Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: MGSR will have an online mode - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44371/t1543340-mgsr-have-an-online-mode/2.htm

Author:   The Darkest Shadow
Date:   Dec 13, 11 at 3:26pm (PST)
Subject:   re: MGSR will have an online mode
-------------------------------------------
quote Dantess26
quote The Darkest Shadow
*Sigh*

If it's online mode is anything like MGO's then the gameplay will be solid, unfortunately it's still going to attract the same basic community.

And MGO's community is a disgusting cesspit of filth that I regret ever being a part of. -_-
^ What this guy said It was a real shame to watch the degredation of MGO. A great game, but exploited in so many ways and a growing community of morons.

I enjoyed it while it lasted If Rising manages to have an online mode without having to have Konami ID's and Game ID's and ID's left, right and centre, and just uses a PSN account to play, then it'll be a success

Anyway mini-rant over, back to the point at hand:

If Rising does have multiplayer features, I get the feeling it won't be an MGO3 sort of situation, why would you waste time and resources slapping a multiplayer shooter onto a hack and slash game, it makes no sense. If it does have online features I'm hoping we get to create our own cyborg ninjas, play co-op as well as competitive matches and have multiple match types to go with it. You could have a standard deathmatch where it's blade versus blade, or one where you have to simply outscore your opponent by cutting as many AI controlled NPCs as possible within an allotted time.

If Rising gets a multiplayer mode, it has a chance to be something fresh and new for console gamers. I'll be really disappointed if it just becomes another COD clone.

Edit: Also those screens are pretty obviously fake, the tone and style of Rising has changed almost completely from what we originally saw years ago. Those screenshots are also only using the footage of what we saw those years ago, not any of the new content. Overall the style of it is too dark for the way the game has changed. Not only that but it's no longer a Metal Gear Solid title. It's MG Rising: Revengeance (God I hate that subtitle). If those screenshots were ever real, it's for a version of the game originally built with a different team, tone and game engine.

Author:   Fire Fox
Date:   Dec 16, 11 at 4:41pm (PST)
Quick question: what makes you think Konami opted for their own servers instead of the PSN? Hint: money.

Author:   Dantess26
Date:   Dec 16, 11 at 6:37pm (PST)
quote Fire Fox
Quick question: what makes you think Konami opted for their own servers instead of the PSN? Hint: money.
It was pressure from Konami that forced Kojima productions to use their servers. Hideo said he never wanted all of the complicated login processes and different ID's, but in the end he had to bow to Konami's wishes.

No idea why Konami would want their own servers, but you're probably right. Money is always involved. Although MGO's login process was a long-winded joke, anyone could see that

Author:   The Darkest Shadow
Date:   Dec 17, 11 at 9:51am (PST)
Their servers were terrible as well.

The European servers were apparently located somewhere in the US for 2 years before they switched the location to Ireland apparently.

Of course by then the game had a already degenerated. >_>

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Feb 12, 12 at 8:23am (PST)
Looking quite awesome. I'm actually anticipating this more so than I was at first. It'll just take me a while to adapt to this being MGS, just like it did with MGS4.

Author:   Dantess26
Date:   Mar 13, 12 at 10:28am (PST)
quote Twin_Master
Looking quite awesome. I'm actually anticipating this more so than I was at first. It'll just take me a while to adapt to this being MGS, just like it did with MGS4.
Yeah, I think people have to been open to it. It's got the 'Metal Gear' nametag attached to it, but it's not main-cannon, it's a different studio, it's just an experiment.

Going into it open minded, I can't see why it shouldn't be amongst other successful hack 'n' slashes like God of War and Devil May Cry (especially for us who love being immersed in the Metal Gear universe!)

Author:   UNICO
Date:   Jun 12, 12 at 2:30pm (PST)
I just hope that the multi-player online game is like it was before they shut down mgo. they had that guy with the sword as well as all the normal caracthers with guns. i would hate to just fight with swords. i wont buy the game unless i see you can use guns online.

Author:   Fire Fox
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 11:47pm (PST)
By the way, it is said it will have online features, not necessarily multiplayer online.

Also, this is not Metal Gear Solid, it's Metal Gear Rising. It's in the Metal Gear universe but appealing to different players.

Author:   MISTERX
Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 8:49pm (PST)
Bring back the Cold war era

And Bring back meryl!!

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Jun 30, 12 at 8:40pm (PST)
I have a bad feeling that Online will be a good game but the servers will be a bunch of crap that will make it incredibly hard for me to play due to lack of AUS support.

Author:   Joe45
Date:   Aug 26, 12 at 3:53pm (PST)
Even if it doesn't have an online mode and just multiplayer features i would still buy the game because of the elements that they have used to make this game to be so great

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.