Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Question about the Pokewalker - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1505782-question-about-pokewalker/

Author:   saetep
Date:   Apr 03, 10 at 7:46pm (PST)
Subject:   Question about the Pokewalker
-------------------------------------------
Is it possible for me to start a new game with a pokemon in the pokewalker and then transfer it back, or will the pokemon disappear? For example, I received Charmander from Professor Oak, but I've beaten the elite four for the thousandth time and already beat Red, so there's no real point in leveling it. Despite this, it's my favorite pokemon. So I'm hoping I can put it in the pokewalker, start a new game, and then send it back and have Charmander and Totodile to start with.

Edit: Also connected with this. If I use the wifi event to get the Yellow Forest, but never use it before starting a new game will it be erased from my pokewalker somehow.

Author:   Cadel Dusk
Date:   Apr 03, 10 at 9:46pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Question about the Pokewalker
Unfortunately, the Pokewalker will not recognize your cartridge if you start a new game. So the only way to keep the Charmander would be to transfer to another game cartridge and send it back after starting a new game.

Date:   Apr 03, 10 at 10:00pm (PST)
Will it recognize that I have the Yellow Forest event on my cartridge if I start a new game, or will that get erased too?

Author:   Mudkipx3
Date:   Apr 03, 10 at 10:13pm (PST)
quote saetep
Will it recognize that I have the Yellow Forest event on my cartridge if I start a new game, or will that get erased too?
I think it goes away too. Just redownload it.

Date:   Apr 03, 10 at 10:40pm (PST)
Well that sucks. The events only last for a month or so, so if I ever start a new game I won't be able to use any of the event areas.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.