Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Pokeathlon Records? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1523114-pokeathlon-records/

Author:   El Jako
Date:   May 05, 10 at 8:24pm (PST)
Subject:   Pokeathlon Records?
-------------------------------------------
I just started doing the Pokeathlon thanks to my little bro. He played it a few times and said he liked it, but I still wouldn't go. Finally he convinved me to go, and that's all I've been doing for the past two days. I love it, and I'm pretty sure its what I'm gonna be doing most of the time. What are your records so far? I wanna see how mine compare, since the only person I have to judge off of is my little brother. Here is mine so far:

Hurdle Dash-83.8 Seconds
Pennant Capture-40 Flags
Circle Push-61 Points
Block Smash-136 Pieces
Disc Catch-86 Points
Lamp Jump-514 Points
Relay Run-18.4 Laps
Ring Drop-200 Points
Snow Throw-61 Hits
Goal Roll-6 Points

I also have 4,011 Points (check the big statue of you in the last room to see points). I have nine Collective Trophies, two Trust Trophies, 7 Potential Trophies, and 8 Friendship Trophies.

And as a question, what are your medalist Pokemon? I need some more to get the rest of the Trust Trophies.

Author:   Eon80
Date:   May 05, 10 at 8:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Pokeathlon Records?
I have over a hundred medalist Pokemon so you'd have to PM me for me to tell you all of them but i've gotten all but 2 trophies(both of them trust trophies) in about 20 hours of playing time in the Pokeathlon. idk what my best scores are by memory(my DS just died after playing HG a lot) but my worst 2 are definitely Snow Throw and Pennant Capture while my best ones are the Relay Run, Goal Roll, Block Smash, and Ring Drop.

Date:   May 05, 10 at 9:10pm (PST)
I suck at Goal Roll, its freaking hard. Best ones for me are Relay Run, Snow Throw, Ring Drop, and Block Smash.

Date:   May 05, 10 at 9:31pm (PST)
Hate Snow Throw. i just now got the potential trophy for it after about 25 tries, but Goal Roll is fairly simple. Here's what you need for it:
A Pokemon with high power, skill, and stamina. When i think of this , my Brave natured Meganium comes to mind as it has a 4-star power and max stamina and skill. this Pokemon should guard your Goal.

A Pokemon with good stamina, and decent skill. I like to call this one my "runner" as it will chase the ball and try to score as often as possible. Vaporeon is great here as you won't be using much power with this one. This Pokemon should just be guided to the ball. DO NOT DASH UNLESS IT'S YOUR GOALTENDER!!! the game is actuall easier if you don't have to try and aim. My Bold Vaporeon has a 2-star speed, and 4-star skill and stamina. My timid has a 3-star speed and stamina, and 4-star skill

A Pokemon with high power, good stamina, and decent skill. My Blaziken comes to mind here. max power and a 3-star rating in stamina and skill. you should keep the Pokemon that meets this criteria near the center of the field. This strategy lets you go from offense to defense in a snap and back to offense just as quickly. Your goaltender keeps opponents from scoring and your middle of the field Pokemon is your backup runner if your main one becomes fatigued so you can keep the offensive assault on.

Date:   May 05, 10 at 9:52pm (PST)
See, thats why youre better than me at that. I don't think it through, I hit the ball with whichever Pokemon is closest. But I will do that after my DS gets through charging, since it just died. As for Snow Throw, just aim all the balls to the left. It hits almost every single time. I use Articuno, Raikou, and Zapdos. I get 50+ on it just about every time. What about Pennant Capture? I freakin suck at it. It took me forever just to get 35 flags for the last room, and now it wants 50 for a freakin trophy? That's not right.

Date:   May 05, 10 at 11:13pm (PST)
My best is 50 lol. i can give you advise but u really need luck with that.

Have a great speed pokemon lead. Jolteon comes to mind instantly as it had great speed and skill(potential 5-star in each with a 4-star base)

something good in both speed and stamina. not much comes to mind here but a jolly Umbreon isn't a bad thought since that gives it a 3-star speed stat and it already has max stamina. this keeps you from getting hit from behind and dazed for a long time.

finally a good skill and stamina pokemon. again Vaporeon comes to mind as with a timid nature, it has a 3-star speed and stamina stat to go with its 4-star skill stat. this lets u turn sharply if you see a flag and you may get hit if you try to get it.

