Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Any tips on the Silent Realms? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44654/t1705769-any-tips-on-silent-realms/2.htm

Author:   Victory Seeker
Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 5:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Any tips on the Silent Realms?
-------------------------------------------
Who thinks that although the Silent Realms are easily some of the hardest and most terrifying challenges in the entire LoZ universe, they are also- in their own way- rather fun? In all, they are some of the best right-of-passage/ personal growth challenges I have ever seen in LoZ, or in all of the video games I've played for that matter.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Mar 15, 12 at 7:36pm (PST)
I'd say at times they can be hard, but I don't think I'd go as far as to say they're one of the hardest things in LoZ; for the most part they're fairly simple, especially with planning. It's just bad luck that stuffs me up - big time. And there's no doubting they're satisfying to finish.

Author:   Captain Nerditude
Date:   Mar 16, 12 at 12:56pm (PST)
My opinion on Silent Realms: "" I frickin' hated those! I must say that the last was the worst. I had to do literally the whole thing with guardians right at my heels because as soon as I'd get a tear one of those lantern guys would see me. It reminded me too much of the Forsaken Fortress on Wind Waker. Got caught so many times!

Author:   General Guy Fanatic
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 6:06pm (PST)
GGGOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!! I find silent realms to be the scariest things ever. I personally have tryed to calm my nerves by muting the volume and playing a relaxing soundtrack on my radio. (For me, it dosen't work, but try it anyways.)

I'm stuck in Skyloft. My sister finds silent realms fun, but she's terrible at it...

(Now I'm afraid of scilence..., and statues..., and ghost/spirits.)

Author:   Roxas
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 6:13pm (PST)
They certainly give someone a bit of a spook at first impression. Once you get some practice of dodging the lanterns, red water pools, and the other things, they become fairly simple and easier to cope with.

Author:   Sand-ship Sailor
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 6:15pm (PST)
Tips one the Lyranu Dessert silent realm:

1) Collect the tear on the far end of the (as I call) spirit forest before you get the easy one on the wall.

2) Pull the mine cart towards the tear, instead of pushing it which will cause the walking water to appear directly under you.

3) DO NOT COLLECT THE TEAR ON THE END OF THE GHOST FOREST LAST!!! Even when you have the last tear, if the spirit notices you, they can kill you. ( I was almost defeated by this.)

That's all, good luck with your silent realming... So scary...

Author:   Sand-ship Sailor
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 6:45pm (PST)
If somebody answers my question with YES, than buy as many guardian potions as you can carry!!!!!

Check the re How often do you upgrade potions.

Author:   Hell Fire
Date:   Apr 17, 12 at 3:21am (PST)
I was just about to create a thread on these.

I finished the fourth one a minute ago and I don't what I think about them. When you start one, I'm thinking "Ah shit! Not another one!", then I get even more frustrated when I die (which only happened about once per level), but then the feeling of relief after stepping through the circle at the end almost makes it worth it.

I'm glad there's only four.

Date:   Apr 17, 12 at 8:37am (PST)
Since they gave us useful items at the end, I did not mind their frustrating nature too much.

Author:   malakopitoura66
Date:   May 01, 12 at 6:05am (PST)
quote Victory Seeker
Who thinks that although the Silent Realms are easily some of the hardest and most terrifying challenges in the entire LoZ universe, they are also- in their own way- rather fun? In all, they are some of the best right-of-passage/ personal growth challenges I have ever seen in LoZ, or in all of the video games I've played for that matter.
Are you 12?
SS is one of the easiest Zelda games ever,and the Silent Realms among the easiest parts of the game.
:/

Author:   Victory Seeker
Date:   May 01, 12 at 6:11am (PST)
No, I am not twelve. No one can tell me that the Silent Realms are not intimidating. Also, I can only post my opinions on a subject. If you disagree with what I post, so be it. And yes, I will give that with planning, a good player can easily get through the Realms. In any event, I thought the point was to talk about the topic, not about what I post.

Author:   malakopitoura66
Date:   May 01, 12 at 6:59am (PST)
Yeah.well.
Still,they are surprisingly easy.
Just try harder,and you know if you lose the tears you got will be marked in the map?
And you don't need to be that good.

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   May 01, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
quote Roxas
Since they gave us useful items at the end, I did not mind their frustrating nature too much.
The first two gave us useful items. the 3rd was useful once, and the 4th was almost pointless.

Date:   May 01, 12 at 8:35am (PST)
Hey, without the third item, there would be no progressing farther in the storyline. So yes, it can be fully classified into the category of "useful."

Author:   Darkpit
Date:   May 24, 12 at 6:47pm (PST)
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE CHASING ME LEFT LEFT LEFT GOING IN CIRCLES F!!!!!!!K AAAAAAAHHHHHHH SH!T SH!T SH!T NNNNNNOOOOOOO NOOT THE F!!!!!G SAND NNNNNNNOOOOOO MOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE RUUUN LIKE H!!!!!!!!!!!!!L SSSSYYTTTHHHEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DDDDDDOOOOOODDDGGGEEEEE DDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TTTTT

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.