Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Monster Hunter in English version? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44423/t1548885-monster-hunter-in-english-version/

Author:   Deception
Date:   Jul 02, 10 at 3:10am (PST)
Subject:   Monster Hunter in English version?
-------------------------------------------
Are the monster Hunter missions in the English version of Peace Walker, and if so, how do you obtain them.

Author:   M_no
Date:   Jul 02, 10 at 4:41am (PST)
Subject:   re: Monster Hunter in English version?
Yes, they are.
First, you'll have to read all off Chico's Briefing Files, them play Main Ops until the Coccon Battle, when Extra Ops 029 will be available; begin the mission and play the Chico's File labeled "Isla del Monstruo", where he will talk about a talking cat, them begin the mission and finish it's objectives, them go to Playa del Alba and walk to the dock to see Trenya and initiate a cutscene.

When you go back to the mission selection screen, the Rathalos battle will be available

Author:   Deception
Date:   Jul 02, 10 at 5:47am (PST)
I'll try that out later. cheers

Author:   The Sleeping Dragon
Date:   Jul 02, 10 at 7:15am (PST)
quote M_no
Yes, they are.
First, you'll have to read all off Chico's Briefing Files, them play Main Ops until the Coccon Battle, when Extra Ops 029 will be available; begin the mission and play the Chico's File labeled "Isla del Monstruo", where he will talk about a talking cat, them begin the mission and finish it's objectives, them go to Playa del Alba and walk to the dock to see Trenya and initiate a cutscene.

When you go back to the mission selection screen, the Rathalos battle will be available
You can just turn around the moment the mission starts and go to the docks, the mission ends that way too.

Author:   FragileZangoose
Date:   Jul 02, 10 at 3:53pm (PST)
You actually don't have to read all the briefing files to unlock it, just the Isla del Monstruo one.

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Jul 03, 10 at 2:26pm (PST)
Here is a link to Neoseeker's cheat section which details exactly how to unlock MH.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/cheats/PSP/metal_gear_solid_peace_walker.html#c81590

Author:   Selby
Date:   Jul 05, 10 at 12:01pm (PST)
I was suprised how easy it was when I did it.

I defeated the Rathalos using the lethal method, Which took a while, but on my second attempt I did it quicker using the non-lethal method and I completed all the other Monster Hunter levels at the first attempt by doing it 'non-lethaly'!

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 12:42am (PST)
Now getting the S rank through Non-Lethal shots and under a time limit of 12 minutes will be your next biggest obstacle to overcome.

Author:   Cruel Angel Thesis
Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 5:32am (PST)
I haven't played MHFU for awhile but it seems that Rathalos moves alot faster in Peacewalker.

Even it's recovery is a helluva faster than in MHFU.

Date:   Jul 06, 10 at 7:33am (PST)
I've actually found it a lot easier than in Monster Hunter, partly because you're shooting with a gun, therefore you don't have to get up close and personal with it, thus getting yourself smacked around in the process. Plus, you're pretty much safe if you just keep running around.

Author:   yourmom
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 6:03pm (PST)
what if it doesnt work?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.