Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [PC] Homefront in 3D - Opinions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44320/t1632766-pc-homefront-in-3d-opinions/

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Mar 23, 11 at 6:59pm (PST)
Subject:   [PC] Homefront in 3D - Opinions
-------------------------------------------
Well, I played a part of a mission in 3D (the one where you have to go a bit uphill to destroy one of those tower auto-turrets).

The good:
  • Well, it's not the worst 3D I've seen by far
  • Looking down a sight when aiming via right-click is pretty slick looking
  • Could be good enough to improve accuracy, I think it did with me, anyway

The Bad:
  • The Standard "It's not all quite aligned everywhere"
  • The Standard "Text looks screwy"

So it's quite alright really, though it could be better. Supposedly the game supports it, but not fully? At least, people have reported that it's not so great in multiplayer (shadow flickering issues). It's certainly not as bad as some games though (namely NFS: Hot Pursuit, that was pretty bad).

Author:   zzSilencezz
Date:   Mar 25, 11 at 4:42pm (PST)
Subject:   re: [PC] Homefront in 3D - Opinions
I haven't been on neo for the last couple of days and I come back to see that there is a 3D PC version. Wow what a couple of days makes to the gaming world!

Date:   Mar 30, 11 at 6:23pm (PST)
quote zzsilencezz
I haven't been on neo for the last couple of days and I come back to see that there is a 3D PC version. Wow what a couple of days makes to the gaming world! :D
Actually there are no '3D PC version'. In point of fact, I don't think any PC game has a specific 3D version of a game. It's built into the software whether it works well with 3D vision (or other 3D solutions) or not. Crysis 2, for example, has a whole 3D options menu with a variety of vision solutions.

Rather, it's up to the developer to support 3D vision. In the case of Homefront, I think it was unofficially supported (The developer supported it to some degree, but didn't get it officially classified as a 3D vision title, or it didn't pass muster with NvIDIA or something). Also, with Homefront apparently the 3D support is mainly on Single Player end (I've heard multiplayer in 3D sucks).

Date:   Mar 31, 11 at 8:51am (PST)
Awww right thanks for that. I didn't realise that.

Date:   Mar 31, 11 at 3:48pm (PST)
quote zzsilencezz
Awww right thanks for that. I didn't realise that. :laugh:
Neither did BestBuy Canada, since at one point (and for a good while I might add) they listed Crysis 2 AND Crysis 2 - 3D as separate software.

Date:   Mar 31, 11 at 4:12pm (PST)
You have good knowledge! ;P

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.