Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, and Suggestions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44117/t1423915-requests-feedback-suggestions/

Author:   Sakura
Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 1:39am (PST)
Subject:   Requests, Feedback, and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
Post any feedback, questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions you have for the forum here. Announcements will be posted here as well. This is a thread for you to help improve the forum!

So here's a couple questions for you to start off:
  • Do you want link colors or any other visual changes to the forum?
  • Do you want an Off-Topic General Discussion?

Author:   Matt Player Of AC
    Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 1:43am (PST)
    Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, and Suggestions
    Who wouldnt want an off topic GD!?

Do I have permission to make one?

Author:   Tf916
    Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 1:45am (PST)
    Are you going to write a rule about bumping old threads?

Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 1:54am (PST)
    I don't think we need one for right now. The threads are still no more that a few months old, so there's really nothing super old to bump yet. ^__^

Matt, I sent you a PM that will answer your question.

Author:   Matt Player Of AC
    Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 1:56am (PST)
    Alright, I know, thanks =D

And linking colors, do you mean like those color schemes that are in Loungin'?

Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 1:56am (PST)
    Something like that, but with only one color scheme.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
    Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 4:09am (PST)
    . The forum colours would be nice to see changed to a light blue scheme
    . Credit added to the header and/or footer for the creators of the header and footer
    . Add to the header, such as links to other forums and to important threads within the forum, including a nice theme to make it flow
    . Also wouldn't mind seeing a forum scheme bar installed, such as that used in Loungin' and other forums. These themes would adhere to colour schemes of specific Pokemon, perhaps a set of Pokemon voted upon by members

There's some ideas I've been holding on to which I might as well hand to you now.

Author:   ProudLoz
    Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 4:12am (PST)
    If we go along with the whole color schemes idea, I wouldn't mind making some headers for you guys so they can all match the desired theme. Seriously, if you want a good header that can go with other characters, I'm your man.

Author:   Zeta
    Date:   Sep 16, 09 at 8:22pm (PST)
    Hehe, Sakura is back into moderating already?

Congrats, couldn't think of anybody else better.

Date:   Sep 17, 09 at 3:04am (PST)
    Thanks! ^-^

I am going to go ahead and add credit for the creator(s) of the Header and Footer now. I think I'll work on the visual look of the forum this weekend though. I'm just not sure about that yet. ^-^

If there's anything else you guys want, feel free to post it here.

Date:   Sep 18, 09 at 9:58pm (PST)
    Seeming as you have time to post but not reply to my PM after reading it, I will reiterate myself here. I must say though, the reason I took one to PM is because it may come off as presumptive.

I have some further ideas to propose to you.

One would be to take note that the Pearl forum is now basically dead, with a struggling sprite contest. I think it'd carry huge potential to extend to them an invitation to move them over into Soul Silver. They could also try making use of the new sprites, it'd be a fresh start with fresh ideas. It'd be much easier than trying to establish another contest, bringing over their loyal participators and anyone new also.

For the time being, I'd consider putting the currently known release dates in the header. Although there's multiple ways to find out, there have been members asking and likely will be until it comes out in NA, EU and AUS. As such, it'd be good to have the dates in the header to clearly display what's going on, saving them time and you hassle.

As for the look of the forum, I'm happy to help in setting up the coding. Not that great myself but I have ideas and contacts.

Date:   Sep 18, 09 at 10:11pm (PST)
    I have read your PM, but until I decide what to do, I don't really have anything to say. Certain decisions take more time to make than others. I'll probably PM Avalith about the Pearl forum, but I am not quite sure yet. I don't think I am going to put the release date in the header (it didn't really work for Diamond), but I am not 100% sure yet. ^^

Thanks for the offer on the coding too, but I can do that myself.

I hope that answers your questions/suggestions. I wasn't planning on replying to you until I had better answers though. ^^;

Date:   Sep 18, 09 at 10:16pm (PST)
    Why not take the Spriting contests to the General Pokemon forum? It seriously has nothing to do with Soul Silver at all.

Date:   Sep 18, 09 at 10:20pm (PST)
    Already one there ZL and there has always been a spriting contest in major forums since I came to this site, myself having been a judge of a few. It's always been a good bringer of fun and makes a nice sub community. You could, in all honesty, say the vast majority of forum games aren't specific to the game. I mean "What's that Pokemon" for example is not specific but it's still a game used in loads of Pokemon forums. It's not a strict guideline to be specific to the game when making game threads, they are more general.

Having said this, I did outline that they can try using the new sprites, which does indeed directly relate to Soul Silver.

And okay Lindsey, guess it just seemed weird not to get some sort of reply.

Date:   Sep 18, 09 at 10:23pm (PST)
    I hardly visit the other forums besides this one and Platinum so I wouldn't know.

• Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
    All Rights Reserved.