Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements - page 16

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1502691-requests-feedback-suggestions-announcements/16.htm

Author:   REPOBSESSED
Date:   Jul 08, 10 at 2:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements
-------------------------------------------
quote Aeowyn
It was my idea in the first place.

Repobsessed just stole it from me when I posted it to the Trading RFS Thread. Gotenks told me to put it I to the SS RFS Thread but repo beat me to it.
Yes. Sorry Aeowyn. T.T

Author:   ThirteenOfTwo
Date:   Jul 21, 10 at 1:17am (PST)
Lately I've been seeing a lot of RMTs in the battle section that really aren't RMTs--they give the name of a Pokemon but no other information, or they have a name and Moveset but no reasoning whatsoever behind them. I'm also picking up a lot of misconceptions about the metagame in the main forum. Would it be OK if I wrote a "Guide to Competitive Battling" for the reference of the forumgoers? (I promise to keep it flame-free and easy to understand).

I sent the above to Gotenks and Origin. Origin approved as long as it was high-quality and Gotenks told me to post it here to see what the other forumgoers thought. So here I am. Anyone protest (or want to help write)?

Author:   Shawn Yasumara
Date:   Jul 21, 10 at 1:50am (PST)
Another thing about RMT's:I've seen quite a few of them,and when people "rate" a person's team,all they do is link to Smogon's page(s) on the Pokemon the person looking for help chose,rather than actually giving advice on the team itself.

A good example would be someone who has created a team of their favorite Pokemon (who,in my opinion,are awesome) for use in Standard play.Say,two or three are NU/UU.If someone linked to Smogon for said low tier Pokemon,they'd be giving them sets that handle threats of that tier,rather than the tier they are going to be used in (OU).Of course,some Pokemon in those tiers,such as Nidoking,have one or two sets that deal with OU,but not all of them do.

I know Smogon's team of monkeys is smart,but it's getting a little ridiculous with how many people use their sets and nothing else.

Author:   Shadowz
Date:   Jul 21, 10 at 5:30am (PST)
There's really nothing that can be done to change that. You're basically telling people not to do all that stuff because you dont like it, but that's really not easy to do.

The thing about the creative teams is that it would most likely not be a serious team if people would make teams like that. The smogon links are just for reference. It's not that they have to follow it, but it's just a source where you can rely on if you don't know what to do with the pokemon.

Author:   ThirteenOfTwo
Date:   Jul 21, 10 at 6:42am (PST)
Let me clarify my idea a little more with a very basic outline:

1) Guide to the mechanics of competitive play (EVs, IVs, Natures, 101 HP Substitutes and the like)
2) Guide to teambuilding, offensive and defensive synergy, and themes
3) Overview of commonly seen Pokemon of the Standard metagame in the form of a threat list with descriptions
4) Guide to writing RMTs, with formatting and readability tips
5) Guide to giving constructive feedback on RMTs

As you can see, it's a big project, and any help I can get would be great. However, this discussion belongs more in the Battle sub-forum, so we should probably take this discussion to that RFS thread. Thanks.

Author:   Origin
Date:   Jul 23, 10 at 3:22pm (PST)
I'd suggest having the thread in the battle forum anyway. Also to note, check out the training guide in Diamond (a sticky).

Author:   SoulRaiser
Date:   Jul 23, 10 at 10:43pm (PST)
We would like to move the Mono run thread back to here, where it truly belongs...may we?

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jul 23, 10 at 10:49pm (PST)
quote SoulRaiser
We would like to move the Mono run thread back to here, where it truly belongs...may we?
I support this. ^

The Clan died out because, as I said before, it wasn't meant to be a clan. And there's my proof.

Author:   Lil J
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 12:14am (PST)
quote Chaos Team
quote SoulRaiser
I support this. ^

The Clan died out because, as I said before, it wasn't meant to be a clan. And there's my proof.
I also support this. It just doesn't seem to work right as a clan.

Author:   gillxme19
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 3:21am (PST)
quote SoulRaiser
support.

Author:   Origin
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 12:05pm (PST)
I'm not going to keep repeating myself, it's a no. When the thread was in this forum, it was full of spam; to the point we're whole pages had to be deleted. Since you've moved it to a clan, it's been run a lot cleaner. Also, a lot of new members come to this forum, and your thread was a really bad example for them to see. The Clans forum is a little bit quieter, and without the constant influx of new members you've all stayed (relatively on topic). I can't see any reason to move the thread back here, and just posting 'I support' posts won't convince me.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 9:01pm (PST)
I just realized that HG and SS Rule threads were a bit out of date. The rule thread here still listed Sakura as the moderator and HG didn't say who modded here. Not a huge deal but they've been updated with the current mods. =)

Author:   SoulRaiser
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 9:06pm (PST)
Origin: We used to get tons of new members here! Since we went to the clans, we have gotten zero new members.

What if we came back here on say probation and if we spammed you could kick us outta here for good.

Use your heart Origin, give us a second chance.

I sound so desperate

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 9:24pm (PST)
quote Origin
I'm not going to keep repeating myself, it's a no. When the thread was in this forum, it was full of spam; to the point we're whole pages had to be deleted. Since you've moved it to a clan, it's been run a lot cleaner. Also, a lot of new members come to this forum, and your thread was a really bad example for them to see. The Clans forum is a little bit quieter, and without the constant influx of new members you've all stayed (relatively on topic). I can't see any reason to move the thread back here, and just posting 'I support' posts won't convince me.
don't read this if you have already made up your mind, but....

What will convince you? Do I have to give you reasons why it should not belong in the clans forum? I could give more, but there's really no point in doing so.

edit: and thanks for the mod update, Gotenks. I actually saw that there before and thought something was wrong.

Author:   logcar
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 10:00pm (PST)
quote Chaos Team
1. it's not a clan, nor was it ever meant to be
2. Most of the members of the clan quit or were thinking about quitting(including the leaders)
3. We couldn't particpate in clan wars
4. No new members have joined since it moved to the clans forum, although we were completely welcome to new members.
From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) but:

1. It was made for the discussing of pokemon and for battling which could all be easily done in a clan and is somewhat the definition of a clan, actually.
2. Due to lack of morale I'm guessing due to not getting to have it here?
3. I don't know why not. Mind telling?
4. As a clan it's your job to find find new members...don't wait for them to come to you, you go to them. Send them a PM asking if they would like to join. It's called recruiting.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.