Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Off-topic General Discussion I - CAW CAW CAW CAW - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1734365-off-topic-general-discussion-caw-caw-caw-caw/

Author:   Lorx
Date:   May 15, 12 at 4:46pm (PST)
Subject:   Off-topic General Discussion I - CAW CAW CAW CAW
-------------------------------------------
We are long overdue for one of these. So, here it is.

Tiger Go Meow how much does Skullgirls cost & is it available on PSN? Not many game stores around here are any...good. Went to three last week and none of them had Disgaea 4.

Author:   Tiger go Meow
Date:   May 15, 12 at 5:10pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Off-topic General Discussion I - CAW CAW CAW CAW
quote Lorx
Tiger Go Meow how much does Skullgirls cost & is it available on PSN? Not many game stores around here are any...good. Went to three last week and none of them had Disgaea 4.
Approximately $15 from XBL and PSN. It will be on the Steam network (I think) later this year, but there's no definitive date yet. However they really did good so even the eight character roster will see a nice increase since they met over their expected mark.

:3

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   May 15, 12 at 5:45pm (PST)
Wait, wait, wait. Lorx has a PS3? How did I not know this? You gotta add me some time. o:

Date:   May 15, 12 at 5:53pm (PST)
Yeah it'll be out on PC later this year, most likely Steam.

I've had a PS3 for a little under a year, and this is everything I have for it: With one friend, Lovedove.

You can tell just how much I actually use it for it's intended purpose. Most of it's uptime has been me streaming videos through my PC, watched like half a season of Adventure Time last night.

Would probably have more stuff if PSN liked my credit card. Keeps throwing it back to me as invalid, so I have to drive out to the store and get PSN cards to buy games/DLC. I'll try and figure out what my PSN ID thing is and post it, so you can add me.

Date:   May 15, 12 at 7:41pm (PST)
I has that Disgaea 4, but I haven't been playing it.

Lots of time I need to play it is spent waiting for my mother to get off netflix...

By the way: Does anyone know if it's feasible, or even possible, to set up LoL to use with a Game Pad?

Date:   May 15, 12 at 7:49pm (PST)
You should be able to using Xpadder or whatever program people like these days, the problem would be that you need some kind of accuracy with skills, which is much more mouse-savvy. That half a second extra it takes on a controller will be the difference between a kill or dying half the time.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   May 16, 12 at 4:47am (PST)
How good is Disgaea 4? It's one of the main reasons I bought my PS3.

Date:   May 16, 12 at 5:37am (PST)
I really enjoy it, but I'm a sucker for the series. There's two things Disgaea always does right: D4 hits both marks, since, well, it's Disgaea. I'm not yet too far into the game, haven't unlocked the character world or anything, but it's been a lot of fun so far. Already have a fair chunk of post-game DLC bought and camping out for when I do manage to beat it. One of which is Pleinair, because that's my favorite character design of any video game...more or less ever.

Author:   A Wind Powered Moose
Date:   May 16, 12 at 10:11am (PST)
I need to get around to actually hitting training mode in Skullgirls. When my friends get together to play it, all I do is play as Cerebella because she seems like the cheapest grappler ever.

I've been trying to use my PS3 more, but since I don't use it at all for multiplayer games, shit just collects dust until I get a hankering to play God Hand.

Date:   May 16, 12 at 12:45pm (PST)
I play all my fighting games online with PS3 since that's where the larger community for them is. If I had an Xbox I normally use it for those silly FPS games, which normally involves me being drunk and driving warthogs into bodies of water, off cliffs, or into the middle of a fire fight (effectively killing enemy and team alike).

Btw, is there a proper thread for discussing learning crap? I finally found a Melee character I like (Riven).

Date:   May 16, 12 at 1:09pm (PST)
Nope, just make a thread for whatever character/question you have. I don't believe anybody's asked about Riven yet.

quick tip though: Q > AA > Q > AA > Q

Autoattacking between Q's will proc your passive every time, giving you extra damage over just doing Q>Q>Q>AA and getting the proc once.

Author:   Al The Killer
Date:   May 17, 12 at 4:10am (PST)
Uh, hi. I've been around this forum for a little while, talking in threads every now and then, mostly lurking. I pretty much main support and jungle (thus I get blamed for everything.)

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Tiger Go Meow what Lorx said. And remember that you can pretty much bully your lane because of your mobility and low cooldowns. If you're warded, you can chase really well with your dashs/stun/ult. Basically, as riven you can play aggressively.

Date:   May 17, 12 at 2:28pm (PST)
Supports do get blamed for everything
It's so sad, because it's also generally a very thankless job.

I finally figured out my PSN ID MegaBassMan, Lorxhnop.

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   May 17, 12 at 2:44pm (PST)
I heard diablo 3 got a user metacritic of like 3. Is it a bad game?
Theres tons of hype about it on my facebook and at school.

Date:   May 17, 12 at 5:27pm (PST)
quote Chaosfire
I heard diablo 3 got a user metacritic of like 3. Is it a bad game?
Theres tons of hype about it on my facebook and at school.
That's just hatebombing, ignore it.

The game functions as a game, I mean, it is playable as a form of entertainment even if the servers were terrible for a day, even I know that much and I don't even own it. Even by just that fact, that it generally works, it cannot actually deserve a score of 0/10. So yeah, this is just people being childish.
I'd be willing to bet it's a good enough game to deserve at least a 7, even with the battlenet silliness. While Blizzard is not perfect, they've been getting a bit of a rapsheet for certain aspects of their releases (missing LAN being something to note), they do generally make products with a rather outstanding amount of quality.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.