Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1502691-requests-feedback-suggestions-announcements/8.htm

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:29am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements
-------------------------------------------
Please read my posts properly before replying. I stated:

quote Dark Arcanine
you can at least be mature enough to be polite to them when addressing something you don't agree with.
I never said you can't say you don't disagree with something, that'd be contradictory to having this thread.

There's no point to singling out member's names either, but I'll say that I counted more than two names getting involved with the wrongdoings. It was a group of people, a group that made the vast majority of posts in that thread.

And if people did it for several GD's, some getting bans and nothing being learned, then technically there was warnings in the bans (it's not like everyone didn't know who, some people made it a public announcement) and I gave warnings anyway, so it's not like people weren't asked to adjust their attitudes and behaviour whether it be through public or private means.

There was also plenty of reason to take away a privilege, members abusing it is not what it's there for. Very easy to understand.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:31am (PST)
"Wrong doings" you make it sound like they broke the law, or something.

Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:34am (PST)
The rules around Neoseeker govern how we are allowed to act on this site. So it's doing wrong, it's certainly not doing right.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:34am (PST)
quote Dark Arcanine
And I think, Luke, it's more or less because bans are less desirable than a temporary loss of a privilege, perhaps. And sometimes, actions other than bans can work better. And on occasion, banning someone doesn't get the message through. A loss of something they presumably enjoy can do a lot more. That's my thoughts anyway, bit of an issue to remove members from a forum when it's just the one thread that's the issue. And it's more the attitude of that thread rather than members, if you see what I mean.
Fair enough. I can't really argue that. It has worked relatively well in the past (I recall Origin closing the Platinum GD for a while). But if - when(/if) it's opened - it's the same members that return and cause havoc again, should it really be everyone else that gets it in the neck (again)?

quote Succubus
Trying to get respect from X is like trying to jelly beans from a tree....well, unless you're a little girl.
Oh Mia give it a *bleep*ing rest. Isn't shit like this is why you demoted? Come on now.

Author:   NUL
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:36am (PST)
quote Dark Arcanine
technically there was warnings in the bans (it's not like everyone didn't know who, some people made it a public announcement)

-_-"

Bans are private unless the mod announces it.

And the people who are banned can't say anything until it's over.

It doesn't count as a warning.

Also, you shouldn't be giving people warnings... You're not a mod.

Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:42am (PST)
Good question, I like to think it'll fall more on individual members the next time round, as it'll show even the privilege loss wasn't enough, so it'd require a different action as opposed to the same one repeated.

And X, Austin for example had someone announce his for him (can't remember who) and it was discussed within that GD. He chose to make it public, for example. I know perfectly well how the system works.

And I'm perfectly allowed to ask people to stop ruining it for the rest of us (being the community as a whole) by misbehaving. It's a simple plead and request, a person asking for people to just get on with things. That actually comes under the discussion of the discussion, which is perfectly within my rights. My warning was saying what could happen, not anything official.

Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:42am (PST)
quote X
Also, you shouldn't be giving people warnings... You're not a mod.
Point made, but really, what difference does it make? I think the most Richie did was post something like

Cut it out guys, I don't want to see this GD go
Granted it was on numerous occasions, but you see my point. Genuine concern shouldn't only be expressed by a moderator.

Author:   Xyn
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:54am (PST)
To be honest, I think calling what Gef did a douche move will give him more of a reason to keep the GD closed. I think we should let it be, complaining won't bring it back faster. 3:

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 12:59pm (PST)
quote Relmutsie AN
Oh Mia give it a *bleep*ing rest. Isn't shit like this is why you demoted? Come on now.
Not the cause. Ultimate reason for that was that I'm taking a long break from it.

But that's irrelevant.

quote Dark Arcanine
The rules around Neoseeker govern how we are allowed to act on this site. So it's doing wrong, it's certainly not doing right.
Just the tone which I was addressing. I personally don't care whether or not the OTGD returns as it's just a conversation place where I don't have to talk about the game.

Author:   Gefloung
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 3:02pm (PST)
The fact remains that plenty of warnings were made (both publicly and privately) prior to the closure of the general discussion. Hopefully the next time you guys see your peers acting like immature brats you'll intervene--as it only takes one bad apple to ruin it for the group.

Date:   Apr 27, 10 at 1:01pm (PST)
Thread

Is it just me or are there like...10 alt accounts in here?

Author:   Soda
Date:   Apr 27, 10 at 11:43pm (PST)
quote Dark Arcanine
And X, Austin for example had someone announce his for him (can't remember who) and it was discussed within that GD. He chose to make it public, for example. I know perfectly well how the system works.
Speaking on behalf of someone who's been banned is against Neo rules, as it's a form of bypassing. I'd know, as I've gotten banned for posting what someone who was banned said before.

quote Gefloung
The fact remains that plenty of warnings were made (both publicly and privately) prior to the closure of the general discussion. Hopefully the next time you guys see your peers acting like immature brats you'll intervene--as it only takes one bad apple to ruin it for the group.
There's only so much we can do to try and get people to knock it off. We tell them to stop, they ignore us or tell us to stop membrating. We report them, they rage about being reported, just making things worse.

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Apr 29, 10 at 1:58am (PST)
Gefloung, the pokequiz thread was not a "back-and-forth conversation between members". There were actually questions asked and answers given in there if you would just read the thread instead of reading the first/last few pages.

Author:   Gefloung
Date:   Apr 29, 10 at 2:35am (PST)
I did read through the thread. In fact, I took a look at all 26 pages. Yes, you guys had a good thing going, but that doesn't mean you can talk amongst yourselves freely. I deleted multiple spam messages, as well as duplicate posts, posted by both members and guests.

If you want to start a contest or game thread, come talk to me about it first. If nothing else I can help you organize your thread so we don't have this issue in the future.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Apr 29, 10 at 3:04am (PST)
I was thinking of doing one of those "Who wants to be a millionaire" game threads.

I'd keep it organized. So... Could I?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.