Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [Original] Shiny Encounters - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1498171-original-shiny-encounters/8.htm

Author:   Ulairi
Date:   Jul 29, 10 at 9:50pm (PST)
Subject:   re: [Original] Shiny Encounters
-------------------------------------------
Shiny L.10 Drowzee on route 34 (in the grass outside the day-care) while I was hunting Dittos in my Heart Gold. Because I was hunting Dittos I had a False Swiping Scyther out in front and catching it was real easy.

The funny thing is that up until then I'd been getting really annoyed with all the Drowzees and Rattatas that were popping up while I was looking for Dittos. (I've since found the better Ditto hunting ground that is down from the Safari Zone gate).

After this experience I now make a point of always having my "catcher" (L.100 Gallade with Mean Look, Hypnosis and False Swipe) in the party when I'm EV training - just in case...

Author:   Zuidy
Date:   Jul 29, 10 at 11:36pm (PST)
quote Cobalt
quote zuidy
In Platinum, my first 'original' shiny encounter was on the fight route. Green Machamp.
There's no wild Machamps.
There is with ARs.

Author:   gillxme19
Date:   Jul 30, 10 at 12:16am (PST)
(not counting gyrados)
my first one was in ruby it was a poochyenna
Second one was in soul silver. It was a pidgey. I accedently ran.

Author:   Raikou376
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 4:53am (PST)
GUH I was doing multi Battle Arcade with my friend and lass Yasmin sends out a SHINY TREECKO. *bleep* you, game mechanics, taunting me with shinies you can encounter but not catch.

Author:   Trainer_Timothy _2
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 5:37am (PST)
The first shiny i ran into was a shiny krabby,then when i reset my game i ran into a shiny psyduck.random,but amazing.

Author:   gillxme19
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 5:44am (PST)
quote Raikou376
GUH I was doing multi Battle Arcade with my friend and lass Yasmin sends out a SHINY TREECKO. *bleep* you, game mechanics, taunting me with shinies you can encounter but not catch.
thank god that never happened to me XD
I remember reading some where on this forum that in emerald, they went with wally to catch his ralts and the ralts was shiny.

Author:   Raikou376
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 6:19am (PST)
Ah I heard that too. I wasn't exactly mad though, it was kinda awesome, plus I had already gotten a shiny in this game. My friend, on the other hand, was pretty pissed in a way.

Author:   Millennium Master
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 3:20pm (PST)
A very long time ago in I think it was Crystal, I once encountered a shiny Tangela and I ended up beating it.

Author:   Horse
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 4:10pm (PST)
Back on the old Gold I got a shiny Tangela and Ursaring from just outside Mt. Silver, a shiny Unown (forget which letter, think it was J) and the stupid red Gyarados...I really like the blue better.

I have only seen, and caught, one shiny apart from the red Gyarados on my current Soul Silver, which was a green Golbat whilst training for the E4 on Victory Road

quote MetallicaDragon

I came acros a shiny Tauros today in HG I was EV'n a houndoom and my heart dropped when I saw the green coming across the screen even though it was still blacked out. My first legit shiny for HG that is mine.
^^ Yeah I noticed that exact same thing when I saw the Golbat coming across the screen...it looked different and I thought 'no bloody way'

[EDIT] I was looking at the Unown forms and I found out it was the letter U

Author:   Saiyuki44
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 5:44pm (PST)
I have A shiny ponyta in my platinum. i forgot what level.

In my Soul Silver I caught a shiny gyarados. Haha, just kidding.

In my Emerald I caught a level 20 clampearl. It's now a shiny huntail. My friend gave me her shiny Shinx.
And for my final shiny I got the movie 13 Entei. I am NOT trading it.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Jul 31, 10 at 10:11pm (PST)
I've traded for a good amount of shinies using these forums, but everybody does that.

A fond memory: Sapphire, Victory Road. I was training my pokemon in a pathetic attempt to try to beat the Elite 4. I'm minding my own business, just fighting wild pokemon, when BAM! A shiny hariyama comes out of nowhere. I used the masterball I had, out of fear it would escape me. Sadly, my firered, which I moved my hariyama to, was a victim of the washer.

Author:   Giral Ga
Date:   Aug 01, 10 at 5:55am (PST)
quote AxFielder223
I've traded for a good amount of shinies using these forums, but everybody does that.

A fond memory: Sapphire, Victory Road. I was training my pokemon in a pathetic attempt to try to beat the Elite 4. I'm minding my own business, just fighting wild pokemon, when BAM! A shiny hariyama comes out of nowhere. I used the masterball I had, out of fear it would escape me. Sadly, my firered, which I moved my hariyama to, was a victim of the washer.
wow......poor game file...now you can't play it anymore

Author:   Trainer_Timothy _2
Date:   Aug 01, 10 at 10:38am (PST)
But anyway,the first shiny i encounter was a tentacool,in pokemon emerald.im not sure what happened to it,either its still my game,(which btw my friend stole and sold my pokemon emerald for accidentally taking his regi's)or i migrated it to diamond(which my other friend lost).It may be gone,but i'll never forget it.

----------------
Platinum:4340 0744 8025

Author:   Zero
Date:   Aug 01, 10 at 11:01am (PST)
Hm, well I have a fairly long list...

G/S/C:

Pidgey - Found near the start, somewhere...
Weedle - Found near Dark Cave.

R/S/E:

Wurmple - Near the start, again.

FR/LG:

Caterpie - Ironically.
Pidgey - Again...

D/P/Pt:

Bidoof: Yay.
Ponyta: Sassy nature unfortunately, but still great to find.
Zubat: Found on the route after Jubilife (to the right of).

HG/SS:

Caterpie: WHAT IS WITH YOU SHINY BUGS?

They are the ones I remember. There may be more actually, thinking about it...

Author:   KingDingus
Date:   Aug 01, 10 at 11:37am (PST)
I got shiny onix when I was making my ling journey up to fight red is lvl 48

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.