Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Mother Base - General Recruitment and Management - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44423/t1542697-mother-base-general-recruitment-management/2.htm

Author:   finalsight618
Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 8:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Mother Base - General Recruitment and Management
-------------------------------------------
I found a good place for finding a B Rank 5 star chef plus some others of B/C rank which is fairly early on and good for people who haven't unlocked these other missions.

The mission is Extra Ops 060 - Dead Men's Treasure.
Defeat the 5 ghosts by reviving the near death soldiers then Fulton them.

I haven't bothered analysing them as the mission can be rushed through in ~3mins and its easier to bag them all and sort them out later. However i have done is several times and each time I've gotten the B rank cook with the 5* chef skill as well as a mix bag of B's and C's.

Like i said its not the best place to farm recruits but if like me you haven't unlocked the other missions yet (well i have EO.83 but its killing me) its a nice place to give your depts a boost.

------------------

You could also add the "Escape The Torture Chamber" Main Op as the POW which can be got there is A Rank medic/Intel.

I've done it 3 times (trying to get S rank) and each time she has also had the "Channeller" skill which is useful if you waste her A Rank and put her in the your combat pool and use her in missions, as it will show all items and POWs on your map.

Definitely not a good place to farm the POW due to the opening cut scene which has a horrible button mash and also because you will have no weapons/items.

Author:   Arcticmoon
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 6:23pm (PST)
Hi, i'm not a member her or anything but this guide was really useful and wanted to help. For the HD collection Peace walker, I believe the equivalent of walking around to get more soldiers is to play online against players from different locations then try the recruitment search.

Author:   Selby
Date:   Mar 08, 12 at 2:01am (PST)
When I read that it wasn't possible to get S-Rank combat soldiers, I was curious and checked my old PSP file and found one. However, his perks weren't as good as those of the soldier I am currently using.

My current soldier has Chaneller, Pro Wrestler and Engineering.

Anyway, does anybody know of a way that I could get my best soldiers from my PSP data file on to my current HD Collection file?

Author:   Laserawesome
Date:   Apr 04, 12 at 4:52pm (PST)
[Extra Ops] 50 - Perfect Stealth (1 S-Rank Medical, 1 A-Rank RnD, various B-Rank soldiers)
There are quite a few B-Rank soldiers in this mission that scrub up very nicely into A- and S-Ranked soldiers, but for brevity's sake I'll focus on the higher ranked soldiers.

In this post it mentions scrubbing up soldiers to raise their rank. Is it actually possible to raise the rank of a soldier after you've recruited them? If I put a soldier into the combat section I know their GMP raises but does their rank raise?

Author:   MGSP
Date:   May 11, 12 at 2:22am (PST)
Torture chamber 1 prisoner with a rank S or A i think

Rank S/A Torture chamber if you go to a room with buttons u can press open door go outside then just go right then forward press triangle when prompted to open door

This message was merged with other messages by Dynamite (moderator)

Author:   Brendan Seiber
Date:   May 12, 12 at 6:33pm (PST)
Extra ops 26 Eliminate enemy soldiers has S-rank medical Pow and a few B-rank soldiers.

Author:   S rank RnD
Date:   Jun 17, 12 at 4:59am (PST)
Any way to get an S ranked RnD. I've heard it's possible, but didn't found one.

Author:   JCTAGGER
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 4:56am (PST)
I've been playing on the psp since this game came out, and on both of my files I believe I have some S ranked rnd people, but I can't tell you offhand where to find them. I'm pretty sure though that there is a prisoner somewhere that is S ranked for rnd.

Author:   S rank RnD
Date:   Jul 11, 12 at 12:01pm (PST)
Finally i got one. I found out that once morale is high, the stats will go up a little i guess it's already known(i didn't knew about it )

Author:   bmaurer3
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 12:46am (PST)
I am curious in the HD version is there a way to use the passwords to get the "special recruits"?

Author:   Grimdark
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 9:31pm (PST)
quote bmaurer3
I am curious in the HD version is there a way to use the passwords to get the "special recruits"?
Just try it...?

Author:   Krughal
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:48pm (PST)
Hasn't anyone put in Main Ops 09: Infiltrate the Crater Base?

In the cutscene select the truck with license plate 65824. You won't find the nukes, but you'll get a new recruit: Hideo Kojima, with S-rank in both Medical and Intel. Only recruitable once though.

Author:   SGD
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 6:47pm (PST)
quote Krughal
Hasn't anyone put in Main Ops 09: Infiltrate the Crater Base?

In the cutscene select the truck with license plate 65824. You won't find the nukes, but you'll get a new recruit: Hideo Kojima, with S-rank in both Medical and Intel. Only recruitable once though.
I'd put him in, but he's not a farm-able soldier that you can keep getting over and over, so I don't think it fits with the goal of this guide.

Author:   Omri
Date:   Apr 28, 13 at 7:42am (PST)
I found pretty good guys that fits intel/medic/combat unit in extra ops 17..10 of them were perfect for intel unit but sadly i didn't checked their rank...sorry :S
but still...i just 10 excellent unit soldiers!!!

Author:   SugarbearMK2
Date:   May 07, 13 at 4:34pm (PST)
don't know if this has been posted yet but i find this trick helpfull for those hard to reach soldiers, such as snipers and the guards at the coffee plant. you can knock them out easy enough with the MK22 but to fulton them out place a fulton sleep gas mine under them (as close as possible) and shoot the mine with your MK22 to detonate it.. just be out of the blast range yourself or you will be knocked out. not really a danger, just irritating. these hard to reach soldiers are usualy A or S rank of various types. this method is also surprisingly discreet as i did it to a sniper while a guard patrolled nearby and did not even catch his notice.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.