Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Articuno... T__T - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1505796-articuno-t__t/2.htm

Author:   Shawn Yasumara
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 2:48am (PST)
Subject:   re: Articuno... T__T
-------------------------------------------
To answer your question,you can use quotes from anything for that thread.

And as everyone said,False Swipe is a great move for catching legendary Pokemon.

Author:   Quierta
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 2:54am (PST)
quote Slowpoke360
I will ask a question and answer your question: Can I get quotes from other forums and put them in the loungin "quotes from neoseekers" thread?

Hallo ;3

You can put quotes from anywhere on Neo, or even on MSN if you want ((as long as you edit out the names so we know who it is)) as long as it was a seeker who originally said it.

---

I'm actually gonna stick with Dusk Balls, because since it's in a cave it should have the same chance as a Timer Ball would ((x4)) but it doesn't matter how many turns have passed.

Is it also true that the more balls you throw, the more likely you'll catch it? I remember hearing that somewhere a loooong time ago.

Author:   Greatchomp
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 2:55am (PST)
Weird thing is, I got 2 shakes with the Lure Ball.

But I caught it with a Great Ball.

Author:   Soda
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 3:16am (PST)
quote Quierta
Is it also true that the more balls you throw, the more likely you'll catch it? I remember hearing that somewhere a loooong time ago.
Nope. Same chance every time.

Author:   dragonitegirl
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 4:43am (PST)
i had a hard time catching moltres, i got so frustrated that i just gave up and walked on to verse Red and thought i'd come back for moltres later. i didn't. 8 )

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 5:14am (PST)
quote dragonitegirl
i had a hard time catching moltres, i got so frustrated that i just gave up and walked on to verse Red and thought i'd come back for moltres later. i didn't. 8 )
This sounds familiar ...

quote Chaos Team
I almost forgot. On the way to fight Red, I saw a wild Moltres! And I had 50 ultra balls, 20 dusk balls, etc.

20 minutes of my life wasted

Author:   dragonitegirl
Date:   Apr 04, 10 at 5:19am (PST)
yeah haha i mean who wants a bird thats on fire anyways...
*cough* me *cough*

Author:   helpfulaboutpokemon
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 3:01pm (PST)
if you can only see 1-4 red bars of health left and its paralyzed or asleep and using dusk balls, the catch rate is roughly 14-17 where 255 is a guaranteed catch. since the catch rate isnt 255 a new formula is put into place and that will put your catch rate at about 16-19. with the new formula a random number is generated everytime the ball shakes and if the number is larger than the 16-19 the catch fails if the number is lower than 16-19 it will shake again and repeat until caught or fail.

Author:   Cheeky boo
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 12:12pm (PST)
Ok if you want to know the health of arcticuno, it's best to use false swipe to get it to 1 hp. My team was something on the lines of meganium, gyrydoes, snorlax, togetic, ho-oh and haunter. I used an ultra ball so nothings impossible

Author:   Auren
Date:   Dec 24, 12 at 11:27pm (PST)
Try to make it fall asleep, then use either a Dusk Ball (because you are in a cave) or a Timer Ball (after a few turns have gone by) to increase your chances. I got lucky and caught it with a normal Pokeball.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.