Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Starting team - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1598606-starting-team/

Author:   o Platyy x
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 11:20am (PST)
Subject:   Starting team
-------------------------------------------
Hey guys, just started my adventure on soul silver for the first time, haven't played silver in ages. So... I chose cindaquil as my starter, but I'm stumped on what pokemon to catch to become part of my team and will grow to be strong to beat the elite 4. But this time I want a challenge, I don't want the general pokemon that I usually choose. I have already sort of decided that I want miltank or tauros, but I don't know that either. I want an electric, water, grass and bug/flying ( scyther? Butterfree?) well. Thanks for reading. And sorry for bad speeling and grammar ( typing on iPod without tilt working for some reason).

Author:   Millennium Master
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 9:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Starting team
Just get many Pokemon for the Pokedex as you can and then see who you'd like to use as part of your party for all the battles including the Elite 4.

Author:   secretarabman
Date:   Nov 30, 10 at 11:45pm (PST)
i wud get miltank rather than tauros, scyther, krabby, sandshrew(random pick) and tangela(random pick)
they suck (mostly) but their good for a challenge and something to mix it up a bit

Author:   Acatia
Date:   Dec 01, 10 at 4:05am (PST)
Since I don't think you're gonna put too much competitive sided methods I'd probly go with Tauros instead of Milktank since you're probly not gonna train her on her defences like she should be.

Shoutout for your other types (disregarding pokewalker courses and special blocks at the Safari Zone) for your pre Elite 4 picks

Electric: Ampharos, Magnezone (will require a trade to Sinnoh), Lanturn

Water: Golduck, Poliwrath, Politoed, Tentacruel, Stonedbro and Stonedking (errr Slowbro and Slowking), Dewgong, Cloyster, Kingler, Kingdra, Seaking, Starmie, Gyarados, Lapras, Lanturn, Azumarill, Quagsire, Quilfish, Corsola, Octilery and Mantine......... I know there is just so many freaking water types everywhere

Grass: Vileplume and Bellossom, Victreebel, Parasect, Tangrowth, Jumpluff and Sunflora

Bug/Flying (supposing thats the exact mix you want): Butterfree, Scyther, Ledian, Yanmega

Author:   EiMos
Date:   Dec 02, 10 at 10:39am (PST)
I'm used to training one, Totodile.
That's enough.

I always start to train pokemon after beating Red.

Author:   empoleonfan
Date:   Dec 04, 10 at 5:31am (PST)
First of all I think you should get these pokemon, orcording to your wantings.

Syther
Taurus
Ferrow
Pilowsine
Vaporeon/Espeon

Author:   eevee lover
Date:   Apr 08, 12 at 1:53pm (PST)
hey, i know that this is a little personal but, i think some should start using chikorita as starters. shes not bad AT ALL!. lvl 6 she instantly learns razorleaf. and she the best grass type in the game.(not counting kanto starters and pokemon). for my team i have chikorita-razorleaf, takle,synthesis, and poison powder. zubat,bite,astonish,roost, and supersonic. mareep,takle,growl,thundershock,and thunderwave. and last geodude,takle,defenclecurl,rockthrow,and rockpolish. there not a bad team. especialy zubat.it learns bit quickly. then wingattack.and crosspoison and all of that. my opinion btw. dont be offenced by this if you do sry about that. =)

Author:   fragili
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 5:45am (PST)
quote eevee lover
hey, i know that this is a little personal but, i think some should start using chikorita as starters. shes not bad AT ALL!. lvl 6 she instantly learns razorleaf. and she the best grass type in the game.(not counting kanto starters and pokemon). for my team i have chikorita-razorleaf, takle,synthesis, and poison powder. zubat,bite,astonish,roost, and supersonic. mareep,takle,growl,thundershock,and thunderwave. and last geodude,takle,defenclecurl,rockthrow,and rockpolish. there not a bad team. especialy zubat.it learns bit quickly. then wingattack.and crosspoison and all of that. my opinion btw. dont be offenced by this if you do sry about that. =)
the ones that *bleep* the most have a bigger penis

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 4:29pm (PST)
first of all fragili, im a GIRL! and im only 11. and a good team could be, chikorita- mareep-zubat-geodude-chinchou. though if you dont like geodude theres always garchomp/ onix. and you dont get chinchou until later in the game but use mareep until then. you wont realy need a water type until later on but if you want one theres woper. (which is a pretty good choice since its also a ground type =).) my team is gonna be Meganium, Crobat, steelix/golem(dont know yet)-lanturn- and maybe ninetails. hope this helps =D. and btw............. STUPID FRAGILI IM A GIRL!! IN 6TH GRADE NOT A FREAKIN DUDE!!

