Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: elite four - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1718958-elite-four/2.htm

Author:   BloodRune
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 1:17pm (PST)
Subject:   re: elite four
-------------------------------------------
Ampharos learns Fire Punch at lvl.1. lol I didn't know that either until I went to check. It can relearn it if you go to the move relearner guy. I used the same tactic for getting Leaf Blade on my Gallade in Platinum.
If nothing else you could use it as a shield while you revive one of you other pokemon or if you tech it Dig it could get some damage in or something. I really don't know what to do with a Furret. XD
Feraligatr's next water move comes at lvl.58 (Aqua Tail). Your choice if you want to wait for that or use Waterfall.
I think you should evolve it. Golem has much better stats. Earthquake is seriously one of my fave moves and it's incredibly powerful.

Author:   akitch12jojo
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 2:08pm (PST)
I'll get it to learn fire punch then I think u will need a fire move somewhere in the battles.
I shouldn't think anyone knows what to do with one lol don't see many people talk about furret lol.
I think I'll teach feraligatr a better water move as I don't think water gun is good enough for it!
Yeh I'll evolve graveler just so it's useful enough even to just buy me some time.

Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 1:43pm (PST)
There are loads of pokemon in the E4 weak to fire(6 I think).
lol Furret's cute, but it can't learn a wide variety of good moves unless with the move tutor... but you can't get BP until after E4 as far as I know.
Water gun is not a good move for Feraligatr, you should definitely get him something better. First of it's power is weak, second it's a special move and Feraligatr is all about attack.

Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 1:47pm (PST)
i went to take your advice for Ampharos and fire punch, turns out i aint got any heart scales to trade him haha ill never get a fire move lol!
ive got Graveler up to lv40 think i might evolve it!
What game you playing at the minute?

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 12:55am (PST)
You can get heart scales through smashing rocks in Cianwood City, Dark Cave, Rock Tunnel, Route 19, Vemillion City or Victory Road.
I don't know why you wouldn't, Golem is so much better then Graveler.
After finally beating Red on my HG I started playing White again. I was more interested in HG then finishing White, so I'm still only on badge 6 there. XD

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 9:15am (PST)
I tried breaking rocks in the Ruins of Alph and kept getting shards so ill try in your places you suggested.
Yeh ill do that tonight then gotta try and beat them later.
I finished Black in january i think, well i beat the elite four theres still more i need to do but HG had all the old Gen1 pokemon i remember so i got that cheap aswell as Platinum.

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 11:21am (PST)
Ruins of Alph don't have Heart Scales in them. You can only find them in the locations I listed.
Good luck with your fight! Make sure to bring some revives and heals with you. ^^
I play HG the most since it's my favorite pokemon game that I have now. I just love the gen 1 and 2 pokemon and it's great how the pokeomon follows you in HG. I remember that from my pokemon Yellow. =)

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 11:27am (PST)
yeh i will look in there need that fire move!
just finished fighting them, beat the Elite Four, lost to lance only had 2 pokemon left at that point, beat 3 of them with 4 pokemon lol.
Need Furret got rid of lol good up till now for me but need it replacing, what type shall i get dya think? Im trying Kadabra!
I had yellow lol graphics are weak when you look back now!

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)
aww That's too bad, maybe next time.
Furret got you killed... why am I not surprised. XD Kadabra might be a good choice. Have you thought about getting a Steelix? It can learn all three elemental fang moves(fire fang, ice fang and thunder fang) through the move relearner. It also learns Dragonbreath at lvl.33 and is resistant against dragon type moves.
Yellow was my first pokemon game. Yea, the graphics changed so much from back then! But hey, I can't complain, they look awesome now. ^^

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 12:06pm (PST)
I would have been alright if i hadnt run out of revives but i learnt for next time at least.
Im gonna see how good Kadabra gets as i can trade for Alakazham if i want to. Ill look into Steelix but dont it need to hold something when it trades?
Yeh it was classic back then and i never played it for years then i told my gf i used to love the game and she got me black for xmas on our new 3DS lol.

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 12:33pm (PST)
Yea, I hate it when that happens. That's why I tend to train them to a higher level then they'd need to be. XD
Steelix needs a metal coat. But you can catch them in Platinum.
I miss my old Yellow game and my team there. Sadly I gave it away some time ago. That was one of the reasons I bought my DSi and HG last year, nostalgia crept up on me. lol

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
Yeh im back on the training mission ready for a second go lol got Ampharos fire punch so that will definately help!
I have an Onix so hopefully the Magnemite i caught might have a metal coat ill have to check.
Yeh same here i never would have played it again if my gf hadnt brought it for me then i fort ill get HG and Platinum.

Date:   Mar 06, 12 at 5:18am (PST)
Yes it will. It'll be great against the grass/bug types in the E4.
Crossing my fingers that you get a metal coat soon.

Date:   Mar 06, 12 at 9:26am (PST)
Yeh u might give it another go later, fingers crossed lol.

Date:   Mar 08, 12 at 11:54am (PST)
2nd time worked wonders, beat the elite four and lance.
All pokemon were lv50, fire punch worked a treat lol.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.