Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: What the HELL!!!? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44371/t1372094-hell/

Author:   Cap_Cool
Date:   Jun 03, 09 at 12:46am (PST)
Subject:   What the HELL!!!?
-------------------------------------------
Hey I find it stupid for Kojima to be making a Metal gear game for the 360!! I feel that the franchise should be only released on the PS3, since a large majority of the franchise was released on the Playstation platform. I mean the very first Metal Gear Game was released for the NES so seeing the remake of Metal Gear Solid for the Gamecube didn't bother me at all. BUt to release the next installment of the franchise to the 360... COME ON!!! Now Kojima is just doin it for the money. I don't know but I am sick and tired of franchises that were supposed to be PLAYSTATION ONLY are making their way on the 360. I am beginning to lose faith in the Playstation altogether. Anyways this is just my opinion of the whole matter. Tell me ur opinion, whether you agree or disagree.

Author:   monkey_ninjas316
Date:   Jun 03, 09 at 5:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: What the HELL!!!?
Your completely right when you say its all about the money. Bigger market, more sales, more money. Even if it isn't purely for the money, a man who is as passionate about video games had Kojima would want his game to be played by all and releasing it on Xbox 360 opens up his audience.

Yes Metal Gear had its first real big success on playstation but there was also Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance on the original Xbox. I actually hate the MGS series to be honest lol.

PS3 still has some good first party titles so I wouldn't loose all faith. Besides, its still coming out on PS3 so don't consider it a loss.

Author:   Cap_Cool
Date:   Jun 03, 09 at 7:47am (PST)
Yeah, but Substance was released AFTER the original release of part 2. If they are gonna have it for the 360 as well then they should port it AFTER it is played by Playstation owners. Idk, i just really don't like the 360. I mean Kojima and Sony both got their big breaks with the Playstation ya know. Like they both grew with each other. And can you name some good PS3 exclusive games that are on the way cuz I cant think of any except God of War 3.

Author:   Mazda
Date:   Jun 03, 09 at 8:11am (PST)
Its all about money, and good on em i say, the PS3 is losing the consol war and if the designer of the game want it to be played then releasing it on both consols is the way to go. I really can't see what your problem is with this.

Author:   Kalekemo
Date:   Jun 03, 09 at 3:18pm (PST)
To his credit, Kojima has talked about wanting to put a Metal Gear game on the 360, so it's not really a surprise

Author:   thom675
Date:   Jun 03, 09 at 4:22pm (PST)
GTFO stop moaning, a game is multi platform, whoc gives a damn?? its not your decision so just get used to it..... *facepalm*

Author:   fatalist
Date:   Jun 03, 09 at 9:34pm (PST)
quote thom675
GTFO stop moaning, a game is multi platform, whoc gives a damn?? its not your decision so just get used to it..... *facepalm*
your right its not our decision on what consoles to make it, but we have the decision to buy it right, now lets say all the PS3 fans boycott MGS Rising, kojima would lose a lot of money even if the 360 sales are great, mostly because a Blu-ray disc costs more than a DVD

Author:   Mishtram
Date:   Jun 04, 09 at 4:31am (PST)
I doubt any form of boycott would be successful, to be honest. PS3 fans will still buy it because they will want to play it and 360 fans will still buy it because they want to play it. That some folks are unhappy with the unfortunate turn of Playstation really is of no matter -- fanboyism or no.

If I were a developer and was making a platform game, I would make sure it was 360 compliant. Successful gaming companies aren't going to just choose to make losses of money -- the gaming industry is actually fairly cut throat. Not going towards the 360 and going multiplatform would have been a massive problem, in my opinion.

Author:   SWOT30
Date:   Jun 05, 09 at 12:21am (PST)
Just stop it
First off Metal Gear was released on the MSX, then got ported over to the NES and you had to fight a computer instead of a Metal Gear. For the many people who think xbox is economically friendlier this is a blessing. I'm one of them. I have played very Metal Gear Solid game other than 4, because I don't have the money to afford the PS3. So Please stop whining and complaining about a title that will most likely be one of the worst of the series seeing how Kojima is spending most of his time with Peace Walker, and seeing how there is little evidence of Big Boss or Solid Snake being in the game.

Author:   DragoniteBallZ
Date:   Jun 05, 09 at 5:43am (PST)
Bottom line. Unless the game is being created by a group own entirely by Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, the game is never guaranteed to be loyal to one console.

Publishers like Epic Games, Take 2, Square Enix, and Konami may have sold a blockbuster title that helped define a console in the past, but they care more about selling more of their games, not helping the console makers sell their console.

Author:   Miss Razz
Date:   Jun 05, 09 at 7:38am (PST)
Tbh, who cares how many consoles MGS: Rising is released on? It's not going to affect me, as a PS3 owner, in any way if the game is released for 360 and PC too. I don't regret buying a PS3 and I still wouldn't regret it if all of my favorite game series go multiplatform.

More fans and money for the company is a good thing, I say!

Author:   Faust
Date:   Jun 05, 09 at 8:15am (PST)
Besides, Kojima isn't even directly working on this game. He's actually said that the true MGS5 would be Peace Walker for the PSP. He seems most focused on the upcoming Castlevania, more than this multiplatform Metal Gear themed action game.

Author:   zeeQue
Date:   Jun 05, 09 at 8:09pm (PST)
Why do PS3 fans need to bitch all the time, GOD.

I owned a PS2 for years, and have played every single MGS game.

He has said he will work on the Big boss side of MGS, whilst the 360 port will not be under his guidance.

Author:   cnc
Date:   Jun 05, 09 at 8:14pm (PST)
Aslong as this game is under Kojima's guidance it should be good and we can breathe easy, it should be something new.

Author:   Faust
Date:   Jun 05, 09 at 8:20pm (PST)
The only thing Kojima seems to be doing with this game, is making sure they don't *bleep* up his lore.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.