Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [Original] Shiny Encounters - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1498171-original-shiny-encounters/4.htm

Author:   Fluroclad
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 9:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: [Original] Shiny Encounters
-------------------------------------------
quote Sesshyte
quote Darkari33
[/b][b]Caught a few a shiny makuhita a shiny bagon a shiny lugia.... that chance wld b like 1 in 1,000,000 and i wuz that 1.. i used a masa ball... i found out u culd get both lugia and ho-oh than i transferred my master ball frum platinum... well u get the point makuhita lvl 24 victory road emrald, bagon lvl 16 sapphire moon cave or watev, lugia lvl45 whirl pool islands soulsilver
Dear god, did the blind teach you how to type?

True It wasn't a great type up. But that was kind of harsh

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 9:47am (PST)
It is a Sitewide Rule that good grammar and spelling is necessary in the forums.

Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 9:51am (PST)
quote Dragoon
It is a Sitewide Rule that good grammar and spelling is necessary in the forums.

Well only a Mod can edit It now since It was posted by a guest.

Author:   Keera
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 4:42pm (PST)
I have a LOT of the games and I have only run across a shiny Tentacool (I think). And I've done that twice and caught both of them. One was on LeafGreen and I think the other was on Emerald.

Question: If breeding, if you have a parent that is a shiny, does that increase the chance that the hatched pokemon will be a shiny?

Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 4:55pm (PST)
quote Keera
I have a LOT of the games and I have only run across a shiny Tentacool (I think). And I've done that twice and caught both of them. One was on LeafGreen and I think the other was on Emerald.

Question: If breeding, if you have a parent that is a shiny, does that increase the chance that the hatched pokemon will be a shiny?

No It doesn't. Unless you use the Masuda method. I think thats how his name is spelt

Author:   Dissc
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 5:01pm (PST)
i was randomly walking in some grass and went to battle and it sparkled i was like OMG its a shiny it was level 3 Pidgy and ima level it all the way to 100 cause this is my 2nd shiny(No Ar code) 1st was in Platnuim in turnback cave it was a shiny haunter (again no Ar codes)

Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 5:05pm (PST)
quote chimchar5
quote Keera

No It doesn't. Unless you use the Masuda method. I think thats how his name is spelt
What is that method?

Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 5:10pm (PST)
quote Keera
quote chimchar5
quote Keera

What is that method?

I will tell you the basics of it.

Breed your Pokémon off your own game with a Different nationality game and the chances of getting a shiny are cut by 1/4 so the chances are now 1/2048. Thats basically all It is. If you need more help search the net because i don't really know much about this method

Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 5:27pm (PST)
quote chimchar5
quote Keera
quote chimchar5
quote Keera

What is that method?

I will tell you the basics of it.

Breed your Pokémon off your own game with a Different nationality game and the chances of getting a shiny are cut by 1/4 so the chances are now 1/2048. Thats basically all It is. If you need more help search the net because i don't really know much about this method
Ohhh okay. Thanks!

Author:   BostonGoals
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 6:07pm (PST)
Never came across a shiny in all my years of playing

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 6:22pm (PST)
Haven't found any shinies in HG yet but...

In emerald my first encounter with a wild pokemon after I bought pokeballs was a shiny Poochyena.

In Colloseum I just went to play one day and remembered that I had traded a shiny Golbat there, but I never knew where I got it from originally.

In Gold I had a shiny Octillery before it stopped saving.

the end.

Author:   Shadowz
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 6:33pm (PST)
Woohoo. It's that time again, kiddies! It's Shadoooooowz' Story Time!
Today's story is about experiences with shiny pokemon!

Well, first, we'll start off with the sad times, boys and girls.
One day, a long long time ago, my brother was playing Crystal version and he was training in the grass patch right before Ice Cave. note that I wasnt home when this was happening, but he found a green lickitung. He thought it was a glitch, so he killed it. I came home, he told me the story, and I can tell you somebody got a reaaaal good beating.
Another day, playing Ruby version, I find a shiny spinda. I was crazy excited when I found it that I forgot to save after catching it. I didnt have my charger with me and the battery for my SP was at red.... it shut while I was healing at the pokemon center and JUST realized I should save.
A different day, I was playing Leafgreen. I was in the Safari Zone, playing for hours, trying to find a pikachu holding a light ball(I eventually got one, but that's not the point). Along the way, little ol' Shadowz was finding other worthless pokemon, like Oddish. I noticed one that looked kinda odd, but I ignored it and ran away from it thinking that it's a normal Oddish. Later that day, I went on serebii to see how a shiny Oddish actually looked. They looked almost exactly alike and I figured out that I ran away from a shiny Oddish earlier.

And here are the good times.
About 6 or so months ago, playing Platinum, I was focused on using the pokeradar to find some shiny electrikes cause they look so darned cute. Am I right or am I right? This was when I first starting using the pokeradar, so I sucked ass at it. I was on my 8th chain, about to go o my 9th chain of shiny electrikes, but I accidently moved backwards, finding a.... SHINY *bleep*IN PACHIRISU!!! Named the nigga Lucky, and that was end of the story.
Later that day, I was doing those darned chains of electrikes, and on my 33rd chain, I find a shiny electrike!!!! Caught him, but it wasnt the right nature, so I continued chainging. I chained and caught about 4 more shiny electrikes throughout the course of the next week and eventually found one with the right nature.

And there ya go. I hope you enjoyed the story, little ones! Tata to all!

Author:   hisokamok
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 6:56pm (PST)
Seen quite a few shinies in my whole Pkmn experience
first one was in crystal version, while going towards red to battle him the 29147201st time i ran into a shiny graveller however knowing my luck it Selfdestruct'd -_-

2nd one was in diamond nothing special. just found shiny bidoof and used him as a memorable HM slave

Recent one was while SP att EVing my mewtwo in platinum i ran into a shiny ghastly caught it and kept in the box

Author:   Tf916
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 6:59pm (PST)
Hopefully i run into a better nature shiny since that pidgey is my team flyer.

Author:   idkmyname
Date:   Mar 21, 10 at 7:05pm (PST)
oh oh oh i have lots of shineys

obtained on my own:
shiny magnetric (coolio black) somewhere in emerald migrated to this
shiny linoon (not very different) from emerald but traded on wifi
shiny illumise (a total blonde lol) platinum in the place near the resort zone

from wifi:
crobat (pink)
mew (blue)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.