Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: A Few Quick Questions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1728220-few-quick-questions/

Author:   Chimaira
Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 6:08am (PST)
Subject:   A Few Quick Questions
-------------------------------------------
So as some of you may know, I used to be a regular LoL player but in the past year due to work commitments and the like I have only played about 2 games and logging back on I see a lot of changes and new champs. So could somebody answer a few questions for me?:

1) What is Dominion?
2) What champs have drastically been buffed or nerfed?
3) Why do I have over 10,000 IP? I don't recall having that much when I stopped playing.
4) What champion should I spend some of my IP on? Note: I mostly enjoy melee champs and dislike ranged champs.
5) What summoner spells are the most useful?

Thanks in advance!

Author:   RazeHell
Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 6:21am (PST)
Subject:   re: A Few Quick Questions
quote Chimaira
1) What is Dominion?
It's a new game mode in LoL.
Basically, the map has five zones that each team must capture. The team with the most zones in their control will inflict damage to the opponent team's base.
The best comparison I can make is Control Point on TF2.

quote Chimaira
I honestly can't answer this one.
Jax got *bleep*ed over like three different times, but I think he's reached an equilibrium now.
You can always go back and read the patch notes.

quote Chimaira
3) Why do I have over 10,000 IP? I don't recall having that much when I stopped playing.
If you bought Dodge Runes, you probably got a refund when Riot took them out.

quote Chimaira
4) What champion should I spend some of my IP on? Note: I mostly enjoy melee champs and dislike ranged champs.
Riven, Yorick, Blitzcrank, Fiora, Fizz, and Nocturne all come to mind.

quote Chimaira
Flash is by far regarded as the most useful spell.
You can use it to escape, and you can use it to position yourself.
If you prefer melee classes, you might prefer Ghost.

Ignite is also very useful. It deals True damage and reduces healing effects by half.
It's a killer to Mundo and Warwick.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
1) Dominion is another style (duh), except your main goal is to capture 5 points around the map in order to do damage to the enemy nexus.

4) Hm... Master Yi, Shen (tank), Xin Zhao uses a spear, so he gets distance, but is a melee, Fiora. Maybe more, but they come to mind, first.

5) Really depends on who you're playing as. Flash is generally an all around good spell.

Look at me going around talking like I know what I'm saying. I'm still a nub. But I answered what I could. Hope I was helpful in some way. ^^

Edit: Damn, Raze. You work fast.

Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 6:34am (PST)
Thanks for your replies Razehell and MegaBassMan. There doesn't seem to be too many changes made.

quote MegaBassMan
1) Dominion is another style (duh)
I knew that it was a new map but I was too lazy to read up on it, I just wanted short and sweet answers.

Seems as though the IP is for my dodge runes, I assumed as much when I looked through my runes but I couldn't work out which ones were missing.

I'll just have a look through the new champs and then buy the one I like the look of the most. Lol.

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 11:06am (PST)

Dominion is a gamemode based on capturing and defending parts of a sort of country called the crystal scar. I find it to look very good on paper, as it reminds me of the times of medieval feudalism, but nobody seems to like it.
Buffs/Nerfs? I don't know how long you've been gone, but Xin Zhao is not very viable now, Graves isn't what he used to be, Volibear used to be a lot stronger, Irelia (<3) was nerfed quite a bit, and Ryze used to be stronger. Shen got buffed, and so did Olaf and shaco. Only major ones I can think of :/
Edit: Many reworks, jax is totally different now. No more dodge runes, and this is a personal dislike, but udyr and lee sin's passives suck now.
Champions? It all depends on playstyle
Summoner Spells? Flash, Ignite, Exhaust, Clarity, ghost and Heal are the main ones in my opinion.
Clarity for super hungry casters, Heal, somewhat usefull, but I win lanes all the time using it, Ignite is great for finishing off a running champion, and reducing healing, Exhaust is a debuff of damage, and movement speed, great spell, and flash is your get out of jail free card. It allows you to close a gap, and hop walls and such. Ghost is a movement speed buff that lasts a good deal of time. Good for chasing, running, and diving.

Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 11:52am (PST)
quote Chaosfire
I don't know how long you've been gone
Vayne was the last champion that was released before I stopped playing.

quote Chaosfire
Shen got buffed, and so did Olaf and shaco.
Sweet, 3 champions that I used to play. I'm surprised that Shen and Shaco got buffed, they were still quite strong before.

Author:   ssbm freak
Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 12:22pm (PST)
Shaco got horribly nerfed before the buff though.
He has a stronger poke with his Shiv when built AD but his Jack in the Boxes aren't too awesome anymore.
You can still get a buff without a leash but you wont be able to do multiple camps now.

Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 12:43pm (PST)
I don't use leashes anyway. I solo queue a lot and some people just don't help you so I don't rely on them.

I used to do blue first without smite. I'm hoping this is still possible, I'll try it in a bot game.

Author:   ssbm freak
Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
Yeah, starting at your blue then heading to enemy's red still works.
Though I usually got for red first for super fast ganks.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Apr 11, 12 at 1:47pm (PST)
Shen was...horrible, for a long time. He's been uber buffed and then nerfed once or twice, and is now really good.

Too many to name, though since you like melee it'd be good to mention Jax was completely revamped.
In order: Flash > Heal/Ignite/Exhaust > Cleanse. Everything else is either not worth taking or specific to a champion/role (aka Clair for Supports).

Author:   Vapid Soul
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 1:30am (PST)

1) What is Dominion?
Game mode for people who can't last hit.

Most op champs right now are Warwick and Morgana.

Riot is generous.

Wait for Hecarim. He's got a nice gallop.

Flash is still #1. Heal has been buffed so you probably see that more often now.

Author:   emu tamer
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 12:52pm (PST)
Alright well i didnt feel like making a new forum with a question so i will just ask it in here. i wanna purchase a champion right now i play with heimburg or whatever his name is i enjoy the spells and want a similar yet better champion... if that makes sense haha

Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 5:39pm (PST)
HeimerdingerHeimerdonger

There's no champion I can think of that plays exactly like him, but if you like him because he has a "pet" (the turrets): All have things that they can summon/throw around somewhat constantly.

What about Heimer do you like the best?

Author:   emu tamer
Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 6:32pm (PST)
i really like his missles mostly. i just wish he had a better ultimate. i dont use turrets to much though

Date:   Apr 22, 12 at 7:18pm (PST)
Long range targetting is your thing then?

Mage: Xerath
AD Carry: Kog'Maw, Caitlyn

They've got really long ranges as well.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.