Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Create Your Own Pokémon and Send It To Your DS - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1526275-create-your-own-pok-mon-send-to-your-ds/

Author:   Ready Start L_Arc
Date:   May 12, 10 at 12:05am (PST)
Subject:   Create Your Own Pokémon and Send It To Your DS
-------------------------------------------
First off I want to say that ANYONE can do this. All you need is...

Index

Making your Pokémon [PKM1] Sending Your Pokemon to your Nintendo DS [PKM2]

Everything (not really) Pokesav [PKM3]

*Note: To easily find something in this wall of text and pictures simply press ctrl+f and type in the "code" next to every subcategory in the index

Making Your Pokémon
[PKM1]
There are 3 ways you can make/obtain your Pokémon. The first of which, which also happens to be my favourite, is to use a Windows program called PKMDS Pokémon Generator. The second method is to use Pokésav. This method can be rather messy but I'll get into that eventually. And the third method, which to some will be the easiest way, is to simply download them from the Pokémon Database.

A snapshot of what the Pokémon Generator Looks like

Making your Pokémon with Pokémon Generator
[PKM1-1]

Today, we'll be making a Sunkern. Yes, a Sunkern. No, I didn't randomly choose a Pokémon, I just want a Sunkern, okay! :< Jeez. Anyways, you'll be seeing a lot of Sunkern in this tutorial so get used to it.
So without futher ado, would you kindly click on PKMDS Pokémon Generator by Codemonkey85.exe. After you've done that go ahead and click the "Next" button and a new window will show up in about 4 seconds. It will look like the picture shown above. Everything at this point should be self explanatory. Make sure that you select your Original Country correctly because the default is Japan. Change it's level or else it will be level 1. You can also change what ball it will be in. Unfortunately, the option to change it's Original Game to HGSS isn't there, but you can change that in Pokésav. After you're done editing that page click Next. You'll be taken to the Trainer section, which again, should be self-explanatory. Click next again and you'll be at the Pokémon selection section.

There are a lot of Pokémon to browse through, and they're all in numerical order. You can actually type inside of the box to find your Pokémon much easier. Choose it's gender and click next to proceed to the Moves section.

There are even more moves than there are Pokémon. I have yet to see every single move in the newer Pokémon games (I stopped playing Pokémon after second gen) so some of these are very unfamiliar to me. You can also type inside the move boxes to find a specific move much easier. PLEASE DO NOT BE DUMB AND GIVE THE POKÉMON SOMTHING YOU KNOW IT CAN NOT LEARN. (Example: Teaching Sunkern Fire Blast. Just don't do it.) I just realized Leech Life isn't something Sunkern can learn lol.

The empty boxes with the 0's in them are PP ups. Each move can have 3 PP ups, which will greatly increase the PP of a move. (Look at Grass Knot. With 3 PP ups the move's PP went from 20 to 32!)

After you are done with the Moves section click next and you'll be at the final section. All you need to do it click the "Export as PKM file" and save it to the PKM folder I provided for you in the file.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have made a LEGAL Pokémon! But just to be sure let's check it's legality with the legality checker. To do this all you need to do is drag the .pkm file you saved onto the Legality Checker.exe

Look at the bottom. It says "Common NDS". That means it's legal! As long as it says "Common NDS" or "________[unrestricted]" then you're good to go. If the legality checker detects that it is hacked then it will say "hacked or unknown pokémon" in red letters.

Sending Your Pokemon to your Nintendo DS [PKM2]

Open the "Send PKM to DS" folder and run "python-2.6.4.msi". You need to install this program in order to be able to send Pokémon to your DS. Do not worry, it is virus free.

After you install it, the other file's icons should change to something like this.

Grab the Pokémon file(.pkm) you made and bring it to the "Send PKM to DS" folder. Drag that Pokémon file onto the "sendpkm.py" file
You should get a command prompt that says something like this...

The numbers that you get are important, so keep this window up and GRAB YOUR DS! YOU'RE ALMOST DONE!

Turn your DS on and all that jazz and play HG or SS, which ever one you have. DO not continue, scroll down to "NINTENDO WIFI-CONNECTION SETTINGS". Choose the connection that you are using and scroll down to where it says "Auto-obtain DNS" and select "No". GO down one more to where it says "Primary DNS" and select "Edit". TYPE IN THE NUMBER THAT YOU SEE IN THAT BLACK BOX ON THE COMPUTER. Click OK and save your settings.

Back out of the WiFi settings and go to Continue game. Head on over to the GTS station in Goldenrod City and talk to the lady at the top left corner behind the desk. (the one that takes you to GTS or whatever it's called) Connect to wifi, wait, and be amazed.

Credits:

Myself, for providing the link and writing this guide.
"sinbad.the.saile..." on another website, for finding/creating the program to send Pokémon to your DS.
"CodeMonkey85", for creating the PKMDS Pokémon Generator.

Date:   May 12, 10 at 12:21am (PST)
Subject:   re: Create Your Own Pokémon and Send It To Your DS
Everything (not really) Pokesav [PKM3]
So say you wanna beef your Pokémon up some. The Pokémon generator does not give the Pokémon any EVs and it gives it random, and it gives rather believable IVs. That is something to take note of. Anyways, go ahead and run Pokesav HGSS only.exe so we can get started.

Misc. Stuff [PKM3-0]

Click the "Load" button and find the Pokémon you made and select it to load it into Pokésav. Click the "Edit" button to bring up another screen in which you can edit everything in the Pokémon.

