Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: just an idea. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1502100-just-an-idea/

Author:   umoto
Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 8:01pm (PST)
Subject:   just an idea.
-------------------------------------------
I was thinking about writing out a plot to a pokemon scenario. any battles would take place with your pokemon vs ones that would appear in the scenario. for example, you stand before a fork in the road, right fork would take you to town, left fork would put you in front of one infuriated snorlax. At which point you would have to battle a snorlax. I would put a snorlax into my team and you would fight it online. Of course whether you win or lose fights would also alter the course of the plot, and if you lose a fight you can't afford to lose, you get 3 shots at it. if you lose all 3 times the game is over and you lost.

sounds overly simple, but there would be times you would only have access to certain pokemon on your team. you choose however many pokemon the scenario calls for, then each pokemon is given a number. 1 through however many you got. as the scenario unfolds, perhaps pokemon number 4 and 5 take ill and can't fight, leaving you with only 1,2,3 and 6.

If anyone thinks it might be interesting I'll finish the script for it and train up some pokemon to use in it.

Author:   Mudkipx3
Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 8:50pm (PST)
Subject:   re: just an idea.
Why are you posting this here?

Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 9:56pm (PST)
because this is where people who play post at. this isn't completely some text based thing. the actual fights take place with the actual Pokemon hg/ss. I could have posted this in the battle thead, but I would have gotten the same response, "Why are you posting this here?"

I'm just fishing for an idea on whether or not I should even bother with the idea.I thought it might be fun for me to do and to give something of a challenge to those who don't want to battle competitively all the time. It's more of a casual play idea, something you could do with your in game storyline team and actually win at.

Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 10:11pm (PST)
So this is like a new pokemon game?

Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 10:43pm (PST)
in a manner of speaking, and yet, no. it uses the same game you already got to carry out the fights. Most of the scenarios will be a 3-5 chapter ministory. at the end of each section you will either have to fight a battle or make a decision. your decision determines the next section.

the first one I'm working on has the player stumble onto a hidden team rocket base after hearing rumors of some incredibly strange events happening deep in a forest. of course you end up captured, and manage to break free. the rockets manage to take your 6 pokemon and hack Bill's PC and take another 6 before things to terribly awry for them when a hungry snorlax breaks out of its case and busts into yours, smelling the berries in your bag.

you end up with 12 pokemon (yours of course) and your pokemon naturally refuse to leave without bailing out the other captives.

of course thats just the beginning and not the entire story.

Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 10:47pm (PST)
But what does this have to do with Pokemon Heart Gold? Other than having the same pokemon.

Author:   Growlie
Date:   Mar 27, 10 at 11:31pm (PST)
I read your idea and I'm completely lost. and I don't think this sort of idea belongs in the HG forums...

Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 12:32am (PST)
because it uses the actual Pokemon Heart Gold (and soul silver) game cards in your very own nintendo ds... oh nevermind I even said anything.

Author:   Brawler
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 12:56am (PST)
I understand your idea and I like it. Its sort of like roleplaying, and then when you come to some event, like a snorlax battle, they would battle your snorlax.

Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 12:59am (PST)
someone actually got it. nice. that exactly what I was saying. you use YOUR pokemon on YOUR game for the battles, of course I control the enemy pokemon and will either play smartly or dumb as a rock depending on the situation at hand.

I think I'll finish the 1st one and show you how it works... It's gonna take a while to plot it all out. I want several possible choices and endings.

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 1:32am (PST)
Ahhhhh! Really long posts! I don't have time to read all this!

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 1:41am (PST)
quote Brawler
I understand your idea and I like it. Its sort of like roleplaying, and then when you come to some event, like a snorlax battle, they would battle your snorlax.
If the topic is actually this, it belongs in the Roleplaying Forum.

If not, meh, it's difficult to follow.

Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 2:39am (PST)
hmm. wouldn't call it an rpg though. and you play out the actual battles vs me with your actual video game.and all you do is read what I write, then make a decision. its only designed for 1 person to play at a time.

Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 2:41am (PST)
Okay I get it now

Date:   Mar 28, 10 at 3:20am (PST)
just figured it might be something a little different. a way for me to use my creativity in a nonproductive manner, play with a few people and perhaps even hand out a few pokemon to those who manage to complete it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.