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 4:27pm (PST)
And another could be

Murkrow

cyndaquil

onix

roselia

magikarp-(lvl 20 it evolves into a gyarados)

riolu

murkrow would be honchcrow.-flying/dark.

cyndaquil becomes typhlosion-fire

onic becomes steelix-rock/steel. or you can use geodude which becomes golem-rock/ground

roselia becomes roserade-grass/poison.

magikarp is useless until lvl 20. it becomes gyarados-water/flying.

riolu becomes lucario-fight/steel.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 4:29pm (PST)
quote fragili
[quote=eevee lover|message:32928908]hey, i know that this is a little personal but, i think some should start using chikorita as starters. shes not bad AT ALL!. lvl 6 she instantly learns razorleaf. and she the best grass type in the game.(not counting kanto starters and pokemon). for my team i have chikorita-razorleaf, takle,synthesis, and poison powder. zubat,bite,astonish,roost, and supersonic. mareep,takle,growl,thundershock,and thunderwave. and last geodude,takle,defenclecurl,rockthrow,and rockpolish. there not a bad team. especialy zubat.it learns bit quickly. then wingattack.and crosspoison and all of that. my opinion btw. dont be offenced by this if you do sry about that. =)

Author:   pokemon girl fan 6
Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 4:28am (PST)
eevee lover, quit complaning for 1. and btw the person asked for a challenge not a good team. so you misunderstood the whole point. and fragili, dont say anything that bad about her. like she said, shes only little. and a good challenge would be doing mostly normal types. since they can learn just about any type od moves. just beware when u do this you might run into fighting types. so be careful of that. hope this helps any at al! =D

Author:   pokeprincess101
Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 10:02am (PST)
doing mostly normal types isa good idea but the e-4 has a fighting type user. s idk about that idea. but into the question i would say the best team would be:

your starter

a flying type-(pidgey is ok and theres zubat and hoothoot)

a grass type-(theres chikorita a starter but besides that-bellsprout)

a fire type-(cyndaquil is the starter- and i dont think theres anymore fire's out there)

water type-( tododile_chinchou-horsea-goldeen-magikarp- and a ton more)

a electric type-(mareep-chinchou-and i think that it)

and normal type-(ferret-ziggzagoon- and more)

theres alot of choises out there. normals can learn any move. so hope this helps! =D

Author:   Tales of Advent Love
Date:   Nov 21, 12 at 9:16am (PST)
Mine would be the water starter, Totodile because my friend says that it can beat all of the first gyms and has the move Ice Fang for the 8th gym and Champion who uses Dragon type Pokemon. It learns this move at Level 21 I think.

Your starter: (Hopefully Totodile)
A good flying type: (Hoothoot in the far run is a lot better that Pidgey or Spearow)
A good ghost type: (All you can catch really at the beginning is Gastly but, it does become a powerful Haunter)
A electric type: (Voltorb and Magnemite are the only electric type pokemon you can catch later on but, one has massive speed and the other defense which pratically resists everything but Ground, Fire, and Fighting.)
Another water type: (I'd say Gyarados although it's form is crappy, it evolves at Level 20 into a awesome pokemon)
A fighting type: (Machop is the only one at the beginning moment but, trade and get Machamo once it evolves into Machoke)
A normal type: (Normal pokemon pratically is everything you see in the first part of the game so get Rattata to get Raticate.)

Author:   Phi
Date:   Nov 24, 12 at 4:32pm (PST)
    Why would someone need two Water types? It's a waste of space.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.