The colored squares are going to be what you are going to mess around with the most. The "??????" and "Idk what these are so you probably shouldn't mess with them unless you know what you're doing." As for the rest, you can find it out on your own, it shouldn't be that hard.

IVs (individual values)
[PKM3-1]

Individual values are something that a Pokémon is born with and it can not be changed without a program like this. IVs make Pokémon stats higher. This part isn't very hard. You can click the "All 31" button if you're feeling cheap. Or you can make it a tad bit better than what they are right now. The choice is yours. Note: An IV can not go any higher than 31, if it does, it won't even make it past the GTS check (and it will show up as HACKED in the Legality Checker.)

PID (this is very important)
[PKM3-2]

Before you edit anything else you're going to want to sync the Pokémon's IVs with it's PID (Pokémon ID). If they are at least not somewhat (notice how I said somewhat) in sync then it will show up as hacked in the Legality Checker. After you have decided on the IVs your Pokémon will have, click the "PID/IV" button. A new window will show up. Click the "Generate" button.

I'm a little lost here...

quote ProjectPokemon
Pokésav will then list valid PIDs in the rows and their corresponding stats in the columns. If you don't see a PID with desirable stats, simply change the IVs (even a slight change will result in an entirely different set of PIDs) and try generating the list again.

When you see a desirable PID, simply click on it and press OK. The changes will then be applied to the Pokémon. If the species of Pokémon has more than one possible ability, don't forget to change the ability according to the class value of the new PID.

This generator does not apply to hatched Pokémon or event Pokémon, as these conform to entirely different algorithms.
Anyways, this is a little tricky and most of them time I do this by trial and error. I usually choose a TYPE 1 PID in order to get the "Common NDS" results in the Legality Checker. After you've chosen your PID click "OK" and click the "OK" button at the top of the window. Next to your Pokémon's name click the "Save" button and save it somewhere else. Do not overwrite the original .pkm just in case. Drag the newly saved Pokémon to the legality checker to see if it is legal. If you get "Common NDS", good. If you get "Never seen this (random letters) [unrestricted]", that's ok too. But if you get "Hacked or unknown Pokémon", you will have to try a different PID. Again, this is trial and error for me so keep trying, you'll get the hang of it.

EVs (effort values) [PKM3-3]

EVs, or effort values, also effect you Pokémon stats. Here are some things you should know... IGNORE BOTH THE ALL 85 and ALL 255 buttons. 85 is not divisible by 4 and all 255 will obviously go way over 510. And it's not divisible by 4.

Author:   Dark Pawn
Date:   May 12, 10 at 12:26am (PST)
It was a well written guide.

Date:   May 12, 10 at 12:28am (PST)
Well, Gefloung will see it whenever he logs on and if he has a problem with it then I guess the guide isn't meant to be here.

I'm actually having trouble with the very last step. It worked the first time but won't work anymore. Tell me if you have any luck with it.

Author:   Dark Pawn
Date:   May 12, 10 at 12:29am (PST)
Well I actually don't know what to do for the last step, but I know how to do everything else.

Date:   May 12, 10 at 12:33am (PST)
nvm I got it to work again.

At the very end you will be DCd from WiFi and the game will reset itself. This is perfectly normal. You'll have the Pokemon in your party or Box 1 if you party is full.

Author:   XVolcomGuy562X
Date:   May 12, 10 at 12:54am (PST)
send it to me i wanna do it

Date:   May 12, 10 at 12:59am (PST)
You'll just have to wait to see if Gef is alright with it. Because I don't have a backup of the guide.

Author:   R3P3AT
Date:   May 12, 10 at 1:12am (PST)
yeah man can you send it to me also i just want to see what this is all about?

Author:   Roy
Date:   May 12, 10 at 1:13am (PST)
quote Ready Start L_Arc
wow whoever reported my post is real mature
I have no idea who did, but if you are talking theoretically which I think you are, then this is a great idea. It is kind of like making your own legit pokemon with special moves.

Example: Squirtle can learn Aurora Beam (which it can't, but it would be cool).

Date:   May 12, 10 at 1:15am (PST)
quote Titan
but if you are talking theoretically which I think you are, then this is a great idea.
what? no. I made a well-written guide on how to make your own Pokémon and how to send it to your DS

it was reported 4 minutes later and only Dark Pawn was able to see it.

quote R3P3AT
yeah man can you send it to me also i just want to see what this is all about?
quote Ready Start L_Arc
You'll just have to wait to see if Gef is alright with it. Because I don't have a backup of the guide.

Author:   Skyexplorer
Date:   May 12, 10 at 1:16am (PST)
Dang I wanted to see this!

Could you pm me it? I'm really curious.

If you had to type it again never mind cause it not worth that trouble.

Date:   May 12, 10 at 1:17am (PST)
quote Skyexplorer
Could you pm me it? I'm really curious.

quote Ready Start L_Arc

Author:   Skyexplorer
Date:   May 12, 10 at 1:17am (PST)
Whoops okie thanks.

Date:   May 12, 10 at 1:21am (PST)
Yeah, sorry. I didn't predict that someone would be a child and report my post while lurking somewhere in the shadows. Silly on my part, this is a Pokémon forum after all.

I'd like to know who reported it and why, but of course the person that did it won't post here. Childish lurkers love to abuse the report button.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.