Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Off-topic General Discussion I - CAW CAW CAW CAW - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1734365-off-topic-general-discussion-caw-caw-caw-caw/7.htm

Author:   Lorx
Date:   May 26, 12 at 4:29am (PST)
Subject:   re: Off-topic General Discussion I - CAW CAW CAW CAW
-------------------------------------------
So many things to respond to!

deeplove a wind powered moose

Varus is AD, see how the red AD bar is ridiculously high, and his "Q" skills scales off AD? Those are big signs of "play this man AD". Also, the "carry" tag is AD characters only. Some of them can be played AP (see: Ezreal), but not to as great of an effect. They are generally very squishy with their common builds, but make up for it with a lot of damage. Also, if you go into a game as Varus, his recommended item list in the shop should all be pure AD stuff.
Also, if you have questions about any specific champion, asking around is always a good idea. There's been at least three threads here recently where people asked what somebody does. Some champs are very specific, or not very blatant, in how they work. Some of us have played so many games where we just know this stuff off the top of our heads, and are more than willing to help. Never be shy to make a new thread, even added in a "champ" prefix tag for threads recently, for people making threads about specific people. (Reminds me, I need to go through the forum and tag all the old threads, so we don't get duplicates ;-; )

I read a chunk of Gintama as a kid (subscribed to Shonen Jump for something like four years), and the voices just throw me out of the show every time I get into it. I may try out the dubbed version and watch it like I did Shin-chan.
Cowboy Bebop is awesome.
Black Lagoon is...I guess you could call it somewhat similar. But really if you want something like Cowboy Bebop, you should try Outlaw Star. Though since you watched Toonami, I can guess you probably already have. BL is a lot more dark, but does focus in a western environment. Great watch if you don't mind what is effectively an R rating show. Blood, killing, russian mafia, a chainsaw, etc. So yeah, if you like the more violent stuff, and are of an older age, it's great. I've watched it through like twice.
TTGL was awesome, PSG is amazing and I'm sad that it's impossible for it to get a second season.

toon is a term that first started getting popular back in WoW I think, it's a general use word now for "character you control", but usually in the more MMO-type setup, where you have full customization options and play in a more RPG-centered environment.
It'd be less confusing to read probably Deeplove if you called them champions/champs, something like that. Those kinds of terms are what the MOBA community is used to.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   May 26, 12 at 5:47am (PST)
Thanks Lorx. I've never seen that site you linked so I'll go read up on that. WPM, I honestly do apologize about last night. Being late and all I posted up crap I shouldn't have. It was not intended to insult you or get into any arguments. I appreciate your help though WPM.

The whole "toon" thing I do have to admit is something I need to start phasing out. LOL. WoW has engraved that in my brain. I'll make sure to post up "Champs" more often now. One of those "hard habits" to break.

Last night playing, I noticed Summoner's Rift looking darker and better. Did they change something in the game? I already run my game on max, but something looked real different. I also noticed and correct me if I'm wrong, the numbers a little bigger when they would pop up. Was I that drunk?!?

Date:   May 26, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
They altered the UI and Summoner's Rift in the last patch. It looks different now, and is better optimized. So if you weren't already on max settings and weren't hurting for fps, you should be able to set everything a little higher.

Good websites:
The wiki I already linked, good information dump
Leaguecraft, more information dump, has some guides (some good some bad) and calculators or whatever
Mobafire, builds builds builds. Not all of them actually good. (there are like eight billion sites that do this exact function, I personally use none of them, but MOBAFire seems to be the common one that others like)
Riot's official forum for announcements, aka patch notes.

Author:   Archangel
Date:   May 28, 12 at 10:39am (PST)
Yeah, I don't post here much Lorx. I don't post on the site much in general though. I just don't have much to say, and I don't think I'm good enough to offer much advice. I mean, I just ventured into ranked this weekend, and while it's going pretty well at the moment, I'm scared to see where I will actually end up in terms of elo. I'm sure I think I'm higher than I really am, but I dunno, I guess we'll see once I hit 50 or 100 games.

