Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1502691-requests-feedback-suggestions-announcements/7.htm

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Apr 10, 10 at 3:09am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements
-------------------------------------------
I think it'd be handy if the message that appears above the posting box when posting a new message has some new content added to it. Something that tells people about the Battle/Trade forums available and what each can offer to the member.

Something along the lines of: If you want to battle or get some feedback/suggestions on an in-game/competitive team, please check out the Battles Forum. If you are looking to do some trading, then please check out the Trading Forum.

With their two names being links. I think it'd be pretty useful in helping people figure out which forum they should be using for what they want and it'll stop me sounding like a one-liner parrot telling everyone that they need to use a different forum because most don't know better.

Author:   InDiGo
Date:   Apr 10, 10 at 3:17am (PST)
quote Succubus
To Red it's like killing someone.

He HATES losing data on anything, so he doesn't really delete anything unless it's needed.

Then the two forums should be merged first, at the least.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Apr 10, 10 at 4:30am (PST)
Well if they were to rename the Diamond one and make it a General Pokemon Clan forum, then I think he would want to merge the Pearl one as well.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Apr 10, 10 at 6:17am (PST)
Time to link to the new Black and White forums, maybe?

Date:   Apr 15, 10 at 12:49am (PST)
quote Dark Arcanine
I think it'd be handy if the message that appears above the posting box when posting a new message has some new content added to it. Something that tells people about the Battle/Trade forums available and what each can offer to the member.

Something along the lines of: If you want to battle or get some feedback/suggestions on an in-game/competitive team, please check out the Battles Forum. If you are looking to do some trading, then please check out the Trading Forum.

With their two names being links. I think it'd be pretty useful in helping people figure out which forum they should be using for what they want and it'll stop me sounding like a one-liner parrot telling everyone that they need to use a different forum because most don't know better.
I'm going to repeat myself because I'm tired of being the only person who bothers to help enforce the rule that all threads to do with team discussion are to be held in the Battle Forum. Nobody else is bothering to redirect or make you aware of threads in the wrong forum (as far as I am aware). Please do this so at least the original poster could have the sense to read it and post in the correct forum. I know it's not some huge pressing issue, but the correct mindset for these threads needs to be established and that is that everyone acknowledges where they should be and help people who don't know become aware of that fact. At the end of the day, it's an attempt to help lessen your duties so you don't have to go around closing/moving more threads than you should have to.

DA Edit: Better! Thanks for putting it in, I hope it'll stem some of the flow to the correct forum.

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Dark Arcanine on Apr 14 2010.

Date:   Apr 17, 10 at 6:32pm (PST)
The AR thread needs a header message saying something along the lines of being patient waiting for codes. If no answer comes around, then nobody knows. Simple as that.

Author:   InDiGo
Date:   Apr 17, 10 at 9:37pm (PST)
Or you can just give the thread a thread caption.

Date:   Apr 17, 10 at 9:48pm (PST)
That too.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 8:22pm (PST)
A little confusion.

quote Gefloung
Let's try without the off-topic discussion for a while, since we can't seem to behave appropriately and actually discuss a topic.
Did you mean can't, or can?

Either way, fair call.

[color=#666666]This message was edited by Gefloung(moderator) on Apr 24 2010.

Author:   NUL
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:01am (PST)
quote Relmutsie AN
A little confusion.

quote Gefloung
Let's try without the off-topic discussion for a while, since we can't seem to behave appropriately and actually discuss a topic.
Did you mean can't, or can?

Can't.

As in we can't have a GD without arguing.

TBH I think closing the GD was a douche move.

No warnings just closed. [I haven't seen any warnings...]

TBH it makes me think Gef doesn't quite get what an off-topic GD is like.

Heated discussions are fine, full on trolling isn't.

Learn the difference.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:12am (PST)
Well, no. I can agree with Gef here that the argument between Cero and Karis got out of hand, and the privilege was abused etc. etc.

But instead of depriving everyone that uses the thread - not just a select few regulars, everyone - why not just ban the culrpits? Or am I missing something?

Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:16am (PST)
A general discussion is a privilege which members have to earn and keep earning or they'll lost it, simple as that. It's created by the Moderator out of the good of their heart and they reserve the right to take it away.

There's a difference between discussions/debates and constant, pointless idiotic arguing that doesn't need to happen at all. A General Discussion is not made for the primary purpose of providing a grounds for members to take potshots at each other over trivial matters. It's for having fun discussing a plethora of topics in a friendly and constructive environment.

And I know I personally (just saying) gave the community multiple warnings they'd lose it if they kept being so immature. And I doubt it's a huge shock given the consistent poor level of behaviour it was holding witness to.

I think you need to learn you don't know what you're talking about and should show some respect to the Moderator. Whether you agree with their decision(s) or not, you can at least be mature enough to be polite to them when addressing something you don't agree with. Calling it a "douche move", accusing him of not knowing what he is doing and telling him to "learn the difference" is very poor on your behalf, X, and certainly won't be an incentive to bring the GD back.

Your attitude in that post is pretty much why the General Discussion was closed, the community needs to learn to respect one another and be polite, as opposed to making posts that are negative and condescending to others. Those are the rules at the end of the day and they're not hard to follow.

And I think, Luke, it's more or less because bans are less desirable than a temporary loss of a privilege, perhaps. And sometimes, actions other than bans can work better. And on occasion, banning someone doesn't get the message through. A loss of something they presumably enjoy can do a lot more. That's my thoughts anyway, bit of an issue to remove members from a forum when it's just the one thread that's the issue. And it's more the attitude of that thread rather than members, if you see what I mean.

Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:23am (PST)
Hard to respect someone who does something like this for no reason.

Rel has it right. If the Karis/Cero argument is the reason behind it, just ban them.

I know GD's are a privilege and not a right, but it IS a douche move taking it away with no warning.

And I'm entitled to say I think Gef did something wrong.

Freedom of speech and all that.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:25am (PST)
Trying to get respect from X is like trying to jelly beans from a tree....well, unless you're a little girl.

Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 10:28am (PST)
quote Succubus
Trying to get respect from X is like trying to jelly beans from a tree....well, unless you're a little girl.

I do respect people... Just not when they do dumbass things.

Or when they have a knee-jerk reaction that's totally un-necessary and over-the-top.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.