Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Claire Cheats! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1502306-claire-cheats/

Author:   KaibasAngel
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 3:23am (PST)
Subject:   Claire Cheats!
-------------------------------------------
i made it to the last Gym and got beat by Claire..her stupid Kingdra hydro pumped all 6 of my pokemon to death..but it should have only been able to KO 5 with that move since Hydro Pump only has 5/5 pp points..so either she shoved PP ups down its throat or pulled a 6th one out of her butt..any one which one is better for against her Amphraos or Jynx?

Author:   HybridStars
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 3:28am (PST)
Subject:   re: Claire Cheats!
PP up

Author:   MetalHeart
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 3:47am (PST)
Oh, she's not done cheating...

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 3:53am (PST)
Ampharos. Water negates Ice weakness on Kingdra.

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 3:57am (PST)
You are all wrong. Togetic is the best counter for kingdra. duh

Author:   Menkoy
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 4:02am (PST)

quote Reenee
Ampharos. Water negates Ice weakness on Kingdra.
No, because electric is weak against dragon.

Pack someone with a dragon-type attack or the best you're doing is 1x effective against it.

Author:   Mudkipx3
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 4:11am (PST)
I say go with whoever can hit the hardest but keeping a 1x. The only thing super effective is Dragon.

Author:   LHH
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 8:09am (PST)
Meh,i just use dragonite's Outrage to blast it.2OHKO

Author:   Misty
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 8:23am (PST)
I just used Scizor combined with Feraligatr with Ice Fang against her and she just died miserably along with the rest of the gym. She's only strong against elemental attacks, with Scizor's high attack and defense stats she really can't do much harm to it and she's not well-protected against bug-type attacks like U Turn and X Scissor.

For everyone but Gyarados (who got taken out by Nidoking + Thunderbolt), all I did was used X Scissor once, let her heal her Pokemon with her Hyper Potion/Full Restore, used U Turn, then finished it with Feraligatr and Ice Fang, repeat for all of her Pokemon. If not bug, try poison maybe, a Crobat with Poison Fang is good, as are really any non-elemental attacks. Rock's effective, as is Steel, Ground, Psychic, etc. Use your imagination, it doesn't have to say it's super effective for it to work effectively.

Author:   GoldenArab
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 5:27pm (PST)
I'm not that far yet, but Typhlosion with Iron Tail was good enough back in the original days:P

Author:   pommyadam
Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 1:32am (PST)
a gastly with curse helped me to whittle down kingdra's hp (coupled with a focus sash)

fighting is also pretty good on it as well (or my level 23 heracross was with brick break, after paralysis by ampharos)

also the gyarados from the LoR helps (with dragon rage)

Date:   Mar 29, 10 at 6:11am (PST)
quote GoldenArab
I'm not that far yet, but Typhlosion with Iron Tail was good enough back in the original days:P
Not iron tail, Dig. My typhlosion took out Clair, Morty and other Gengars that showed up easily with dig

Author:   Kasuke Kazekami
Date:   May 28, 10 at 5:48am (PST)
It's not too hard to beat kingdra. All that's needed is a resonably leveled Haunter or Gengar (35-45) if you can get it. If you can get down to Kingdra with Haunter and another pokemon who can take one hit from Kingdra (in my case a level 31 red Garados). Use Haunter's curse, or hypnosis then curse if your confidant the hypnosis will hit. Wait it out and if needed heal yourself to victory.

Pokemon set
Gengar 36
Gengar 33
Dragonair 35
Garados 31 (red from Lake of Rage)
Alakazam 35
Farfetched 16

Author:   Kasuke Kazekami
Date:   May 28, 10 at 5:54am (PST)
Chaos Team
Not iron tail, Dig. My typhlosion took out Clair, Morty and other Gengars that showed up easily with dig
Dig cannot take out Gengars because they have levitate 100% of the time. Verified by Serebii.net. Link http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/094.shtml

Date:   May 28, 10 at 6:00am (PST)
quote Kasuke Kazekami
Chaos Team
Dig cannot take out Gengars because they have levitate 100% of the time. Verified by Serebii.net. Link http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/094.shtml
Welcome to Neoseeker!

This thread was created 2 months ago. Not that it's your fault, but he poster above you.

We were on the subject of the original games, where abilities were not yet made; therefore, Gengar could be KOd easily with Dig.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.