Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Which came first, Arceus or Mew? - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1610743-which-came-first-arceus-mew/3.htm

Author:   GamerDawg
Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 6:14am (PST)
Subject:   re: Which came first, Arceus or Mew?
-------------------------------------------
Hey,according to the movies mewtwo was nothing but a copy of mew and I still believe that Mew is the origin of life but yeah they messed it up pretty bad I assure you

Author:   PokèPerfect
Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 6:27am (PST)
Every description of Mew says it's the origin of pokèmon as we know it so if bull-crap like Arceus comes along
they are just messing it up more & more untill we all stop watching it. Which for some people like GamerDawg is not gonna happen. So, honestly it doesn't really matter whichever you think is cooler is the origin or "creator" of pokèkind if you must but for me it will most defiantly be mew anytime, anyday, anywhere.

Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 6:31am (PST)
PokèPerfect are you trying to be a hater?

Date:   Mar 26, 12 at 6:35am (PST)
quote cmd17
Obviously mew cause he or she could have created arceus who would have created the universe but of course who actually created mew
To explain mew lived without a universe until arceus was created
Your probably right I completely agree with that...

P.S. No GamerDawg, I'm not being a hater I'm just saying.
P.P.S I Agree with you as well GamerDawg

Author:   Sean H
Date:   May 04, 12 at 2:55pm (PST)
Think about this for a moment. The myth said that Arceus came in an egg from the chaos and confusion. Isn't it possible that there was another Pokemon in the same egg, like The Lake Trio came from the same egg? I think that Arceus and Mew we're born simultaneously. Then, they went into battle, and Mew lost. Then, when Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were made, Mew was placed in the same position of power; Dialga as the ruler of time, Palkia of space, Giratina of antimatter, and Mew of Pokemon. Then, the original Mew made more of itself as the first Pokemon, and Arceus banished it to the Earth for making more likenesses of itself. The Mew died out over time as New Pokemon were made by it, and Mew was forgotten. Therefore, only one Mew remained, the original Mew, as it could not die. Also, Arceus, the original Mew, the Dragon Trio, the Lake Trio, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Regigigas, and the three Hoenn Regis were not actually Pokemon, but creatures similar to it. That explains why Mew is considered the ancestor of all Pokemon.

Author:   pokemon333
Date:   May 15, 12 at 4:37am (PST)
mew. Shes from generation I.

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   May 18, 12 at 8:14am (PST)
It's obvious. Arceus made Mew, who made all the "normal" pokemon. Delegation!

Author:   Derek Kucharski
Date:   Jul 19, 12 at 9:42pm (PST)
okay people. i was wondering this since the D/P/P series came out. yes in the sinnoh games it does say that arceus created the dragon trio and the lake trio. BUT- in the pokedex, it does NOT say that arceus created the whole pokemon universe. for example, for groudon and kyogre, it said what they did (they had a massive battle) and what they can do. for kyogre, the pokedex in emerald says that kyogre created the seas. so right there is proof that arceus did not create the whole pokemon universe! now back to mew vs arceus. in mew's pokedex entry, it says that it is the ancesstor of [/b]ALL POKEMON. doesn't ancesstor mean that it came before something. i mean [b]ALL POKEMON PEOPLE!!!! ALL INCLUDES ARCEUS!!!!!!! so there is proof that mew came first!

Author:   sampunas123
Date:   Jul 24, 12 at 10:11am (PST)
Arceus is a lazy *bleep* that created Pokemon who shaped the universe. He didn'do it himself. One of those Pokemon that he created was Mew and his mission was to inhabit this world with Pokemon and so that's why he's been given the abillity to do so. He's the ancestor of most Pokemon, but not all.

Author:   frosty892
Date:   Jul 31, 12 at 9:27pm (PST)
quote sampunas123
Arceus is a lazy *bleep* that created Pokemon who shaped the universe. He didn'do it himself. One of those Pokemon that he created was Mew and his mission was to inhabit this world with Pokemon and so that's why he's been given the abillity to do so. He's the ancestor of most Pokemon, but not all.

This guy I believe has the right idea. Mew is called the ancestor of the pokemon, that means the ancestor of the pokemon who live in the world. Arceus doesn't live in their dimension. Mew can be considered the FIRST pokemon to reside that world and naturally evolve into the pokemon we see today. So in the end Arceus came first created the universe with the help of the dragon trio etc. Then at one point either mew was created or born naturally into the world. This isn't about Gamefreak screwing with fans it makes perfect sense. P.S mew can't learn Draco Meoter

Author:   loft
Date:   Sep 01, 12 at 10:12pm (PST)
Celibi's time travel could be the key or I also came up with a theroy that mew floating around in nothing laid an egg and arceus poped out but because mew was off playing around arceus created a univers and 3 other pokemon in whitch created stuff in its own.

Author:   pokemonxpert
Date:   Sep 09, 12 at 11:25am (PST)
on most websites it says that mew is the ancestor of all pokemon and created all pokemon so that makes mew the first.

Author:   AnonX12
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 5:02pm (PST)
Arceus created Sinnoh and MAYBE the universe. Check Bulbapedia losers.

Author:   Fruit salad
Date:   Nov 08, 12 at 5:33pm (PST)
Subject:   Which came first, Arceus or Mew?
Sigh,You just dont get it,mew is like god i guess if there is one,it was there before Arceus,before the universe,Mew made Arceus and then Arceus made a the universe and Palkia Dialga and Geratina to ballence it then Kyoger and Groudon made the sea and the land and regice regirock and registeel form the land(not create,formed)and regigigas pulled then with ropes(to the position's they are now i guess) aslo(When Arceus hatched from its egg, it shaped the world with its hundred arms and created the land of Sinnoh. Arceus then created the Pokémon of time, the Pokémon of space and the Pokémon of anitmatter. Eventually, people began to inhabit Sinnoh. Arceus then created three new Pokémon to give humans knowlege, emotions, and willpower. These three Pokémon are said to inhabit lakes in the land of Sinnoh.)Thats sinnoh's story,thare are more look up pokemon myths and legendshttp://www.neoseeker.com/forums/index.php?#

Author:   Doctor doom
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 2:26pm (PST)
Subject:   Which came first, Arceus or Mew?
Obviously Arceus who camed first he got the strongest stats "wink" plus it's implied that he is the creator here is the referance: Arceus is also known as "The Original One," as it is said that it created Sinnoh, and possibly the entire Pokémon universe, along with the lake guardians and creation trio

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.