Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: On-Topic General Discussion II - Bird Flying - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44654/t1685571-on-topic-general-discussion-ii-bird-flying/

Author:   dogman15
Date:   Sep 25, 11 at 2:44am (PST)
Subject:   General Discussion II - Bird Flying
-------------------------------------------
Same rules as always, anything on topic that is Zelda related and all that.

So, who thinks bird flying in this game is better than sailing in Wind Waker?

(Did I make this thread right? My first time doing it and I don't know)

Author:   Justin
Date:   Sep 25, 11 at 4:09am (PST)
Subject:   re: On-Topic General Discussion II - Bird Flying
This is fine! Title may suggest to newer members that the discussion is limited to bird flying, but I don't think it's too much of a problem.

I hated sailing everywhere, so I'm definitely going to dig this flying. I love birds and/or the sky, so I'm pretty happy. (:

Author:   dogman15
Date:   Sep 25, 11 at 5:17am (PST)
quote Justin
This is fine!
Sweet!

quote Justin
Title may suggest to newer members that the discussion is limited to bird flying,
I thought about that, do you think I should change it? I'll do whatever you tell me.

quote Justin
I hated sailing everywhere, so I'm definitely going to dig this flying. I love birds and/or the sky, so I'm pretty happy. (:
Sailing did get annoying, but then you got the Gail Ballad, I don't know what it's called, so it helped alot. But I definitely think bird riding will be better. The seas were annoying because it took a long time to get places and the enemies were bothersome because you had to stop, take out your boomerang, and attack them. And sometimes it was a whole bunch of them. Bird riding seems to solve both these problems. Also, the 3DS conference footage showed a big midair boss fight. That looks cool.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 25, 11 at 10:38am (PST)
I didn't mind the sailing in Wind Waker at all. Kind of liked it tbh. Bird Riding should be interesting, so we shall see how it goes.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Sep 25, 11 at 1:44pm (PST)
If you've played a game like Freelancer, you don't complain about the travel aspect of any other games, haha. Sadly I've not played Wind Waker, but from the LP I watched I didn't have any issues with the sailing. I think flying around in the sky will keep people's interest better though perhaps. The beacons look to be a very useful feature.

Author:   Griffsports
Date:   Sep 25, 11 at 1:51pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
I didn't mind the sailing in Wind Waker at all. Kind of liked it tbh. Bird Riding should be interesting, so we shall see how it goes.
Very relaxing, so is fishing in the games. I think its good because more people will be intrigued to visit the thread.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Sep 25, 11 at 11:28pm (PST)
Fishing is always something that I've hated. When I'm playing a Video Game I usually want to be able to do something! Sitting there, waiting for a fish to accept bait is something I don't have the patience for!

It may just be me, but my luck with getting fish in this game, Munster Hunter, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, etc. is horrendous!

Author:   canderson
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 2:35am (PST)
^Awesome ava and sig of one of my favorite characters of all time. XD

I didn't enjoy the sailing as much as I thought I would. It wasn't exciting sailing for 3-5 minutes to most locations in the first half of the game.

Things were much better when you received the Windwaker melody that allowed you to warp to different locations.

Author:   ims2golfer
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 2:51am (PST)
Birdflying looks awesome with the type of graphics, i wonder what would happen if you didnt pull out your sail cloth.
I LOATHED sailing,it was soooo boring!

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 10:06am (PST)
I've come to the decision to go into town on Wednesday and pre-order to get the bundle. I checked and they're doing it at my favourite store, so I'll be getting it through them.

Fortunately it won't be available until after the end of this term, otherwise I know it would distract me far too much.

I like the fishing in OoT. Fortunately video games make you wait nowhere near as long as would likely find yourself doing in real life, haha.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 2:09pm (PST)
quote Dark Arcanine

Fortunately it won't be available until after the end of this term, otherwise I know it would distract me far too much.

Can you can spend just one day of your term playing Skyward Sword?
You know you want to get it during your school term.
XD

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 3:16pm (PST)
I'm actually going to go pre-order this game in a bit. Just doing a few things on here and then taking a quick shower. Need to get a new disc for my Dynasty Warriors 7 game(I need my DLC!) and will pre-order this alongside it.

I personally enjoy fishing in some video games. Always loved it in Animal crossing and didn't mind it in Wind Waker or Ocarina of Time.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 3:27pm (PST)
I ordered this game a couple of weeks ago, can't wait for Amazon to ship it to me with my sexy, sexy Wiimote plus.

Author:   Couttsy
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 3:47pm (PST)
when i get back home i'm going to pre order it from eb games, hopefully it isnt to much of a rip off.

Author:   DQ junkee
Date:   Sep 26, 11 at 11:32pm (PST)
im too poor to afford the special bundle. i want my golden wiimote!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.