Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, and Suggestions - page 24

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1423915-requests-feedback-suggestions/24.htm

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 3:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
Whoa, let's take a few steps back here. It seems I need to say a few words to end all this bickering.

First off, regarding the single forum for both games. The decision was made by me to have only one forum for both, but the idea itself was actually brought up by Redemption while we were talking over MSN yesterday. I originally asked for a forum for each game, but he brought up the possibility of only one forum for both games. I went along with it because: Also, the game makes no distinction between version or even region when you're connected to WiFi, so why should we? Somebody requesting a Growlithe in a Soul Silver trade forum may never get what they want and if they don't visit Heart Gold, they may never request it there where people will have it. Posting it in one forum makes sure people with both versions will see it.

As for people saying things will become overloaded: That's for me (or a forum mod) to decide, not you. If things get so overwhelming to the point where one person can't handle it anymore, either someone else will be brought in or things will be split. For now, though, they stay as is.

Further, what Kuhn says also applies. One forum will obviously be more popular than the other and will clearly get more use, leaving the other as quiet as a tomb. One centralized forum negates that and ensures a constant flow of activity.

Secondly, about guest posting. Guest posting is only going to be permanently disabled in the trade and battle forums. The reason for this is simple. It's much easier to tie everything to an account if something goes wrong and teach the account's owner the proper way of doing things than it is to expect every new guest that comes wandering in through Google to be trustworthy or even help keep the forums organized. The tag rule is set in place for a reason so people can easily limit what they see with the filter bar at the top of the forums. Having a constant wave of guests coming through that may not tag their threads properly makes organization a nightmare.

When it comes to the main forum, it will never be disabled permanently. Guest spam is hardly an issue other than the stray threads here and there and those are dealt with swiftly when I'm online. When I'm not, they'll obviously sit around for a bit unless someone else comes through and ninjas them away, but even then it's not a major issue. If things [i]do/i] get out of hand with guests, however, I'll consider putting a posting restriction on guests all together or outright deny them the ability to post for a week or so, but it will never be permanently disabled in the main forum.

Author:   Old Man Zangetsu
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 4:18pm (PST)
So, Avalith, I know you read my PM... You going to reply?

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 5:52pm (PST)
Avanub won't even reply to me, and I co-staff wif him. Why would he reply to you?

Author:   nightmare
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 5:54pm (PST)
he replies to me

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 5:55pm (PST)
quote Karis
Avanub won't even reply to me, and I co-staff wif him. Why would he reply to you?
The magic of MSN.

Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 5:55pm (PST)
That's because you're beautiful Kat. <3

Now get on topic.

Edit: Rawr Shayn you are oh-so evil.

Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 6:01pm (PST)
i see youre learning sarcasm, karis.

why tell me to get on topic if you're off-topic yourself?

Author:   Fluroclad
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 7:03pm (PST)
We are all off topic. He won't reply to me either

Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 7:05pm (PST)
what's the point of the thread index? nobody's gonna use it because it's outdated.

Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 7:07pm (PST)
I don't remember, but I do know there is a thread in the Site RFS where that discussion was brought up by Feisar.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 8:37pm (PST)
Kat! Don't be so rude.

Author:   Gefloung
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 10:18pm (PST)
Having an index is redundant. A lot of members (I would venture to say the majority even..) don't bother searching the forum, or even look at all of the topics on the first page, before they create a thread.

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 10:24pm (PST)
Not to mention it is a highly outdated concept now with the search feature.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 10:26pm (PST)
quote Zeta
Not to mention it is a highly outdated concept now with the search feature.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ All that needs to be said.

Author:   Fluroclad
Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 10:35pm (PST)
How many months does a thread have to be inactive before you connot bump It?
If there is a rule

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.