Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Which came first, Arceus or Mew? - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1610743-which-came-first-arceus-mew/4.htm

Author:   White wolf 3638
Date:   Nov 18, 12 at 8:10pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Which came first, Arceus or Mew?
-------------------------------------------
In all my days of playing Pokemon I always knew that arceus was the Pokemon that was born before the world of Pokemon was created.

Author:   Psykit-Melody
Date:   Dec 21, 12 at 9:28am (PST)
mew ist der gott der pokemon das sagt auch pokemon der film nicht arceus..... es ist doch so das arceus als teufel gehsehen wirt in der bibel von pokemon steht das der goldene fürst des couos wächter auf die erde kamm um die bößen zu bestraffen mew heißt auf jüdis jeseia- oder auch jeova-jesu arceus heist übersetzt luzifer allso es ist dan so mew-gott arceus-teufel mewtu-als-jesus dialga-als-engel-michael palkia-als-engel-gapriel und geratina-als-Noa-die arche übrigens es gibt 2 mew-/ lichtmew und darkmew/ ( Lichtmew ist der von baum der anfang) und darkmew gefangen in der omega-ruine / lichtmew bezeichnet man auch als heilige geist )( darkmew bezeinet man als den proveten) in einen interwiu sagt nämlich Satoschy der pokemon zeichner er habe die biebel als forlage zu pokemon benutzt und die restlichen legendären pokemon bezeichnet man alls engel

Author:   Weesnaw
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 7:23pm (PST)
This bothers me a lot too. I'm just brainstorming here but maybe they came at the same time. Arceus set up the foundations for the universe(making palkia, dialga, giratina, uxie, mesprit, and azelf) and mew made the other ancient pokemon like groudon, kyogre, rayquaza and all the fossil pokemon. Over time pokemon change and adapt eventually becoming the common ones we use to battle over and over again

Author:   DCKnuckles
Date:   Feb 19, 13 at 10:08pm (PST)
I've seen a lot of debate go into this. The most common arguement in favor of Arceus goes something like this:

Arceus was born, and he made Palkia, Dialga, Giratina. Time and Space were created, and Giratina was banished for causing mayhem. Then he made Kyogre and Groudon who battled each other. To end this battling he made Rayquaza. Around this time he also created Mew, whose DNA would give life to all other pokemon. blah blah blah now they all exist.

Personally I see it more as this:

Mew were the first Pokemon, in fact the first thing to even exist. Mew has a curious nature, they wonder at everything. Mew are also capable of altering their physical form. As a result of this either a transformed Mew gave birth to Arceus, or a Mew permanently became Arceus. Arceus then used his power to create Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina. And then it basically continues from there with Mew becoming or giving birth to new pokemon etc etc.

I'm really too tired to write this all out in a cleaner manner
Frankly there is no proof one way or another, you just have to pick a side. I prefer to think Mew was first.

Author:   Theorist No. 34475
Date:   Feb 22, 13 at 10:05am (PST)
Please note that Arceus created time and space and, therefore, the universe. Arceus created the universe including the pokemon world and sinnoh, but other pokemon formed it into what it is now (e.g. Kyogre made the sea, regirock moved the continents etc.). Arceus hatched from an egg. Where did that egg come from? The most probable answer is that mew created that egg. Mew's origins, however, are more obscure. It's unknown whether Mew originated in that chaos space or if that chaos space is the void between universes, and Mew went there from another universe, made Arceus' egg, let him hatch and make the universe and then left it's own universe for the one Arceus made. Either way mew would be the descendant of all pokemon and this theory would include life on other planets(e.g. Deoxys.). Arceus is a very mysterious pokemon, as we know so little about him, but we know even LESS about Mew. Mew is the most mysterious, secretive pokemon. In fact, it's because of mew's mysterious origins that there are so many debates about his past and his role in this world. There is no mention of Mew being born in this dimension or the chaos space but there IS mention of Arceus being hatched from an egg in the chaos space. And for those of you saying that new evidence has made the Mew theory outdated, even the black and white 2 pokedex description claims it to be the ancestor of all pokemon, thats a whole GENERATION after arceus' debut.

