Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Beating Pokemon Trainer Red! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1557940-beating-pokemon-trainer-red/

Author:   pokemon_master96
Date:   Jul 23, 10 at 6:21am (PST)
Subject:   Beating Pokemon Trainer Red!
-------------------------------------------
Well im finally at Mt.silver and i need some advice on how to beat Red.

I haven't exactly battled him yet because i know how strong he is so im training my pokemon first.

Party:

Feraligatr - Lvl 60

Moves: Rock Slide,Surf,Hydrocannon, and crunch

Lugia(just caught it) - Lvl 70

Aeroblast,Fly,Punishment and Ancientpower

Mewtwo(just caught it) - Lvl 70
Pyschocut,guardswap,Shockwave and Amnesia

Heracross - Lvl 60

Aerial Ace, MegaHorn,Brick Break and close combat

Ampharos - Lvl 60
Signal beam,Discharge,Thunder and Rockclimb

Dragonite(just evolved recently) - Lvl 60

Wingattack,aqua tail,dragonrush and Dragonpulse

Pc:

Latias - Lvl 35
Ho - oh - lvl 50
snorlax - lvl 50

i have more but they are all lvl 43 and under.

and please tell me good ways to train my pokemon quicker! and also give me advice on what moves i should replace.

This message was edited by pokemon_master96 on Jul 23 2010.

Author:   Horse
Date:   Jul 23, 10 at 8:34am (PST)
Subject:   re: Beating Pokemon Trainer Red!
As you well know his pokemon are above level 80...his Pikachu could sweep your whole team.

Seriously it's just an in-game trainer, it really shouldn't be that difficult to work out what you need to beat him.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that with 4 out of your 6 pokemon being below level 60, and the other two being UT lvl 70's with bad movesets, you will absolutely get your ass kicked. Why would you even bother thinking about versing Red yet?

Train them wherever you feel most comfortable, or get lvl 100's traded to you or something, since you really can't wait to verse him.

Common sense always prevails.

Author:   Giral Ga
Date:   Jul 23, 10 at 11:39am (PST)
well.....you can actually beat red if you just give some your pokemon some training and make their lvl's 70-80+....

Author:   pokemon_master96
Date:   Jul 23, 10 at 8:35pm (PST)
quote H o r s E
As you well know his pokemon are above level 80...his Pikachu could sweep your whole team.

Seriously it's just an in-game trainer, it really shouldn't be that difficult to work out what you need to beat him.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that with 4 out of your 6 pokemon being below level 60, and the other two being UT lvl 70's with bad movesets, you will absolutely get your ass kicked. Why would you even bother thinking about versing Red yet?

Train them wherever you feel most comfortable, or get lvl 100's traded to you or something, since you really can't wait to verse him.

Pikachu has very crappy stats doesn't matter what level it is. So i doubt it can sweep my whole team, and im not facing him yet im still training. Instead of insulting me try to give me some helpful advice, and i already know what i need to beat him i just need some more training. If i wanted to i could use AR and kick the shit out of Red with one pokemon, but i dont like cheating.

Author:   smubby6
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 12:10am (PST)
actually, pikachu w/ light ball doubles both attacks. so he could probably sweep you. try leveling to 75+.

Author:   Honou
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 1:59am (PST)
get ho-ho to lv.72 hav it know sacredfire,thunder,ancientpower,safeguard.then get a quasire & get it to know earthqaue & dig.

Author:   bigogre
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 2:30am (PST)
Meh- I mangaed to beathim with my entire team around lvl 70 or so; just a matter of picking good type matchups as the AI doesnt like to switch.

Author:   Eon80
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 2:54am (PST)
Meh just used a Manectric and Articuno after using Meganium to KO Pikachu. All 3 were around level 80

Author:   Giral Ga
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 5:44am (PST)
well.......its true that there have been a lot of threads about this...but come on the dude is just asking for some advice :l

Author:   deather_123
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 6:49am (PST)
Go teach feraligatr Hydro pump and replace it with crunch level it up to 85 for charizard, Lugia could learn some more decent moves and level him up to 85-80, Heracros for snorlax, go level snorlax up to level 80 and teach him over 70 powered TM moves, Mew two for Ho-Oh and level Ho-oh to level 79 and save him for venasaur, give him EXP share till that happens, Ampharoas to level 80 no move change for blastoise and lapras, dragonite should be replaced by a pokemon with LOW KICK for snorelax becuase the more heavy the pokemon that low kick is used on, the better chance of easy kill
team layout:
1st.Snorelax
2nd.Ho-oh
3rd.Lugia for back up
4th.Heracross for back up
5th.Ampharoas
6th.Pokemon with low kick at level 85(sorry for not mentioning it)

Author:   Heartlessmac
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 6:54am (PST)
quote pokemon_master96
quote Heartlessmac
quote pokemon_master96
Well im finally at Mt.silver and i need some advice on how to beat Red.

I haven't exactly battled him yet because i know how strong he is so im training my pokemon first.

Party:

Feraligatr - Lvl 57

Moves: Rock Slide,Surf,Hydrocannon, and crunch

Lugia(just caught it) - Lvl 70

Aeroblast,Fly,Punishment and Ancientpower

Mewtwo(just caught it) - Lvl 70Pyschocut,guardswap,powerswap and Amnesia

Heracross - Lvl 51

Aerial Ace, cut,Brick Break and close combat

Ampharos - Lvl 51
Signal beam,Discharge,Thunder and chargebeam

Dragonite(just evolved recently) - Lvl 55

Wingattack,aqua tail,dragonrush and whirpool

Pc:

Latias - Lvl 35
Ho - oh - lvl 50
snorlax - lvl 50

i have more but they are all lvl 43 and under.

and please tell me good ways to train my pokemon quicker! and also give me advice on what moves i should replace.
STOP POSTING THESE THREADS!!!!!!!!! There are like 10 already,Just go look at those...
*bleep* off, i asked for advice not bitching from fags like u.
Dude, calm down. I was just kidding. I hardly come onto the HG forum anyway so i really dont care...but i did crack up when i read this.

Author:   Joker1994
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 7:43am (PST)
Hey hey calm down there are kids in these forums and just get ur team to lv 75-85 and you'll ne good i beat him with a team of lv 70's

Author:   Horse
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 8:27am (PST)
quote pokemon_master96
quote H o r s E

Pikachu has very crappy stats doesn't matter what level it is. So i doubt it can sweep my whole team, and im not facing him yet im still training. Instead of insulting me try to give me some helpful advice, and i already know what i need to beat him i just need some more training. If i wanted to i could use AR and kick the shit out of Red with one pokemon, but i dont like cheating.
...or you could grow a brain and use some common sense to realise you haven't got a chance in hell with that team. Like that other guy said, there are 50 of these threads around.

Author:   Eon80
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 8:55am (PST)
team of level 75-80 Pokemon should do the trick so long as you play to type advantages and heal when necessary.

Author:   tooru
Date:   Jul 24, 10 at 12:49pm (PST)
he is really strong, but if every pokemon in your party is 70 lvl or over and you get lotsa healing stuff you will be able to beat him

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.