Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1502691-requests-feedback-suggestions-announcements/3.htm

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 11:41pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements
-------------------------------------------
For calling people like me lazy for wanting to skip all the worthless stuff that just adds up stress and is about x10 time consuming and has no point when you can get the same results for in about an hour.
While at the same time you are supporting the device that is saturating the pool of Pokemon trades with fake and artificially made Pokemon.

Don't deny you'd prefer to have a real event Pokemon rather than one made by some nobody.

Author:   InDiGo
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 11:41pm (PST)
quote Succubus
For calling people like me...wanting to skip all the worthless stuff that just adds up stress...
Fantasy RPGs stess you out?

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 11:45pm (PST)
quote Reenee
For calling people like me lazy for wanting to skip all the worthless stuff that just adds up stress and is about x10 time consuming and has no point when you can get the same results for in about an hour.
While at the same time you are supporting the device that is saturating the pool of Pokemon trades with fake and artificially made Pokemon.

Don't deny you'd prefer to have a real event Pokemon rather than one made by some nobody.
You make this sound so serious. It's Pokemon. These little pieces of memory aren't worth anything to anyone but Nintendo. The game's point is to have fun. By reducing what people can do, you reduce the amount of fun they can have.

I don't care about the trading area. It's pointless to me. I only care about the battling area where you actually have constant entertainment if you like doing that. It matters when you want to get into the fray because what's popular and what not, what counters what, and what's good to use change often. Oh, I spend about a month creating the perfect Scizor. Low and behold, about a million counters show up till the point where it sucks.

Yeah, month wasted.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 11:45pm (PST)
quote Indigo
Fantasy RPGs stress you out?
Doing the same thing on loop for hours on end with little-to-no results until after 3 hours (for a SINGLE pokemon) has a tendency to stress people out.

Less time to get there = less stress.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 11:52pm (PST)
You make this sound so serious.
Cheating is cheating in any video game. You are indirectly affecting every legitimate player out there by purchasing a cheating device.

By reducing what people can do, you reduce the amount of fun they can have.
Do you really find it fun sticking 31 IVs in every stat and battling everyone who does likewise? Where's the variety? Where's the whole "playing to your Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses"? There's a reason all these stats are randomized so people would enjoy strategizing against two different Pikachus.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 12:05am (PST)
quote Reenee
You make this sound so serious.
Cheating is cheating in any video game. You are indirectly affecting every legitimate player out there by purchasing a cheating device.

By reducing what people can do, you reduce the amount of fun they can have.
Do you really find it fun sticking 31 IVs in every stat and battling everyone who does likewise? Where's the variety? Where's the whole "playing to your Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses"? There's a reason all these stats are randomized so people would enjoy strategizing against two different Pikachus.
I find it fun mixing and matching movepools to fight others NOT having to go through the depressing and boring act of getting to it.

Hence why I'm finding myself using Shoddy. It's better for competitive battling, but ripping that out of the actual game makes the blasted game a waste of money to buy in the first place and cuts the amount of people you can play in half.

Author:   Soda
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 2:13am (PST)
Sloth vs Greed/Pride. Neither of you is going to convince the other they're wrong. Just drop it.

Author:   NUL
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 8:14am (PST)
quote Sodachugger0
Sloth vs Greed/Pride.

~SURPRISE ATTACK BY LUST!!~

quote Reenee

I've been to events...

It's waiting in line with a bunch of idiot kids.

I got accused of hacking when I beat one with a NON-HACKED pokemon.

SD-garchomp. Fully EV'd.

I was able to set-up and sweep, they called hax.

I'd rather hack events in a few seconds than deal with idiots and travel for hours.

Author:   Gefloung
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 2:30pm (PST)
If you don't agree with cheating, don't affiliate yourself with the rest of the code request thread.

Author:   Gefloung
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 7:16pm (PST)
Hey guys, just wanted to lay down a few rules for the off-topic discussion thread. Nobody is in trouble, specifically, but I've received a few complaints about the vibe our attitudes are projecting.
quote RULE #7
No offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed. This rule applies anywhere on the site; your signature, custom title, posts and everywhere else you can submit something to the site. This also applies to comments about other people who do not frequent the site. "Joke flaming" is no longer allowed in site signatures, and guestbook signings, this will be treated as if it were actual flaming. Please note that using song lyrics, poems, literature or any other media that contains content that breaks the rules is not allowed either. These things don't have a place on Neoseeker.
Basically I'm asking everyone to check themselves from here on out. We all need to be respectful of other members. It's not up to me to say "these words are allowed..and these words are not". That's an administrator's call.

Also don't fret if your posts are reported or deleted. I'm more than happy to go into detail with you (if none are given) about why your post has been deleted, but only if you can do it calmly and respectfully. Just relax and we can talk it out.

Author:   Old Man Zangetsu
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 8:19pm (PST)
quote Reenee

Sadly Hera is right... You are being really ignorant here. I'm not hardcore when it comes to events and all that, but its really quite easy to find out if an event is hack or not. That voids your entire statement right there. As long as you take the proper steps to check for a hack, you wont receive a hack. People who really care about events always check. So you have no ground there. Also, what I've always found funny about the whole legit event thing, is that all Events are hacks.... Only they were made by Game Freak.... Double Standards. Love them

Everything else has already been pointed out I think. I have AR. I only have it for competitive play. Most everyone who does competitively play has it. I dont use it to aid me through the main game elements.
Also, you seem to have a vague understanding of what goes into competitive play. IV's are not nearly as important as you make them out to be. There is so many factors that contribute to battling. Everyone, regardless of having AR or not, will want max IV's. They will have them too. The real aspect of competitive play is in the team building and actual battling. For most of those players, that is the fun part. Thats why so many of us use Shoddy as opposed to Wifi.

Sure it, cheating, taking a short cut, pathetic, "hurting" the legitimate players.... Whatever you want to call it. But because you have such a view shouldnt mean we cant have an AR code thread stickied. Thats intolerant.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 8:23pm (PST)
Why did you HAVE to do that?

Author:   InDiGo
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 9:41pm (PST)
I thought we've already moved on.

Author:   Michael_Russell
Date:   Mar 30, 10 at 4:12am (PST)
I think we should have an EV training guide. Such as the one in the pokemon diamond forum? Here is a link to wgat I'm talking about http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24412/t933626-big-training-guide-evs-ivs-natures-september-6th-edit/

Author:   Soda
Date:   Mar 30, 10 at 4:30am (PST)
That or the guide just needs updating with good training locations for SS/HG.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.