Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Are survival mode, mini-games, and puzzle levels worth it? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44227/t1589284-survival-mode-mini-games-puzzle-levels-worth/

Author:   ackmondual
Date:   Oct 28, 10 at 9:45pm (PST)
Subject:   Are survival mode, mini-games, and puzzle levels worth it?
-------------------------------------------
I'm currently hooked on the Iphone OS version. Definitely one of the finer tower defense games out there.

It turns out the PC version is (relatively) much more expensive, but also includes survival mode, mini-games, and puzzle levels. Are they worth another $7? Survival mode makes some of the upgrades make sense, as the twin sunflowers and Gattling Peapod are too expensive to use in Adventure mode. The level ends far too quickly to reap any benefits out of them. I've seen some of the puzzle modes of other Pop Cap Games (such as Bejeweled 2), and they're well done and add enough variety to provide more value for their respective games. I'm guessing mini-games are even more scenarios?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Author:   umoto
Date:   May 13, 11 at 6:10pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Are survival mode, mini-games, and puzzle levels worth it?
survival is actually rather difficult. If you beat adventure mode and want something more challenging, try the PC version for survival mode.
things start simple, then ramp up at a moderate pace. after you clear about 20 flags the bottom drops out and the zombies come at you like a flood.

I managed 26 flags as my best so far.

Author:   thewatermeloncult
Date:   Dec 01, 11 at 11:46pm (PST)
In my opinion the survival/mini games are the best part of the game. I beat adventure in no time and the extra levels are much more challenging.

Author:   ackmondual
Date:   Dec 02, 11 at 4:49am (PST)
Hmm, I never got back to my question.... Long story short, I ended up getting the PC CD-ROM version. Not only that, but since I couldn't get the Steam version working (spent a few days on it, got frustrated despite help from Steam tech support and forums), I ended up going to Best Buyu and getting it for more $$. It did come with a plastic zombie figure, but eh, I'm enough of a fan of the game to justify it.

Survival, Puzzle mode, and Mini-games were a blast! I ended up playing it long enough to get all the achievements and grow my Zen Tree to 300 something ft tall!

FYI to iOS users... they did update PvZ to include Zen Garden (no Zen Tree though), and the following Mini-Games... Zombontony 1, Zombontony 2, the star fruit one, Zombiquarium, Column Like You See Them, the slot machine one, Beghouled, the bob sled one, Invisi-Ghoul, and Portal Combat.

Zen Tree, Puzzle mode, Survival mode, and the rest of the Mini-Games are still missing.

Author:   Ketanx_the_Potato
Date:   Mar 12, 12 at 1:22am (PST)
I have got the gold trophy and just get stuck once in the zombotany.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.