Date:   May 28, 12 at 6:46pm (PST)
quote Archangel
Yeah, I don't post here much Lorx. I don't post on the site much in general though. I just don't have much to say, and I don't think I'm good enough to offer much advice. I mean, I just ventured into ranked this weekend, and while it's going pretty well at the moment, I'm scared to see where I will actually end up in terms of elo. I'm sure I think I'm higher than I really am, but I dunno, I guess we'll see once I hit 50 or 100 games.
That you can enter ranked to begin with means you are more experienced than many of the people here! o:

Date:   May 28, 12 at 7:36pm (PST)
Eh, I'd like to think that I know a decent amount... But really most of that comes from constantly watching streams, although watching and knowing is much different than playing and executing. @_@

Date:   May 29, 12 at 1:12am (PST)
I barely watch any streams, mostly just play...a lot. Always feels awkward watching a stream, when I know I could just...play.

Author:   flobbadob
Date:   May 29, 12 at 1:57am (PST)
I find myself watching streams for fun. I mean, playing LoL is fun, but if i only have say, 1 person online and everyone else is in game. Then id rather watch a stream for a bit till more people come online. Unless of course the one person online will duo with me. (gotta raise that 1177 elo).

Author:   A Wind Powered Moose
Date:   May 29, 12 at 2:19am (PST)
I actually watch more streams than I play, to be honest.

Sometimes I want to avoid the mad. I'm always mad when I play soloqueue ranked.
Sometimes I have shit to do and just pop out a window to watch while I type reports.
Sometimes I just really want to follow it like a normal sport when e-sports are on.
Sometimes I play drinking games with friends based on how much Hotshot will feed tonight.

There are just lots of times when I'd just rather watch a stream than play.

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   May 29, 12 at 4:10am (PST)
Meh, I'm one of those people who don't feel the point in watching things when you could be playing them . I have plenty of bad games and plenty of good games to keep me satisfied. And the ragers/trollers actually amuse me at how immature they are. Especially when you have sophisticated language on your side .

Author:   Inuyasha19
Date:   May 29, 12 at 5:13am (PST)
I like watching streams because I like to see Pros rage or make people rage, especially when they play smurf accounts. But I'd have to admit that with what little time I have, I don't watch much. I spend more of my time playing.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   May 29, 12 at 5:30am (PST)
I enjoy watching streams if someone's using a champion I main. That way, I get a better understanding of how that champion is used. Versatility is always useful, imo.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   May 29, 12 at 9:25am (PST)
Why do people cry so much on unranked? OMG I've never had a string of whiners in any game. Like, it's the most annoying thing ever. People cry so much and complain. And oh...they measure their skills with all the kills they have. Yeah, 11-16 but everyone else has a bunch of assists.

I had a dude tell me he was going to get me perma banned.

I LOLed so hard that my beer came out my nose. Ask me if I give a flying *bleep* that they perma ban me. And a perma ban because our team sucked. LOL!!!

Date:   May 29, 12 at 12:23pm (PST)
I would say I watch streams more than I play too. Generally I will have a stream on as I'm playing. I just feel like I learn so much from some of them and it's really nice to hear those little tid bits of information that you normally wouldn't find on guides or think of on your own. Seeing how other people handle certain situations has definitely helped me out as a player and getting information on why so-and-so is build such-and-such has improved my knowledge of countering and 'getting back into the game' when/if I feed first blood or am getting camped.

For those of you who do watch streams, who do you tend to watch?

Myself, I always go down a list of who I want to watch: Salce, Oddone, Dyrus, Saintviscious, Chaox, Nhat Nguyen, then a jumble of EU players depending on who's on, like, Wickd, Alex Ich, Snoopeh, Guardsman Bob, etc.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   May 29, 12 at 2:13pm (PST)
I don't really follow anyone in specific, though I find myself watching HotshotGG occasionally.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.