Author:   Hi :D
Date:   Mar 01, 13 at 9:36am (PST)
Ok those saying ancestor of allpokemon does not mean the first pokemon, are you retarded...... Think about it, of its an ANCESTOR of ALL pokemon that means it was existing before ANY OTHER pokemon and created them. Look up the definition of ancestor its someone that existed in your family tree before you. so naturally if its the ancestor of all pokemon that includes arceus because it doesnt matter what you say oh arceus isnt a pokemon blah blah, it is a pokemonit is described as a pokemon. And that means what? That mew is its ancestor. Now they may have some bullshit explanation in next game but until then its only logical to use the definition of ancestor and the obvious that arceus is a pokemon god pokemon or not is a pokemon, that mew came before. Maybe arceus spawned from nothing and mew was just sittin there laughin as it did and as arceus created shit. Dunno. Hopefully we will find out

Author:   a wild jigglypuff
Date:   Mar 04, 13 at 4:39pm (PST)
The thing about arceus is, none of it's pokedex definitions actually CONFIRM anything. They all talk about legends or mythology, no hard facts. Mew vs Arceus is pretty much god or evolution... I'll finish with that.

Date:   Mar 08, 13 at 2:12pm (PST)
Except that in god or evolution both sides can be true (e.g. god guided evolution) while in mew or arceus both CAN'T be true... or can they?

Date:   Mar 08, 13 at 2:15pm (PST)
Except that in God or evolution both can be true (e.g. God guided evolution) while in mew or arceus both CAN'T be true...or can they?

Date:   Mar 08, 13 at 2:20pm (PST)
whoops, did i post that twice? sorry, im a bit confused today.

Date:   Mar 08, 13 at 5:24pm (PST)
quote Theorist No. 34475
Except that in God or evolution both can be true (e.g. God guided evolution) while in mew or arceus both CAN'T be true...or can they?
I do see what your getting at. But... Most religions (in our world that is) deny evolution, and the theory of evolution (if still considered just a theory) denies religion, mainly because they basically contridict each other. Because evolution has a far more scientific approach, I don't really... well, you know. But not the point.
I understand what you mean by god guiding evolution, but it does not answer the question "What about god?, how did he or she... or it, come into existence. And why." Therefore, the idea of god guiding evolution, isn't a complete one, in either of our worlds... or... is it? well, not in OUR WORLD.
We live in the REAL world, as in one of the infinite universes, each created by a possible change in the quantum world, which is also part of the real world (of course I'm not going to go into quantum physics, too long!). But that's an important thing. In our world, things are... well, real, therefore everything happends for a logical reason. Even the quantum world, despite being almost entirely unpredictable. That's why I don't beleive a god created the REAL WORLD... but this is the pokemon world, and as we've seen, almost anything can happen in the pokemon world (except Ash winning the pokemon league), simply because the pokemon world is not real. Therefore, in a fake/imagined world, like the pokemon world, and solely in these worlds, it is fully possible for a god (in this case, arceus) to exist. But that doesn't answer our little question, does it? Mew is said to be the ancestor of the pokemon, ALL pokemon. So yes mew has to be the first, but arceus (for other reasons) has to be as well. If you're still reading I thank and congratulate you. See the thing is, they both came first. Just... not together. Confused? Don't be. What I'm saying is in one universe mew came first, Billions of years later the sinnoh myths and legends were written, creating a second universe in which arceus came first, and mew came after. This way Mew can still be the ancestor of all pokemon, but they both get to come first.
So basically they can both be true.

Problem: solved.

Date:   Mar 10, 13 at 1:14pm (PST)
Ah, the multiverse comes into play again. Not surprising really, time and space are tied to each other, one cant exist without the other. Also i'm not gonna get into the God or evolution thing too much, if you want to debate that you should talk with my colleague, Theorist No. 36722. As for your answer to the question, I thought the multiverse made new universes when a more than one variation of the future was possible (e.g. if in the main universe you had to choose one of two doors and you choose the left one a branch universe is created in which you choose the one on the right.) I could be wrong but I think thats how it works.

Date:   Mar 10, 13 at 3:15pm (PST)
You are entirely correct. But you see, now that the sinnoh myths are written, there IS more than one variation. Both mew and arceus could have come first. In the real world, I'd be bending logic, because that's not exactly how it works, but like I said this is the pokemon world.

P.S I very much like the way you said time and space cannot exist without each other.

Date:   Mar 10, 13 at 4:42pm (PST)
Its true. what affects one must affect the other as well, an example is an apple. it travels through time and exists in space. a cool one is gravity. It affects time AND space.

Author:   the guy with the fac
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 3:34pm (PST)
i got a theory that might just be right...
arceus and mew were made at the same time and arcues is the one who makes the world and mew is the one who makes the organisms. so even if arceus created the universe mew is still the ancestor of all pokemon while they are both the originals or the first. so im not sure if arceus is an actual pokemon

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.