Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: When do you ditch your starter Pokemon? - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1493607-you-ditch-your-starter-pokemon/4.htm

Author:   Chaosfire
Date:   Dec 10, 10 at 2:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: When do you ditch your starter Pokemon?
-------------------------------------------
it depends for me, when i first get a game i'll keep the starter if i like the starter, but if im doing a youtube walkthrough, i'll probally trade over low level pokemon and use them

Author:   Sengoku
Date:   Dec 10, 10 at 6:38am (PST)
I'm proud to say that I have never switched out my starter Pokemon. Starters have always been an irreplaceable member of my team, and my teams are always built around the starter of my choice.

Author:   Pokemon cheater
Date:   Dec 16, 10 at 12:31am (PST)
I have made my Typhlosion a permanant part of my team. Check back to my account later to see my first new signature in a year!(Pokemon Team)

Author:   thescourgex2
Date:   Mar 20, 11 at 11:29pm (PST)
i would never ditch my starter

Author:   Litwick
Date:   Mar 25, 11 at 3:23pm (PST)
Heart Gold's been all about catching as many pokemon from the previous generations as possible for the sake of nostalgia so I never quite built a decent team. I got rid of my regular team entirely when it was time for the next region (no good with names unfortunately xD) where I used 'eeveelutions' entirely. I hated grinding back then so I didn't train them all that much, besides I got distracted by volt tacke so I stole Red's light ball and hatched a pichu that knows volt tackle I got so addicted to breeding and training pokemon by then that I never even bothered to beat Red. My HG playthrough has been ridiculously disorganized and terrible so I'll most likely transfer all my valuables from that game to my new awesome Black version and restart I can't stand any of the starters except Charmander, Bulbasaur and Chimchar so as soon as I find a good replacement, I ditch the starter unless it's one of those 3.

Author:   avinash529
Date:   Mar 31, 11 at 12:10pm (PST)
Ummm for me I never Ditch my starter Pokemon because remember if you battle with a Pokemon a lot you will bond with them more and make them more comfortable with you. Next thing is when you finish the elite four you get to move on the the champion when you beat the champion you get in the Hall of Fame All of your pokemon you used for the elite four and champion will be recorded! It will feel bad if you dont have your Starter Pokemon In there!

Hope This Helps!

Author:   PKMNTrainerKoolKat
Date:   Aug 11, 11 at 10:45pm (PST)
When I first played the game, I only trained my Cyndaquil.
I ended up with this team (until I got an action replay)
Typhlosion 100
Dragonite 56
Poliwrath 52
Lugia 70
Mewtwo 70
Blastoise 47

I switched Poliwrath with Mightyena from Emerald.
I traded Mewtwo for a Dialga 87 on Platinum.
then i used rare candies and got an arceus

Author:   number 20m
Date:   Aug 27, 11 at 6:19pm (PST)
I keep them for the in-game stuff, but for competitive battling I almost always get rid of them

Author:   beccyorange
Date:   Sep 03, 11 at 4:15pm (PST)
Never. Even after I catch the legendaries I still keep it. In fact, it's always the first in my party and walks with me.

I even have a level 80-something Ho-oH. and a 90-something Lugia but I keep my 90-something Typhlosion.

Author:   Black Pikmin123
Date:   Sep 05, 11 at 1:07am (PST)
I never switch out my starter<3
I tried it once on Platinum, but it was really dull without one 3:
The game just isn't the same for me without a little Cyndaquil or Chikorita tromping around behind me. :3

Author:   Magic
Date:   Sep 05, 11 at 6:40am (PST)
My starter Pokemon is an irreplaceable, and valuable member of my team. Every other Pokemon I chose is based around my Starter's strength's and weaknesses. I never replace my Starter Pokemon. Ever.

Author:   zeowolfbain
Date:   Sep 08, 11 at 8:25pm (PST)
I always build a team of my favorites though im accually dissapointed with the starters from black ane white. So ill probly swich out once i find an old favorite to use but mostly the starter i pick i dont get rid of unless im in need of space for training.

Author:   Castlewars
Date:   Oct 08, 11 at 11:58am (PST)
I keep it in case I'm getting faced with really tough foes or the champion. I don't want to walk through the game with a Pokemon that you caught at level 3 or so.

Author:   iammewtwo
Date:   Oct 10, 11 at 11:50pm (PST)
I never ditch it! Usually, my starter pokemon is the stronger of the group, for example if i have totodile, it is like level 100 while for example, i have a pidgeot and it is level 56.

Author:   Castlewars
Date:   Oct 16, 11 at 12:21pm (PST)
quote iammewtwo
I never ditch it! Usually, my starter pokemon is the stronger of the group, for example if i have totodile, it is like level 100 while for example, i have a pidgeot and it is level 56.
You're just like me! I always have to keep my starter because he is an HM slave (Surf) and I don't want to use the HM again.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.