Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Whose footprints are these!? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44423/t1481573-whose-footprints-these/2.htm

Author:   Faust
Date:   Feb 08, 10 at 3:39am (PST)
Subject:   re: Whose footprints are these!?
-------------------------------------------
You're probably on to something there, Xeros. Kudos on that.

Author:   Mantis_
Date:   Feb 08, 10 at 5:29pm (PST)
quote SGD
I can only think of three things that would make 'sense' in the MGS universe to explain these footprints-

1.) It's a boss character, some sort of raptor.

2.) It's a UMA (Unidentified Mysterious Animal, mentioned in MGS3), to be hunted or captured or something. There's been a lot of talk from the development team about the replayability of Peace Walker.

3.) It's some sort of gimmick and nothing will ever come out of it. Like the crop circle in MGS4.

Well as far as an animal boss i dont think that will be it as there has never been any before and seems verry strange, even for MGS lol. But as far as the UMA you speak of, it was the Tsuchinoko which could only be caught in two specific areas of Snake Eater using the mouse trap. The only thing about the Tsuchinoko is it has no feet at all its a snake like creature. I think you are right with numner three tho for sure. Just an easter egg type deal to keep you intrigued and add the creepy mysterious type of feel

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Feb 09, 10 at 9:36am (PST)
I think it'll be just a small quirk. Can you really imagine some of the storyline or gameplay devoted to finding out the origins of something as small as a footprint?

Author:   SGD
Date:   Feb 09, 10 at 1:25pm (PST)
quote Machienzo
I think it'll be just a small quirk. Can you really imagine some of the storyline or gameplay devoted to finding out the origins of something as small as a footprint?
You never know. It could be part of a side-mission, like in Portable Ops you went hunting prisoner soldiers, or equipment in maps that weren't part of the main story at that time. So, UMA-hunting, checking strange reports that'll net you gear, maybe.

Date:   Feb 10, 10 at 10:32am (PST)
It does sound like a neat idea. Some sort of big mystery, and figuring it out give you secret weapons or something. Maybe you'll be able to codec someone and talk them them about the footsteps while actually looking at them (footsteps), which starts up the side-quest.

Author:   KojiroSassaki
Date:   Feb 11, 10 at 5:14pm (PST)
It's the Sorrow!

he's gained the power to control things from beyond!
maybe he's using those powers to control the original
version of the MK2? and is gonna be the big villain in
PW

also MPO, MPW, that just occured to me, maybe it could
be a sign? Gray fox was in MPO as Null, maybe he will be
in MPW as MK2 with Sorrow? he could survive his death in the old
MG games and revive as Ninja due to The Sorrow, I bet MPW explains
how The Sorrow was the real mastermind behind it all, and was the 3rd
persona of Ocelot in MGS4, and thus maybe Rising is a game
based on The Sorrow taking control of Raiden to cause more havoc!

Date:   Feb 12, 10 at 9:15am (PST)
I seriously doubt the Sorrow has anything to do with Peace Walker.

Date:   Feb 12, 10 at 12:16pm (PST)
I have a feeling that Peace Walker will deal mainly with the new cast that we've seen so far, ie Strangelove, Cecile, Amanda, etc. Each Metal Gear game typically has less than a dozen main, central characters to the game. Just look at MPO. Cunningham, Null, Gene, Python and company were the major players in the storyline, with peripheral involvement by characters from MGS3.

Author:   Dantess26
Date:   Feb 12, 10 at 7:25pm (PST)
i'd rather have a few characters that are deeply involved than loads of side-characters with cameo appearances!!!

I hope Null is there, just for novelty. We need to know more about his past. Ocelot may also be involved somewhere. These characters need to come together to create the basis of Outer Heaven, so where better to bring this era of MGS to a close???

I also hope Rising will explain more about Grey-Fox (after all, that image of Raiden with brown eyes... well how is it Raiden? My bet is on it being Grey Fox, and thus some kind of flash-back in Rising may give us the final missing link to Peace Walker? I can't wait!)

I still think those footprints are either a raptor or Metal gear MK.1!

Author:   KojiroSassaki
Date:   Feb 12, 10 at 7:41pm (PST)
Err that was supposed to be funny and ironic guys

c'mon, ocelot's 3rd persona

anyway, surely Fox is in somehow, I mean he was like Big Boss's
right hand man in Outer Heaven, and in MG2 he takes charge of
it and is like the big baddy, so surely he must feature in
the inbetween bit that explains how outer heaven came to be?

also I think that is Raiden in Rising, he just has
those cuz of the Sorrow possesing him

Date:   Feb 13, 10 at 8:37am (PST)
The entire game is meant to orchestrate the single most important aspect of the entire series. The creation of The La Li Lu Le Lo (Whoever can't read the right words here, you've been subjected to their will and are under their control).

This means that it is vital that the founding members all make appearances within the game.

Author:   Uchuuhikoushi
Date:   Feb 14, 10 at 3:24pm (PST)
Hey, do you think it's a duck? If para-medic yapped on about it in MGS3... Para-medic was nicknamed 'Quack' by Zero and in MPO+ her profile says her nickname is 'Quack'. Ducks go 'Quack' and the footprints look like that of a duck's so...

Maybe it's a duck!

But all this evidence is relying on para-medic actually talking about a creature like the one who made the footprints in the first place.

Date:   Feb 15, 10 at 2:11am (PST)
Para-Medic's nickname was Quack cause she wouldn't shut up. I don't understand what that would have to do with the occurrence of such footprints off the coast of Costa Rica. I wonder if we find out her real name though in this game.

Date:   Mar 13, 10 at 7:34am (PST)

This is a cast of a Velociraptor's footprint.

So, those footprints are very, very saurian.

We're talking, bird, reptile, or dinosaur here. And I mean carnivorous, because herbivorous reptiles are either too small to make that size footprints, or have stumpy-toed feet.

Date:   Mar 13, 10 at 8:17am (PST)
I still think it may be just something for aesthetic purposes, like having animals in the game.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.