Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Help the Zelda Neo-Wiki! - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44654/t1698138-help-zelda-neo-wiki/5.htm

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 6:15pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Help the Zelda Neo-Wiki!
-------------------------------------------
Nagare, I was looking to add GG news and a spotlight page, then add Stats with the above mentioned in a separate column. Does that warrant the use of a separate column?

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 1:00am (PST)
Nagare, double mentioning you because I really want to add columns into the main page and check out what it looks like after I arrange everything how I'd like. Anyway you can slab on some columns? I'm literally copying the code for 'em from other wikis and it won't. =\ I'm horrible with coding.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 2:25am (PST)
Justin, there you go. Think I got it how you wanted it. Let me know if there are any issues.

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 3:54am (PST)
Nagare, the columns look fine, but I'm looking to add some more things to the main page that require coding that I'm not familiar with. I was planning on switching the sub header with lists of the games/characters. Was also wondering if you could help me with that {{Header}} template. That template looks like it makes things easier, but I can't figure out how to color it to match the other manual headers.

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 3:58am (PST)
Justin, what do you mean by "lists of the games/characters"? You already have a list of games in the header...then you also have characters and games as dropdowns in the NavMenu.

I'm not really sure which Header template you mean, but I could make one just for the one you use on the main page.

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 4:04am (PST)
I typed that out while my laptop was running extremely slowly, sorry. I was a bit vague.

I'm looking to erase the list under the subheader because I think it looks unnattractive and replace it with a list in the column-form like the one Mario Wiki has.

I took the coding off of White Knight Chronicles for the {{Header A, B & C}} and was wondering if you could create one matching the color/details of the headers already on the main page.

Does that make a bit more sense, Nagare?

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 4:09am (PST)
Do you mean this template? I made one that was just the current header being used on the first page. It's right here.

Also, no matter how plain/unattractive your current list is, I think it works better than the Mario one simply because there aren't as many games (at least it doesn't seem like it). But you could set it up like that if you wanted...

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 4:18am (PST)
Thanks!

I just want to make sure the main page looks attractive. At the moment, I don't think it does. There aren't many members giving me feedback, though, so getting the right things down at the moment seems to be up to me alone. If anyone has any feedback as to how the wiki looks, I'd love some feedback.

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 4:28am (PST)
I don't really think its too attractive either, but part of that is the header for me. Too much blue imo and it doesn't really go with anything (other than Skyward Sword).

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 4:34am (PST)
The feedback I did get was to switch the colors to a blue theme to match Skyward Sword (which I've been slowly trying to do...). Dark Arcanine, could we get some feedback as well? I know I keep asking you in particular, but I'd really love some constructive criticism on the wiki. Thanks in advance!

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 4:39am (PST)
justin, you could always hijack the theme I put on the Metroid wiki XD

Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 4:41am (PST)
Anyone else like that color? The blue looks a little dark blue for Zelda and the rest of the wiki, but when I'm done with my Algebra homework I'll test it out and see if I like it. ^^;

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.