stuff already here.

Author:   Fluroclad
Date:   May 26, 12 at 8:25am (PST)
Subject:   re: RFS Thread
I think we should have a header and footer competition because just having the League of Legends logo is pretty boring!

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   May 26, 12 at 10:27am (PST)
quote Fluroclad
I think we should have a header and footer competition because just having the League of Legends logo is pretty boring!
This.

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   May 27, 12 at 8:28am (PST)
A header/footer competition would be cool.

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   May 27, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
quote Chaosfire
quote Fluroclad
This.
I'll be on the judge panel ? Pretty good idea though.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   May 27, 12 at 4:38pm (PST)
I also propose we have something similar to a community game night. I already currently play with quite a few players here, but filling up 5 or even 10, for a fun normal or custom game respectively, would also be really nice. You know... If we could get 10 people.

Date:   May 27, 12 at 8:51pm (PST)
Both ideas are amazing. I'll go ahead and get started on a Header/Footer competition post thing if nobody else wishes to. For a game night, what kinds of days/times are you guys thinking about? Primetime EST (~6pm ish) could work out well to sync up the NA zones, but I'm not entirely sure where everybody here is from (timezone-wise).

Date:   May 28, 12 at 8:41am (PST)
Lorx I have a sample copy of the header and footer post back when I use to mod the Modern Warfare 3 forum, would you like me to send you a PM with it on?

What is the difference in hours for EST => GMT, seeing as I live in England but have an account on US servers

Date:   May 28, 12 at 9:05am (PST)
EST is -5 if I'm not mistaken. It's either that or -4 & -5, depending on Daylight savings. PST is around -8, it's always 3 hours off EST.

If you want to PM it be my guest, I was planning on shuffling around past competitions to get some inspiration/ideas in the next day or two. I actually had a question for you Fluroclad, is there a template for champion pages on the wiki somewhere?

Date:   May 28, 12 at 9:58am (PST)
Lorx yes there is. The champion template has lots of code so if you wanted to decipher how it works it will take a long time

here is the template

Date:   May 30, 12 at 8:26am (PST)
Just a heads up, bit of a delay on the H/F contest as something's come up that I need to attend to irl. It will be up by tomorrow night.

Since summer is approaching, do we want to look at weekdays for a gamenight, or weekends? I'd assume at least some people like going out on the weekends, and most areas won't have much school the next few months.

Date:   May 30, 12 at 8:48am (PST)
Would it be possible to start game nights a little earlier because I live in the UK

Date:   May 31, 12 at 5:26pm (PST)
H/F contest is up.

I'm cool with early too, because I nightshift. Would 2pm PST / 5pm EST / 10PM GMT -ish work for people?

Though I suppose we'd need a day first.

Tagging some people for input, since they lurk if anything: Storm Crusad3r

Author:   Inuyasha
Date:   May 31, 12 at 5:30pm (PST)
Game night/evening is a great idea. Now's a good time for me to go post my Summoner name in the Introduction Thread

Author:   Crusad3r
Date:   May 31, 12 at 8:26pm (PST)
2pm PST = 7am AEST. No to the freaking way xD

Sounds good though, I'd be up for it if there was one for my time zone.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.