Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Trainer Card Contest I - Pokemon Heart Gold Forum! Theme; Psychic! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1440528-trainer-card-contest-pokemon-heart-gold-forum-theme-psychic/

Author:   Origin
Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 12:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Trainer Card Contest I - Pokemon Heart Gold Forum! Theme; Psychic!
-------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Pokemon HeartGold forum Trainer Card Contest!
(A contest for all members, veterans to newbies to test their skill, developing and developed, in the art of trainer cards!)

The Trainer Card Contests in the Pokemon forums have been overwhelming successful, and in every forum of a new game there has always been one. Of course, with Avalith's permission, there had to be one in HeartGold, and I hope like all the other contests this one sees the same result.

Some general guidelines to start you off;
  1. There are two types of rounds, regular rounds are where the judge of the round sets a theme and anyone may enter a Trainers Card that follows the set theme and tournament rounds are special tournaments of selected members who apply, and will be explained more when one comes around.
  2. Try not to edit your posts that have your entries for the round! If you do so, and we see your card has changed, you may be disqualified!
  3. One card per round, only your first will be accepted and you may get penalized if you breach this rule.
  4. No stealing other peoples work, if you do, you will get heavily punished, and possibly a ban.
  5. Do not post random cards in this thread. Your post will get deleted if you do so.
  6. Obviously you must follow all of Neoseekers Forums Wide Rules, and this forums' specific rules. Failure to do so could lead to Moderator level punishment.
  7. Remember, have fun! This contest is for your enjoyment and participation, and discussion on the topics and rounds is also always welcome.
How to make a trainer card - resources;

These are two tutorials that should help you out when creating your cards;

TC Tutorial
Background Tutorial

Judges;

For the rounds to work, we obviously need judges. A judge will set a theme at the start of the round, with a deadline, and at the end of the deadline will gather up all the entries, grade them, then collaborate the entries and grades in a post. The next round will be posted up afterward.

At the moment Origin is the only judge, but as the contest continues and grows another(s) will become a part of the team.

Scoring/Scoreboard:

The Trainer Cards will be graded from A-F, pluses and minuses are included in this. F- is the lowest score, with A+ being the highest. 1st receives 3 points, 2nd 2 points, and third 1 point.

Scoreboard:

Fourthbeat - 3 points
E4 MortY - 2 points
Isilwen - 1 point

Current Round:

Next theme!

Type theme - Psychic; your card must revolver around the Psychic type.

Judge: Origin

(Note; this post will be formatted later on to be a bit more aesthetically appealing.)

Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 12:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Trainer Card Contest I - Pokemon Heart Gold Forum! Theme; Psychic!
Thread editions, rounds and hall of fame!

Thread editions:

Trainer Card Contest I - Pokemon Heart Gold Forum!

Rounds:

Hall of fame:

A+

Fourthbeat - Round I, Thread I

Fourthbeat - Round II, Thread I

A

E4 MortY - Round I, Thread I

Isilwen - Round I, Thread I

Isilwen - Round II, Thread I

A-

LunarLime - Round I, Thread I

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 2:00pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Trainer Card Contest I - Pokemon Heart Gold Forum! Theme; Psychic!
Finally! Congrats on getting his set up Origin, I'll be sure to be a regular.

e: Can we enter cards we've entered in other rounds/contests?

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Dragoon on Oct 28 2009.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 3:20pm (PST)
Could you repeatedly mention the fact I'm giving away an event Deoxys to the top winner? :V

Author:   FourthBeat
Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 8:22pm (PST)

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 8:56pm (PST)
I vote the first plan of action be to change the title appropriately.

(We're not in Platinum )

Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 6:25am (PST)
Oh gosh how embarrassing baha.

You can enter any card you want, but original cards are better received. I'm hoping this contests becomes unique and an individual success of the other contests', so I'm looking forward to seeing new cards.

Author:   w111j
Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 2:19pm (PST)
I'm coming Gunning for that Deoxys. I can smell it's legit, and I don't have one yet. So, here's my entry. I'll give my theme, and credits.

Credits:
Backgrounds: Google
Trainer Sprite: Google
Pokemon Sprites: Resources
Template: Samkuro
Badge: w111j
Inspiration: Luckyman77777

And that should be it.

OK. I decided to use a knights theme. I had created the badge for a different thing, but it works quite well here. This gym leader uses pokemon with strong attacks. He doesn't focus on types. He chose some pokemon that he thought would be strong, and trained them. He soon became the gym leader of Stonewall City. He mostly uses phisical attack moves. He gives out the Blade Badge to the winners. And TM 68 is Giga Impact, a strong Phisical attack.

C+C.

Author:   luckyman77777
Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 10:12pm (PST)
I've got an entry coming, but due to lack of space, the middle word will not have "'s" on it. I hope that's okay!

Author:   Ripulse
Date:   Oct 30, 09 at 4:33am (PST)
Two more resources:

All current pokemon sprites, constantly updated

A screenshot taken of all D/P and PMD2 items, from the same site:

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by Ripulse on Nov 18 2009.

Date:   Oct 30, 09 at 7:21pm (PST)
Making this card was not easy, but it's the best I've ever done.

Omnis is the King Leader, master of Gym Leader Castle. Located outside of the four regions, only those who have won all 32 badges may apply. The challenge is to defeat all the Gym Leaders one last time. They use one Pokemon each, but their levels range from 65-72. Your Pokemon will be healed after beating all the Leaders of one region. When they fall, you move to the next level. You must now face each Elite Four member. Each uses two Pokemon, levels ranging from 73-80. After beating four members, you are healed again. Beat all 16 to reach the top. Don't let his casual clothing fool you; Omnis has proven that he deserves to wear the King Leader's crown. With his balanced types and high levels and stats, not even Red can defeat him, but can you? He saved Latios on his journeys, and it chose to accompany him. Cynthia is his childhood friend, and the black scarf he wears is a memento of her. If you can beat Omnis, you will gain the highest honor: the Omega Badge!

C+C, please.

Author:   w111j
Date:   Oct 30, 09 at 7:30pm (PST)
That's a good card. I guess that the Latios thing is OK. I wouldn't use a legendary on a traners card, but that's just me. The Omega Badge is a nice touch. It looks pretty good. Congrats. The sprite looks a little off though.

Date:   Oct 30, 09 at 8:36pm (PST)
The colors on the clothing look flat, especially on the scarf.

Date:   Oct 30, 09 at 8:40pm (PST)
Yeah, I know. I was never very good at making drawings look 3D.

Date:   Oct 30, 09 at 8:42pm (PST)
You mean having a sense of perspective.

Look at w111j's card and try your best shot at it. You merely need to color in at a shade lighter or darker.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.