Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Crackdown demo & first impressions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44488/t1543190-crackdown-demo-first-impressions/

Author:   Curt Connors
Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 10:21am (PST)
Subject:   Crackdown demo & first impressions
-------------------------------------------
quote LIVE
The Crackdown 2 Agency Dispatch Twitter feed is giving away free early access demo codes! To be in with a chance to win, @reply on Twitter (http://twitter.com/) to the CD2Dispatch_UK Twitter account with a reason why you should be accepted for Agency Training by gaining early access to the Crackdown 2 demo. Your message must also include the tag #CD2demo. Winners will be picked at random.

Terms and Conditions

1. This prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Microsoft Corporation and its affiliates, contractors, agents and their families, and anyone else directly or indirectly connected with this prize draw. Entrants must be over 18 years of age at the time of entry and Microsoft reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity.

2. Participants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when entering this prize draw.

3. This prize draw starts at 09:00 BST on 18th June 2010 and will run until 12:00 BST on 19th June 2010 (the “Prize Draw Period”).

4. No purchase is necessary to participate. In order to enter the prize draw, participants must @reply on Twitter (http://twitter.com/) to the CD2Dispatch_UK Twitter account with a reason why they should be accepted for Agency Training by gaining early access to the Crackdown 2 demo. Messages must also include the tag ‘#CD2demo.’

5. Entries can only be made on Twitter (using the tag #CD2demo), and you must allow direct messages to be sent to you by CD2Dispatch_UK in order for Microsoft to notify you if you have won. Nothing in these terms prevents you from subsequently blocking CD2Dispatch_UK from sending you direct messages. Personal data which you provide when you enter the prize draw may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity and by entering the prize draw you consent to this.

6. By submitting your entry you agree that Microsoft may publish, display or use your entry in any medium it sees fit, including publication on www.xbox.com and Xbox LIVE.

7. 200 winners will be selected at random to win the prize. The prize is an early access demo token for Crackdown 2. Demos will be made generally available to all Gold Xbox Live Members on Monday 21 June 2010 and to Silver Xbox Live Members on Monday 28 June 2010.

8. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and Microsoft reserves the right to vary or amend the prize for a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable.

9. The winning entrants will be selected at random. Microsoft's decision as to prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Mine's in

Author:   Shane
Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 10:24am (PST)
Subject:   re: Crackdown demo & first impressions
It's times like these I wish Ireland was part of the UK

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 1:10pm (PST)
Meh, I don't really like playing demos of games I know I'll get.

It just makes me more eager to get the game, which in turn makes it seem longer.

Besides, still trying to decide what to do with my 360 TBh ~_~

Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 2:13pm (PST)
This demo has actual gamerscore associated with it, ten achievements. Haven't heard of that before.

Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 4:45pm (PST)
Double post, but hell yeaaaaaah I got one, downloading now!

Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 6:25pm (PST)
Well, that's pretty cool actually.

Let us know how it goes eh?

If my 360 was functioning, I would have entered (assuming I could, I didn't check the rules for Canadian resident eligibility).

Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 8:19pm (PST)
Well I've only got to play an hour or so (small children next door so I won't be waking them with late night explosions from the TV) so just a few initial thoughts.

Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 11:26pm (PST)
Not too bad sounding.

Do they let your Agility max out faster like they did in the CD1 demo?

Date:   Jun 19, 10 at 10:11am (PST)
All the skills seem to be progressing faster tbh, but again I'm not sure how much of that is simply false memory.

Author:   Highbury Highs
Date:   Jun 21, 10 at 7:25pm (PST)
Just downloaded it, and a 15 minute play around.

It's amazing.

Author:   chaotic
Date:   Jun 21, 10 at 10:40pm (PST)
I'm downloading right now. I thought I was hallucinating or sommat when I saw the demo on the marketplace...

Date:   Jun 22, 10 at 1:11am (PST)
It's a lot of fun. catching those bloody moving renegade orbs can be a pain though

Date:   Jun 22, 10 at 5:24am (PST)
I knew it, the orb chasing is going to be annoying ~_~

Well, hopefully I'll have a new 360 and be done with Blue Dragon by the time this comes out.

Date:   Jun 22, 10 at 10:06am (PST)
Feels great when you catch one though, it's not so much annoying as a steep learning curve. I'm curious to see how things work out in the final game, how many will there be? Oh and also Orb ping (shows up every orb in about 20 feet on your mimimap for a few seconds) is the best innovation ever. Haven't tried catching a driving renegade orb yet since my driving is a weak point

Date:   Jun 22, 10 at 10:34am (PST)
^Post glitch rears its ugly head.

*uses this post to fix it*

Well, being able to ping orbs will certainly be a big boon!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.