Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Beating Pokemon Trainer Red! - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1557940-beating-pokemon-trainer-red/2.htm

Author:   PokemonGod
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 8:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Beating Pokemon Trainer Red!
-------------------------------------------
Well when i played legit, i beat him with like all lvl 60's.
Not to hard, just train thier speed mostly, fast pokemon demolish his slower ones, then get a good grass or ground for his pikachu, then just an electric type and another fighting or rock, for training use the pokemon league, just do it over and over if yr not looking to ev train..

Author:   charyche
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 8:37pm (PST)
i beat red with...
1.rhyperioir lvl 100
2.charizard lvl 90
3.ampharos lvl 95

he uses pikachu first so watch out. cuz thats his best pokemon i think lvl 88?

Author:   pokemon_master96
Date:   Jul 25, 10 at 5:38am (PST)
quote deather_123
Go teach feraligatr Hydro pump and replace it with crunch level it up to 85 for charizard, Lugia could learn some more decent moves and level him up to 85-80, Heracros for snorlax, go level snorlax up to level 80 and teach him over 70 powered TM moves, Mew two for Ho-Oh and level Ho-oh to level 79 and save him for venasaur, give him EXP share till that happens, Ampharoas to level 80 no move change for blastoise and lapras, dragonite should be replaced by a pokemon with LOW KICK for snorelax becuase the more heavy the pokemon that low kick is used on, the better chance of easy kill
team layout:
1st.Snorelax
2nd.Ho-oh
3rd.Lugia for back up
4th.Heracross for back up
5th.Ampharoas
6th.Pokemon with low kick at level 85(sorry for not mentioning it)
Dude i replaced Crunch with superpower for feraligatr so theres no need for low kick. And btw i also caught a Larvitar and Scyther so should i evolve Larvitar into Tyranitar?

Author:   pokemon_master96
Date:   Jul 25, 10 at 5:43am (PST)
quote H o r s E
quote pokemon_master96
quote H o r s E
As you well know his pokemon are above level 80...his Pikachu could sweep your whole team.

Seriously it's just an in-game trainer, it really shouldn't be that difficult to work out what you need to beat him.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that with 4 out of your 6 pokemon being below level 60, and the other two being UT lvl 70's with bad movesets, you will absolutely get your ass kicked. Why would you even bother thinking about versing Red yet?

Train them wherever you feel most comfortable, or get lvl 100's traded to you or something, since you really can't wait to verse him.

Common sense always prevails.

Pikachu has very crappy stats doesn't matter what level it is. So i doubt it can sweep my whole team, and im not facing him yet im still training. Instead of insulting me try to give me some helpful advice, and i already know what i need to beat him i just need some more training. If i wanted to i could use AR and kick the shit out of Red with one pokemon, but i dont like cheating.
...or you could grow a brain and use some common sense to realise you haven't got a chance in hell with that team. Like that other guy said, there are 50 of these threads around.
Dude if your not going to help just **** off i dont need crap from a loser like u. I doubt your team was any better, and if it was u diffinatly cheated, cuz it took a while to put this team togeather.

Author:   Red Flame
Date:   Jul 25, 10 at 12:08pm (PST)
ugh...you people are noobs i took on red with pokemon around lv.65-67 and i owned him but then got bored and trained to around lv 100 so just lv up a bit but buy potions or revives if needed

Author:   Giral Ga
Date:   Jul 25, 10 at 1:54pm (PST)
quote RedFlame1239
ugh...you people are noobs i took on red with pokemon around lv.65-67 and i owned him but then got bored and trained to around lv 100 so just lv up a bit but buy potions or revives if needed
did you see pokemongod's post? he beaten red when his pokemon was still at lvl 60+.....and you call him a noob

Author:   pokemon geek
Date:   Nov 19, 10 at 10:07pm (PST)
can u help me he is strong but the only good pokemon i've got are:

fearligatr lv.71

ho-oh lv.53

Author:   Aerotrunks
Date:   Nov 19, 10 at 10:29pm (PST)
quote pokemon geek
can u help me he is strong but the only good pokemon i've got are:

fearligatr lv.71

ho-oh lv.53

If you can match up well against his types then there isn't much to worry about besides his Pikachu.

His Pikachu with Light Ball seems to be able to heavily damage pretty much everything.You should use a ground type to negate his electric attacks, and something with heavy defense to tank the Quick Attack and Iron Tail.

For Lapras just use an electric type attack you should be able to 2HKO it depending on the strength of your SP.Attk.

Snorlax is a powerhouse.Use a fighting type here.I used my Machamp with No Guard and used moves Dynamic Punch and Cross Chop.

For Venusaur/Chraizard/Blastoise just use typing to gain the advantage.Fire/rock/electric will probably do the trick.

When I took on Red, my Pokemon were severely under leveled.I believe my strongest was Sandslash around 70, but the rest were 50s and mid 60s.For Red you can beat him if you use types to your advantage because as awesome as he is as a trainer, AI is terribly predictable and outright dumb.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Nov 20, 10 at 12:38am (PST)
Imo, Red really isn't that difficult.
But yeah, basically what Aerotrunks said. Also, you should try to train your Ho-Oh more.

Author:   DragonEmperor
Date:   Nov 20, 10 at 11:36am (PST)
I beat red with 3 level 50's and 2 level 70's and 1 level 80

Author:   awalker12
Date:   Nov 24, 10 at 2:46pm (PST)
if you have any of the other games like platinum diamond or pearl, try trading one of your strong pokemon from there. If you don't want to do this you can just keep battling the elite four until you get them to the level you want

Author:   Wally
Date:   Nov 27, 10 at 10:09pm (PST)
well my level 42 steelix beat his pikachu, though it took alot of damage from a quick attack. :l

Author:   Charizard lover789
Date:   Nov 28, 10 at 8:31pm (PST)
all pokemon 75-85 and be smart with movesets and types and stuff u should be good... oh and healing when u need to

Author:   PsykhoChild
Date:   Nov 29, 10 at 3:20am (PST)
"Watch Out Blizzard incoming"
most of his team has Blizzard that always hits
so have a Lvl 70+ Rock,Fire,Ground [Use First],Fighting, Electric
I used

Tyranitar Lvl 81
Earthquake
Dark Pulse
Hyper Beam
Stone Edge

Jolteon Lvl 80
Thunder
Pin Missle
Double Kick
Helping Hand [Dont Ask]

Primeape lvl 78
Close Combat
Focus Energy
Cross Chop
Karate Chop

Typhlosion [Ares] lvl 82
Rollout
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Double-Edge

Author:   like an eelektross
Date:   Jul 07, 12 at 5:59am (PST)
why does your feraligatr know SURF?? Everyone knows he's a physical attacker and surf is special. teach it waterfall instead. but make sure all your pokemon are at least level 65 even if some are above.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.