Overall the best advice for running the actual course is to stay to the outside as much as possible. Most go for the middle leaving the outside open. Keep an eye on where others are starting out and just go where they don't(i.e. people starting in the left half of the arena=u start in the right half). Other than that, it's really about luck and getting 50 flags in 60 seconds. Also try to get 8-9 flags in with each Pokemon(idealy in 10 second intervals). this will give you some leeway toward the end as you may not have enough time to get 9 and as long as you've gone 5 times and gotten 9 flags 3 times, then you'll just need 7 on the last run to hit 50.

Date:   May 06, 10 at 2:07am (PST)
Yeah, normally I just use fast Pokemon. I am pretty good about staying on the outside of the arena, but I hate it when they put those blocks on the outside. That's the only way I got 30, was cuz all the blocks were in the middle and I could get all the flags from around the outside.

As for a Pokemon with high speed and stamina, Entei has four stars in both of those. I never knew that skill made it easier to turn. Usually for the skill course I use Articuno (five stars in speed) and Abra (five big stars in speed).

If you have over a hundred medalist Pokemon, how come you don't have all the Trust trophies? I know for three trophies you need five Pokemon, but how many do you need for all ten?

Date:   May 06, 10 at 2:16am (PST)
well you need 150 for 9 and i'm assuming 200 for all ten. it goes up in rising incriments

Date:   May 06, 10 at 9:55pm (PST)
Well, thats way too many. Theres no reason to need that many. I hope they give you somthing for getting all forty trophies.

Date:   May 06, 10 at 10:10pm (PST)
they better!!!!

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   May 07, 10 at 8:08am (PST)
My Records are;
Hurdle Dash 83.8 secs (same as El Jako)
Pennant Capture 35 flags (just off!)
Cirle Push 43 points
Block Smash 108 pieces
Disc Catch 55 points
Lamp Jump 435 points
Relay Run 17.8 Laps
Ring Drop 146 points
Snow Throw 53 points (just spam one team!)
Goal Roll 8 Points (i own with Megainium!)

Some of my medalist Pokemon are;
Linoone
Sentret
Furret
Ho-oh
Ampharos and that's just a few.

Date:   May 07, 10 at 7:01pm (PST)
Nice goal roll. That's one goal from a trophy. I have another question about the medalist Pokemon. Do you give them drinks to up their stats or just put em with some really good Pokemon and let the other Pokemon make up for their weaknesses?

Date:   May 08, 10 at 5:06am (PST)
I love Meganium on goal roll and Ring Drop. The final forms are real easy to do. I just pair them as best i can. first forms are hard though, but by the time i really started to get going with medalist pokemon, i honed my skills in each competition so i would know what i needed to do to win

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   May 08, 10 at 6:51am (PST)
My records:
Hurdle Dash: 96.6 sec.
Pennant Capture: 36 flags(gay game)
Circle Push: 43 points
Block Smash: 107 pieces
Disc Catch: 47 points
Lamp Jump: 480 points
Relay Run: 13.1 Laps
Ring Drop: 85 points
Snoball Throw: 38 hits
Goal Roll: 5 points

wow. I suck compared to the other people

Author:   pommyadam
Date:   May 08, 10 at 10:28am (PST)
gimme a sec

note: i don't bother with natures/ drinks, just use pokemon with high base things

Hurdle dash - 89.8 secs
Pennant capture - 38 flags
Circle Push - 55 points
Block Smash - 120 blocks (any advice on how to get more?)
Disc catch - 60 points
Lamp jump - 500 points
Relay run - 18.4 laps
Ring drop - 141 points
snow throw - 50 hits
goal roll - 10 goals

my tips:
Hurdle dash - try and jump on the hurdle (and not have a poke hit it)
Pennant capture - i spam the outside
Circle Push - there's always one 5 that is left alone, just put pokemon into that
Block Smash - just switch as the blocks are reset
disc catch - gett one pokemon back for 5pts, one charging others out the way (power poke), and one for the front pokes
lamp jump - just spam the pull thingy (you know what i mean, and legendaries)
Relay run - high speed and stamina is good here (i love mewtwo for this reason)
Ring drop - power is key, hit hard
snow throw - just spam one team (either the left or right for me)
goal roll - 10 goals

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.