Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: wifi usb dongle - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1574941-wifi-usb-dongle/

Author:   gay craig
Date:   Sep 08, 10 at 7:29pm (PST)
Subject:   wifi usb dongle
-------------------------------------------
hi you all how ya doin?
i dont know if this goes here but dont punish me ok,
well i have a router at home for the net but my new dsi cant go on wifi well i can download games from the dsis shop but when i go on games like pokemon and animal crossing well i cant get on wifi so i,l have to go out and buy myself a wifi usb dongle then,tell me this is this any good then?please help me on this,some people say that this dongle is good while others say that its not,who can i trust,i need wifi for my games,cos of pokemon events then,

Author:   SwiftBlade
Date:   Sep 08, 10 at 7:36pm (PST)
Subject:   re: wifi usb dongle
No ds games support wpa. The USB thing is good, but it takes a while to set up. It's also quite a lot, so...

Author:   Flamp1
Date:   Sep 09, 10 at 2:13pm (PST)
DS games only work on a WEP secured network or a network with no security.

The dongle has been discontinued so you can only find second hand ones.

Author:   Millennium Master
Date:   Sep 09, 10 at 8:41pm (PST)
If you want to use the USB device for all your wifi needs, go for it.

Author:   demoncatjuston
Date:   Sep 09, 10 at 10:42pm (PST)
the dsi supports wpa

Date:   Sep 10, 10 at 6:29am (PST)
quote demoncatjuston
demoncatjuston

the dsi supports wpa
hi there i can go on the shop channel on dsi but the games dont go on wifi then thats why am geting a wifi usb dongle then so it will work,

Date:   Sep 10, 10 at 10:41am (PST)
quote gay craig
hi there i can go on the shop channel on dsi but the games dont go on wifi then thats why am geting a wifi usb dongle then so it will work,
Which is why I said, Games only support WEP, and the Nintendo Wifi adapter has been discontinued, you can't buy a new one from the Nintendo store you will have to find a second hand one.

Date:   Sep 10, 10 at 1:31pm (PST)
i,l just have to change the settings on new router then,cos sumone who works with pcs and other stuff said when you change the settings the laptops and wifi for ds will works,but sky which the router is with told me that they wont work both at same time,

Date:   Sep 10, 10 at 2:30pm (PST)
i have wifi me very very happy lil bunny
mum just changed settings on router to wep and laptops and wifi on dsi all work cos my mum took my brothers laptop sumwhere in town to get it fixed and they told her that you can change the settings on router to make it so you can have wifi on dsi as well as net on laptops then,so me happy

Date:   Sep 10, 10 at 3:01pm (PST)
The reason it's annoying about the WPA/WEP thing is that WPA is much more secure from hackers than WEP. It's easy to download a program which can hack into WEP.

Date:   Sep 11, 10 at 12:33am (PST)
quote SwiftBlade
The reason it's annoying about the WPA/WEP thing is that WPA is much more secure from hackers than WEP. It's easy to download a program which can hack into WEP.
How many people are going to be within 10 metres of the wifi hub with that program though?

Author:   morelm
Date:   Sep 13, 10 at 3:08pm (PST)
You should really try using coma's~

Date:   Sep 13, 10 at 4:09pm (PST)
quote Flamp1
quote SwiftBlade
How many people are going to be within 10 metres of the wifi hub with that program though?
Errmmm... If someone downloads that program, they're going to be out to hack someone's stuff. And if you live literally right next to a road, all they have to do is sit in their car, and they have plenty of time to get all your details.

Date:   Sep 14, 10 at 5:11pm (PST)
hi all well my mums made it so the router is still password and the dsi can have wifi,woo so no one can get into the wireless router without the password then,

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.